Da Frozen Sunz - 24/11 - Shadespire orruks done!

tuorgustavo

@tuorgustavo - Glad to hear you got some good mileage out of them. I used a 6 pack at the back end of 2016 and found them to be alright.

On ‎15‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 6:52 PM, tuorgustavo said:

My thought is that they are useless as a trio, even for 140pts,

I have to disagree with this. I think with our loss of movement they are now more vital than ever for some early objective scoring. Still, we are in early days of the General's Handbook 2017 at the moment so it's good to see people are trying out different things :) 

12 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

I think with our loss of movement they are now more vital than ever for some early objective scoring.

I´m still not over the loss of Rampaging Destroyers. :( In 4  games that I played, I only triggered the new version once, and I usually run 2 heroes. Grunta´s moviment is important to score, that is true. But I dont feel like running 3 of them only for that. As a 6 pack they strike fear, and this is important.  I won a game last saturday because my opponent was scared by their moviment and wounds. He threw an Arachnarok on them on turn 2  and was busy for 3 turn. That allowed me to use my Cabagge get an objetive than get to the big 8 legged thing to finish it off.

More battle reports! I made it to my monthly gameday at a FLGS to roll some dice.

#10 vs Mixed Destruction.

My list was:
Ironjawz Allegiance
Megaboss - Ironclad - Destroyer
Warchater
Orruk Warboss On Boar with Great Waagh! Banner.
2 x 5 Brutes
1 x 6 Gore Gruntas

My opponent list was:
 Grot Shaman
Wierdnob Shaman
Frostlord on Stonehorn
2 x 20 grots with spears and nets
5x Brutes

We played Battle for the Pass and it was pretty fun. I got iniciative and let him have 1st turn only to almost lose my megaboss, he took 6 wounds from the Stonehorn. My turn I buffed the gruntas and charged them. They killed him alone in 1 turn! I was so relieved that I cant quite remember what happened after, just that those Grots with Nets are really a pain in the back. We battled throught points and on the 4th round I caputred all objetives, got ahead and then tabled his army on 5th round scoring a Major Victory.

That first Grunta´s charge on the Stonehorn really set the battle to me, their D3 damage is really impressive. I´m starting to love these piggies!
IMG_20170916_141250_456.jpg

#11 vs Mixed Destuction (Mostly Grots)
This was a 1500 pts batle, I took:

Megaboss on Maw Krusha - General - Ironclad - Destroyer.
Megaboss
Warchanter
2 x 5 Brutes
1 x 6 Gruntas
1 Gargant

My opponent list was something like this
2 Arachnarok Spider With Grot Shaman
Grot Big Boss On Gigantic Spider
Grot Shaman
3 x 20 Moonclan Grots
1 x 3 Fanatics
1 x 10 spiderfang riders
1 x 2 frost sabers

The point count doesnt match, surely I´m missing something.

We played Scorched Earth, again I gave him 1st turn and reacted moving the Cabagge and Gruntas for a charge. The cabagge alone wipped a unit of grots but I failled to charge the Arachnarok with the gruntas. But my opponnet launched his big spideron them next turn. That nasty double mortal wound skills took half of the unit, but 3 survivors hold their ground time enough for the Cabagge get to the fight and finish off da big thing. In the other side of the battle the Gargant was alone protecting an objetive against 1 unit of grots. I charged him and he released the Fanacts. Such a nice unit, but a petty that the Gargant stuffed one in his bag and kicked the others to death, still able to kill 5 more grots with his massive club! The battle raged on and at the end of round 4 there was only 2 active objetives. I had most of my army, just lost the Gargant and Warchanter and was 1 point ahead, when he saw that was impossible to capture the objective that I was guarding, because it was across the map and secured by 10 brutes and megaboss, he conceded.

Major Victory. I must admit that I was concerned about fielding the Gargant, but it is so amazing to see in the table, besides it´s power, he is great against low wound models!

IMG_20170916_164059_829.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New battle reports!

#12 -  Beastclaw Raiders - Scorched Earth 

I took my usually 1k list:
Ironjawz Allegiance
Megaboss - Ironclad - Destroyer
Warchater
Orruk Warboss On Boar with Great Waagh! Banner.
2 x 5 Brutes
1 x 6 Gore Gruntas

My opponent took:
Frostlord on Thundertusk 
2 x Mournfang Pack 
Stonehorn Beastriders 

It was a total disasters for the orcs. He gave me first turn, I tried to charge one of the behemots with my gruntas but I failed, leaving then unprotected. Then he moved and almost killed my megaboss with 6 mortal wounds. I lost all my gruntas before I was able to do any significant damage to them. Next turn I lost initiative and the game. He charged my Brutes and Megaboss, killing then, leaving only the warchanter that was hiden alive. 
Major Loss - Man, those things hit hard and are even harder to kill! Hope to not play against then in the future 
:$

BCR.jpg

#13 - Flesheater Courts -  Duality of Death

I took the same list as before and I think that my opponent list was:

Abhorrant Ghoul King 
Crypt Ghast Courtier 
3 x Crypt Horrors 
20 x Crypt Ghouls 
10 x Crypt Ghouls  - for summoning
Zombie Dragon 

I gave him first turn and let him get close to the objetives. He moved his Ghoul King and Crypt Ghast to one side and the dragon and horrors to the other. In my turn, Morka smiled at my dice and allowed me to use Mighty Destroyers on the brutes and Megaboss. I used the gruntas to make a screen in front of the zombie dragon and let then ready to charge 8". My brutes made an incredible 13" charge to the Ghoul King and surrounded him, but the gruntas failed the charge. The brutes killed the King with little effort and I took the next initiave. Repositioned the brutes to fight the dragon, moved the warchanter to the objetive and charged the zombie dragon! 6 wounds from the gruntas + 11 from the riders! I love when they kill big things! 
Major Victory - My opponent pratically conceded when the Ghoul King died in turn 1. He understimated our will to move and charge! :P

FEC.JPG

#14 - Sylvaneth - Startrike

Same list for me and this was my opponents list:
Allegiance: Sylvaneth
Drycha Hamadreth 
Branchwych 
10 x Dryads 
5 x Spite-Revenants 
3 x Kurnoth Hunters 
Treelord 

This was the most tactic battle of the day. I keept my distance from the forest, the Spite revenants and Drycha was bugging me. I moved my gruntas to charge then, but failed again. Thanks to Gorka, my brutes and megaboss were able to corner the treelord and killed him before he could do anything. Drycha and the Dryads killed 4 out of 6 of my gruntas, which wasnt so bad since they were able to charge the Revenants in the next turn, killing the whole unit. After that I moved the megaboss to kill the Branchwych and give a good prune to the Kurnoth. The buggers were able to survive and teleport to other forest. By this point I was far ahead in point, even though the brutes killed Drycha and the Dryads. The only thing that stayed in the field in the end of the 5th turn was the Hunter that kept teleporting when I got close.
Major Victory - It was such a fun game! Lots of Mitghy Destroyers, lots of 1´s on D3 dmgs, lost of failed charges and the Warchanter alone killed a Kurnoth, just priceless!

treelord.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived