The future of Warhammer.org.uk / TGA

3 hours ago, Veterannoob said:

I checked TWF again today for AoS section and no new posts. Maybe during or after Warhammer Fest, or Friday's WD GW blog post? Moving the AoS discussion here has been easier than I anticipated.

I stopped visiting there when this started. Glad I'm not missing anything :P

I'm glad I found this place. I've been in this hobby for 25 years and I had been one of the biggest proponents for Age of Sigmar since it was still a rumor but after release I was swept away by the tidal wave of negativity and hadn't really done much with it. It wasn't until just recently that I started getting back into it and searching for some place to talk about it without just being bombarded.

A few days ago I came to the conclusion that it must be that I just plain couldn't stand wargamers in general but then I stumbled on a link to this place and I saw that wasn't the case at all.

I just hate the subset that relentlessly antagonizes anyone that likes a thing they don't. I don't understand why someone would waste their time popping into forums and comment sections about something they're not interested in just to tell everyone how they aren't interested in it!

Really happy to find this place, it have been more difficult than expected to find an AoS dedicated place, non full of negativity and with a lot of friendly people and polite discussions.

Keep the good work guys!

Yeah, I've even left the large Facebook group, because I was tired of people posting the same thing over and over and having to follow several different posts, because people are posting interesting things in each one.

Well I was braving warseer, until I got a friendly tip from Deadly Sarcasm to check out this site.

Dakka Dakka seems alright most of the time but its so much stuff in one place. :)

But it seems I found a good place to enjoy the hobby now. ;)

On 06/05/2016 at 6:43 PM, Sith'ari said:

After hanging about on Bolter & Chainsword for many years and being spoilt by the excellent community over there, I can tell you it was a massive culture shock when I went searching for a forum to share my love for AoS!

Praise Nagash (or that soul-thief Sigmar!:P) then for TGA! :D

I'm exactly the same, the B&C is so good and so well populated that trying to find somewhere equivalent for other armies and systems is... disheartening! Very encouraged by what I've seen so far here though!

Archived