Nurgle Demon Playstyle

Aaron Schmidt

Hi all, I am curious what you think about how the Nurgle Demons play. Most of their units seem pretty slow, 4-5". Does this make them a problematic army to play? I've heard people make this comment about the Orruks before. Are they simply tough enough to weather the shooting? Are games long enough so they can make it into combat?

I've got a Start Collecting box for the Nurgle Daemons and have found them to be a bit boring.  The slowness is definitely a hurdle since they are pretty strictly melee.  That said, they are pretty tough.  The "Disgustingly Resilient" 5+ save is quite nice.  I think that to make good use of Nurgle Daemons, you would probably want to supplement them with something hard hitting.

Hi Aaron,  I have played a lot with Daemons of Nurgle. Whether it is narrative or matched play the best way to make your army mobile is by using a summoning pool.  Summoning allows you to place models 14" from the caster compared to your average Plaguebearer moving and running 7.5" in turn 1. 

I have found in my first Hero Phase that my offensive spells are not in range. Rather than cast mystic shield I keep a different unit in reserve per Wizard that I have. Then I summon them turn one, or turn two in the case of a failure. 

Other than that they are super resilient and can start putting out a lot of Damage with Epidemius. Look into using the Tallyband of Nurgle Warscroll Battalion.

Demons pair well with skaven clan pestilens. They add some long range shooting and some faster moving options that can either protect you from charges or soften the enemy up before your demons get there! Also the plague claw catapult will get epidemius's tally up very quickly. 

Archived