This Community Rocks!

MacDuff

I just wanted to give everybody on this site a big pat on the back for outstanding behavior in the face of typical Internet cynicism. I spend a lot of time on BOLS, whose comments typically degenerate into unthinking parrot babble ("GW is lazy, greedy, out of touch, disrespectful of old timers, etc.", you name it), where the same hardcore, bitter, anti-social folks turn every thread into the same old rants. Natfka is a little better, but it has its own group of negative nannies. I've followed TGA since it started, and it's always a breath of fresh air. Here, people are helpful, encouraging, supportive of newcomers, truly enjoying the hobby, sharing incredible creativity in terms of point systems, scenarios, modules, modeling tips, army construction advice, rules help, great rumors that excite, tremendous painting photos, and an amazing diversity of topics so that every visit is new and exciting for me. I salute Ben for creating this great hobby resource, and want to hug everybody here for proving that social media can be helpful and inspiring. Well done, all.

Thanks for the kind works.  I really wanted to create a place online where Age of Sigmar fans could have a place to really enjoy the game.  

Over the last year I think I have been fairly successful in steering this community to a place where every has a similar attitude on this site and most of the things you see on other parts of the internet is well policed here without it being to restrictive.  

• 1 month later...

If it's appropriate to do so I'd like to say I agree entirely with the OP.

In the past I've found a few gems of polite and reasonable discussions on warhammer but they tended to be for specific factions and slightly parochial.

I don't think I've ever belonged to a community focussed on GW products that was so diverse, welcoming, and enthusiastic. It really has cemented my desire to get back into the hobby.

I don't know how you've done it but well done. 

1 hour ago, ZealousJ said:

I don't know how you've done it but well done. 

I think a big part of it has been laying out at the start my intentions for this community and trying hard for the last year to stick to them and ask other to do so too. 

Archived