New: Vanguard Chambers! (More Gryph-hounds, Aetherwings and Gryph-chargers sound very cool)

Blish

For the first time, we’ll also get specific abilities to represent the most famed Stormhosts like the Hammers of Sigmar and the Hallowed Knights (Only the Faithful!)

This is what interests me most as well as a Stormcast Battletome with specific allegiance abilities/artefacts.  Although it does mean I'll have to hold off on painting until I can see which Stormhost best suits my play-style, because I'm sure as hell not going to have the wrong colours/heraldry. 

10 minutes ago, SpiritofHokuto said:

This is what interests me most as well as a Stormcast Battletome with specific allegiance abilities/artefacts.  Although it does mean I'll have to hold off on painting until I can see which Stormhost best suits my play-style, because I'm sure as hell not going to have the wrong colours/heraldry. 

Urgh, you're right. I've already been painting mine as Anvils of the Heldenhammer and am unlikely to repaint them any time soon, hoping all the Stormhosts have good abilities. 

24 minutes ago, Marc Wilson said:

This is encouraging as it suggests funky deployment. If there's one thing SE lack it's the ability to dictate the movement phase..

.. oh, no wait a minute! ;)

It may do but speed is more valuable I think. SC can deploy in all sorts of shenanigans ways, but once they're down they're almost rooted. Slower than dwarves (taking most dwarf units musician-auto-4-run into account)

3 minutes ago, Turragor said:

It may do but speed is more valuable I think. SC can deploy in all sorts of shenanigans ways, but once they're down they're almost rooted. Slower than dwarves (taking most dwarf units musician-auto-4-run into account)

Very noticeable in 1000 point or less games, where you just have to hoof it and deal with the fact that you're super slow. 

I said in the Rumor thread, given that Lightning Strike is more or less a defining feature of Stormcast, I'm expecting new ways to get if, if it's not just our Allegiance Ability in the first place.

I'd really like it if lightning strike is deployment only (forget vanguard wing) as if (fluffy reason) its only from Sigmar's hand to start the campaign.

Then these are the crack troops who didn't hoof it back to reforge land during a big offensive. They survived and realise that for all their expert shieldwall, iron pumping, muscle-shirt training in Azyrheim, they forgot cardio and are slow as get out.

So they put on some animal cloaks and get fast.

6 minutes ago, Drizzle4shizzle said:

Hoping they are battleline so I can get rid of my libs.

"The sleeker armour of these hunters allows for more dynamic miniatures compared to the heavy-hitters found in many Stormcast Eternal battlelines" 

Let's hope that's not literal but I suspect it is. 

2 hours ago, Bjarni St. said:

What are those crossbow arms supposed to represent, or be doing there? They just look stupid to me. They're nice Stormcast, much improved over Liberators and Judicators, but the Bolt Pistols are sticking in my Craw Wurm a little bit.

Mini versions of the stormbolt crossbow things

I really don't understand the Bolt Pistol/Bolt Gun arguments people just keep throwing...

They are Crossbows and the new Stormcasts wield Hand-Crossbows.

I mean hasn't anyone seen before in a fantasy setting Crossbows or Hand-Crossbows??

And I bet if there was elves wielding them no one would break a sweat...

19 minutes ago, Siegfried VII said:

I really don't understand the Bolt Pistol/Bolt Gun arguments people just keep throwing...

They are Crossbows and the new Stormcasts wield Hand-Crossbows.

I mean hasn't anyone seen before in a fantasy setting Crossbows or Hand-Crossbows??

And I bet if there was elves wielding them no one would break a sweat...

I think there was a comment saying 'they couldn't be stringed and work in that configuration' but imo we're talking about ultra high fantasy and strings are in no way necessary for any bow or crossbow to work.

Actually, I'm no crossbow engineer but it looks to me like some locking cogs on the inside of the two bows. Like you pull them back and that locks it for trigger release. The 'string' (whatever generates the energy for throwing a projectile - if it isn't just lightning from y'know MAGIC) could then be within the housing. 

I want to see if people have ideas about the one dude holding an ORB.

A kind of weapon? A magical sensor?

Depending what it is, it reveals a bit about the function of the unit.

I'd perhaps think 'scout' and maybe a unit of these vanguard with that item nullify cover saves for enemy units within 9 inches.

Or maybe it's like the Azyros 'bonus to hit for ranged'?

Also, the unit leader is holding something in his hand. A bottle opener maybe...

I was originally planning to start Sylvaneth this year, but if this ends up as a sub faction complete with fast moving troops and an array of griffon themed beasties I might be tempted!

Im hoping that the Gryph Chargers are a bit more interesting than stormcast riding demigryphs (bit too similar to Dracoths?), so Demigryph Knights will still have a place. Maybe flying beasts?

Archived