First 2000 point tournament

punkisdead

So I'm getting ready to head to my first Sigmar tournament. Trying to figure out what to bring without having to spend too much money. Here's what I have in mind:

Leaders
Bloodstoker (80)
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Hackblade and Wrath Hammer
Bloodsecrator (120)
- General
- Trait: Great Destroyer
- Artefact: Favour of the Gods
Skarbrand (400)
- Artefact: Chaos Talisman

Battleline
20 x Bloodreavers (120)
- Reaver Blades
20 x Bloodreavers (120)
- Reaver Blades
20 x Bloodreavers (120)
- Reaver Blades
30 x Bloodletters (300)

Units
5 x Wrathmongers (180)
1 x Skull Cannons (180)
1 x Skull Cannons (180)

Battalions
Dark Feast (100)

Total: 2000/2000

Running this list would only require me to pick up another 10 bloodletters. I would love to bring more nurgle, but I feel like with the Bloodsecrator being added to help buff the Dark Feast, it's silly to not bring some Bloodletters along for the battle.

Yeah, proper movement is the key. Play tested it last night against a swarm of 120 plague monks who wrecked my reavers because I put them too close and got charged. It was fun, but that's a lot of models to be moving every phase. 

I'm thinking of changing my strategy a bit and going for less models, more mortal wounds. 

Leaders
Herald Of Nurgle (100)
The Glottkin (480)
Sayl The Faithless (160)

Battleline
10 x Plaguebearers Of Nurgle (100)
3 x Stormfiends (300)
- Warpfire Projectors
-  Skryre Battleline
3 x Stormfiends (300)
- Warpfire Projectors
-  Skryre Battleline

War Machines
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

Total: 2000/2000

The Glottkin makes the plague bearers awesome, adding one more attack and can make one unit have 2 wounds each with his spell. I've been contemplating removing the Stormfiends and putting in a couple of units of plague drones since the Glottkin would add 3 more attacks per model for them. 

If I take Khorne, I'm definitely going to reduce the Bloodreaver units to 10 man units to free up enough points for another Bloodsecrator, and I don't want to have to move 100 models on the board. ;)

Archived