Ideas for Weirdnob Conversion

Hello all.  I really like the look of the weirdnob shaman and I've been running him in my lists for some time now.  However, I got a second model for Christmas out of the Ironjawz battleforce box.  I'd really like to include a second Shaman in my list but I'd like him to be unique and stand apart from my first model.

Problem is, I've poked about on the internet and I can't seem to find any inspiration for such an endeavor.  So far, all I've come up with is a head swap with maybe a Wurrgog prophet or one of the gnarlier Brute faces I have left over.

If anyone has attempted this or has any ideas, I'd greatly appreciate your thoughts.  Thanks!

Great, now I'm going to have that song stuck in my head all day stupid 80's :)

I've got 2 of them myself, and they are really nice models. My thought is perhaps saving it for now, and waiting to see if the Ironjawz get a standard bearer in the near future as that may be an easier conversion.

That's interesting.  Off the top of my head, I can't think of any models that have been released by GW since the End Times that I would classify as a chariot.  

If something like that were released, it would be very unique amongst AoS armies and obviously awesome for Ironjawz players.  Im guessing in your mind's eye this contraption is conveyed by a team of Gruntas?

1 hour ago, Double Misfire said:

My HWGBFFL (hetro wargaming best friend for life) recently knocked together this gnarly old guy shaking his fist at the sky if he gives you any inspiration:

hgF0ydt.jpg

0Yie62q.jpg

Thanks a lot!  

That does get the juices flowing a bit.  

Did he just green stuff the back of the hood after he pared it away?

I've seen one of the players at the local store use birds, and parts of the brutes (masks, shoulder skulls). I suppose you could try to make a mask with one of the shoulder skulls, or could even pull some parts from the ardboyz kit.

2 hours ago, Kaptan said:

I've seen one of the players at the local store use birds, and parts of the brutes (masks, shoulder skulls). I suppose you could try to make a mask with one of the shoulder skulls, or could even pull some parts from the ardboyz kit.

Yeah, I'm definitely going to use some of my left over Brute bits in this.  I hadn't thought about using one of the skull trophies as a mask, but that's certainly something I'll chew on.  Could be really cool if  able to pull it off, unfortunately I'm a bit of a novice where converting is concerned.

I think I'll have something at least started by this weekend so I'll put up some WIP pics soon.  Thanks everyone for all of the awesome suggestions.  

Keep them coming!

Archived