The colours of Archaon?

Chikout

So I am about to start work painting the big bad Archaon himself, but I struggling to choose a colour scheme. I want to do something different from the standard scheme that has been widely copied but I cannot decide what to do.  (Being colour blind does not help) I am considering painting him in red and blue. With either Dhorgar in red and Archaon in blue or vice versa. I have a couple of inspirational pictures to show what I am going for. (I  want to try for an internal glow effect on Dhorgar) obviously they are both way beyond my skill level but they illustrate the concept nicely. Any advice would be greatly apreciated. Thanks.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

I think that the colours of the Eldar Avatar would look incredible on Dhorgar, maybe red/yellows for the under belly and wing membrane and blues for the scales? Please post pictures when you start, love to see an alternative scheme for this!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the kind comments. I have been distracted by the silver tower, kids birthdays and the Witcher but I am looking forward to getting back to work on it. Genuinely looking for advice on the wings though. 

• 4 months later...

Back on this after a long break for the silver tower, weddings on the other side of the world and a Forza Horizon 3 addiction.

This is probably the most ramshackle project I have ever worked on. I usually work on one area to completion before moving on to the next, but in this case I keeping flitting from one area to the next, trying to get an idea of how the whole thing is going to come together.

The only part I consider finished is Archaon's cloak.DSC_0607.JPG

The rest is a mix of mostly done.DSC_0609.JPG

Partially done.DSC_0606.JPG

And barely startedDSC_0608.JPG

What I really want advice about is the wings. The lower section is the concept I am going for. what do you think?DSC_0605.JPG

Archived