Sylvaneth 2000 pts Tournament list

DantePQ

Hi, 

So I am playing with this Sylvaneth Matched Play but how it really fares against other popular tournamet list what should or could I change ? 

Household Battalion

Gnarlott Wargrove 

Leaders

Alarielle The Everqueen 

Deepwood Spell Lore : Throne of Vines 

Treeman Ancient - General

Deepwood Spell Lore : Regrowth

Magical Atrefact : Briarsheath 

Command Trait : Gift of Ghyran

Branchwych

Deepwood Spell Lore : The Reaping

Magical Artefact : The Silverwood Circlet

Mistweaver Saih - Order Wizard

Battleline

20 Dryads 

5 Tree Revenants(Scion, Banner,Waypipes)

5 Tree Revenants (Scion, Banner, Waypipes) 

Units 

3 Kurnoth Hunters - Greatbows

3 Kurnoths Hunters - Greatbows

Sylvaneth Wyldwood 

Any suggestions ? 

Im not an expert, im just about to start my own wargrove, but imho ill use Loremaster instead of the Mistweaver, for the branchwych i think its better acorn of the ages than sylverwood circlet, or if youll use the circlet use verdant blesskng instead of the reaping, or ill use verdant AND acorn of the ages lol, with the treelord i think that gnarled warrior its a better command trait imho, and why only 1 sylvaneth wyldwood? Or its plural?

Mistweaver is clearly points choice as she costs 80 pts and I had 1920 without her. I guess maybe I will cut dryads to 10 and then will have points for Loremaster or even Teclis or another Kurnoth Hunters. 

Sylvaneth Wyldwood is in fact 3 citadel woods so it's all good. 

My main issue is Everqueen is she a valid choice in tournament 2000 pts list ? 

Look through thread, or do a search with the search tool in this forum for "Alarielle".

In short - she is good in some lists - but you do need the big SoD to pair with her (or) you can use her with Dreadwood Wargrove (something I came up with a while back) to great effect.

It does seem that her Soul Amphorae work in the hero phase, (i.e. both yours and theirs) - i.e. not a typo, which makes Alarielle fairly pointed.

The basic issue is to avoid her getting one-shotted, which is easier to do than you might think.

It does seem that her Soul Amphorae work in the hero phase, (i.e. both yours and theirs) - i.e. not a typo, which makes Alarielle fairly pointed.

Has it been specifically stated somewhere by someone with authority that this is not a typo. (I mean the whole context.. alarielle can do this in the hero phase ... USUALLY hero's act in their own hero pahse) I know that RAW you are correct.. but I doubt it is as intended. (And I'm sure my opponents would frown to say the least when I do this).

Anyway back to the OP: lore master (and 5 more revenants) with Alarielle will make for a hell of a lot of damage BUT 20 dryads are also a lot better than 10 dryads. You can also delete both and get more Hunters.

Personally I think EVERY treelord should have a Oaken armor.

Has it been specifically stated somewhere by someone with authority that this is not a typo. (I mean the whole context.. alarielle can do this in the hero phase ... USUALLY hero's act in their own hero pahse) I know that RAW you are correct.. but I doubt it is as intended. (And I'm sure my opponents would frown to say the least when I do this).

I originally looked at this and came to the same conclusion, but then apparently it was ruled the literal way in Heat One! Others apparently played it this way all along.

There are actually a few other examples of such abilities, Tretch's definitely works in the enemy charge phase (not a shadow of a doubt); and it wouldn't be out of character for Kemmler to teleport 2 D6 in the enemy hero phase (Cloak of Mists and Shadows). The literal wording and purposive wording both line up, the only way out is a typo.

The deeper reason that occurred to me after the ruling is that it actually makes the summoning options viable. This is because while dropping 2D6 Dryads next to Alarielle before you move is a pointless gamble, dropping 2 D6 Dryads after you've moved, charged and attacked in your turn in the enemy's subsequent hero phase makes a lot of sense both fluff wise and combat/balance wise - she is generating extra Dryads as she goes (filling up the crater that her antlers and impact hits leave. These Dryads can (sensibly) defend their queen by forming a wall against the ongoing attackers to slow them down.

Balance wise it's a gamble (i.e. risk reward and trade offs, i.e. good) as you can either go for the safe option of the heal, but instead on a 4+ you can pop out a handful of Dryads (or 10 of them) using 120 reinforcement points to intercept an enemy charge. This extra option by itself gives Sylvaneth another dimension and justifies her points costs. In contrast to Gordrakk/Cabbage, who is simply overcosted at the moment.  This extra dimension by itself means that I'm buying the model.

Archived