Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Amradiel

Help with with competitive all Skaven chaos army

Recommended Posts

Greetings. I would like some help with an competitive all Skaven chaos army. Modelwise I really like everything except for the Plague monks. Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven´t tried this exact lists yet, but something very similiar.

2 WLC 360

40 Clanrats 240

10 Clanrats 60

10 Clanrats 60

Verminlord Deceiver 320

6 Stormfiends 600

Packmaster 60

Verminlord warpseer 260

 

Maybe 15 skryre acolytes instead of a WLC

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2017 at 9:15 AM, Diemer84 said:

Haven´t tried this exact lists yet, but something very similiar.

2 WLC 360

40 Clanrats 240

10 Clanrats 60

10 Clanrats 60

Verminlord Deceiver 320

6 Stormfiends 600

Packmaster 60

Verminlord warpseer 260

 

Maybe 15 skryre acolytes instead of a WLC

im close to test a very similar one, my version is 

Verminlord Deceiver (320)
- General
- Command Trait : Spiteful Destroyer
- Artefact : Chaos Runeblade
Skaven Assassin (100)
- Weeping Blades
Skaven Assassin (100)
- Weeping Blades
Arch Warlock (140)
UNITS
6 x Stormfiends (600)
- Ratling Cannons
40 x Clanrats (240)
- Rusty Spear
- Battleline
10 x Clanrats (60)
- Rusty Blade
- Battleline
10 x Clanrats (60)
- Rusty Blade
- Battleline
WAR MACHINES
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)
WOUNDS: 136 TOTAL POINTS: 1980 / 2000

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like these lists! When playing in tournaments/competitively, I normally splash in Sayl. If i don't I can see the Deceiver being a good stand in. I also base all my lists on the Verminus Clawpack because it's so good and it gets me an extra crown of command.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dez said:

I like these lists! When playing in tournaments/competitively, I normally splash in Sayl. If i don't I can see the Deceiver being a good stand in. I also base all my lists on the Verminus Clawpack because it's so good and it gets me an extra crown of command.

actually the list is pure skaven beacuse im testing it in a non ultra competitive scenario, im using it in a narrative campain with my friends, reconfigure it for a pure tournaments/competitively playing will drive me to use Sayl for sure, what you think, it can be enough or it will need more fixes? my idea is to hide the two assassins inside the deceiver in order to have a more incisive skitterleap

Edited by il_direttore_sgravato_skiz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah I see where you are coming from and it definitely can. I love Clan Eshin, so it's got really good theme and can compete in every scenario for sure. It's super close to the list I use in tournaments. 

The only thing (and this is straight competetive) is I'd take all Warpfire Throwers on the fiends...maybe one with Grinderfists to deploy them where you need them. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very interesting list and idea with the two assassins. Unfortunately, the The Deceiver does not have the SKAVEN keyword and therefore cannot be used to hide assassins. 

I would love to see your competitive VERMINUS lists, I struggle to make it work myself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there:)

please forgive me if this is not the best place to ask my question, but I hope you find it related. What would you say about using units with suboptimal wargear in competitive lists? I still have stormvermin from original WFB, and all of them are without shields. In AoS, shields come at no additional cost nor drawback. Do you think that I should remodel them somehow? Thank you for your opinions!:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Rev!

You could just paint the shields and attach them to their backs. That's what I did :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10.02.2017 at 1:07 AM, Dez said:

Hi Rev!

You could just paint the shields and attach them to their backs. That's what I did :)

Hi Dez;) After some consideration, I think that is exactly what I'll do;) will paint them and attach them by pinning sligtly both parts with tiniest rod available. Thank you!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Rev said:

Hi Dez;) After some consideration, I think that is exactly what I'll do;) will paint them and attach them by pinning sligtly both parts with tiniest rod available. Thank you!

The plastic clanshields are so light they don't need a rod. Just a bit of glue. :)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...