Hello AoSers

Praecautus

Hi all

Just wanting to say hi. I am a returning warhammer player. I started way back in rogue trader days and wfrp. 

I used to play orks and the chaos renegade rule set in the first slaves to darkness book. Now Playing khorne bloodbound and love the models.

Just back into wargaming with my son (seraphon) and his friends (stormcast and death). We are all having a blast with aos. I am teaching them to paint play and write scenarios and campaigns which is great bonding time. I have the great advantage that all our armies don't need to be competitive but we can build lists purely on rule of cool, which is so nice. We are Finding aos to be a great into and very refreshing!

looking forward to joining the chat. We may share a few pics - although I  nowhere near as good a painter as a lot of people on here :)

apologies forgrammer i wrote this on my phone

Thanks, first it was Risk, the Catan and now AoS. Found this forum by chance and like how helpful it seems

my son and I have a carnosaur to show off ad soon as I can upload pics. I am loving the detail on new models vs what I remember from my first time around. Rule of cool is the way to build an army!

Plus I am hoping to post a few reports from our narrative campaign.

Welcome to TGA - ah, I have fond memories of the Rogue Trader years and playing the old rpg (loved the career system). I'm slowly getting my daughter interested in AoS so pls share pics or experiences getting the next generation hooked on plastic crack [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, MasterM said:

Welcome to TGA - ah, I have fond memories of the Rogue Trader years and playing the old rpg (loved the career system). I'm slowly getting my daughter interested in AoS so pls share pics or experiences getting the next generation hooked on plastic crack emoji6.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank again

I recommend checking out the Geekdad website and his experiences getting his kids in Warhammer.

From my experience, get some easy to paint models eg liberators are very easy for the new painter, for kids and their friends to practice on together :) I had 3 or 4 around the table painting liberators in a simple scheme - gold armour, blue highlights, nightshade wash, agrellan earth on the base and done. My daughter went a little crazier and now has a multi-coloured liberator guarding her Ikea kitchen :) I got cheap brushes for them to start with - Smiths (a newsagent chain in the UK) sell acrylic paintbrushes cheap - the 12 for £5 has been a good start set - and let them be creative (try not to think about the price/ebay) and then use those models in a simple battle. We have a 'friends' unit of interestingly painted liberators

For games, we started with the simple battles with an easy 'hook', one of our favourites was how many liberators and skinks does it take to kill Daddie's slaughterpriest - it is surprisingly quite a lot! To the point my slaughterpriest is now a marked man in every game. We are progressing to more complex battles and adding rules a bit at a time, I find I tend to have to keep track of everything, so it helps me if nothing else.

Our local GW has been amazing with the group starting, Sundays has been a beginners day with paint and game lessons plus general chat.

Pics of our attempts to follow in the gallery section later - here is an image of the Seraphon army taking on the Bloodbound on a Playmobil-themed, kitchen table-of-doom scenario :) Items are still being painted, but some like the carnosaur are pretty much done. Those pesky skinks won again...

game.JPG

Archived