Events UK: BLACKOUT - 02-03/09/17 - Firestorm Games - PDF pack

Chris Tomlin

4 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Regarding compendium, unfortunately only units with Matched Play Profiles in the General's Handbook 2017 will be allowed (as well as Forgeworld*). Going forward it looks like GW will address compendium, but for now it's just a bit too messy to reference both handbooks so yeh, they're out for now. Fingers crossed this doesn't impact anyone. Get in touch if so and we'll sort something.

GW have just said on Twitch that they're releasing the Compedium points PDF on Saturday along with the Generals Handbook 2017.  Not sure if this changes your decision or not (doesn't make any odds to me :D)

• Like 1

Just now, RuneBrush said:

GW have just said on Twitch that they're releasing the Compedium points PDF on Saturday along with the Generals Handbook 2017.  Not sure if this changes your decision or not (doesn't make any odds to me :D)

Oooh, thanks for the info. In that case, Compendium will be allowed at BLACKOUT (Using the revised points from this weekend).

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Nico said:

Good stuff! Hoping to see some Rogue Idol goodness on the table.

You and me both!!

3 hours ago, Dan.Ford said:

Hi Chris,

Are you doing any House rules at present?

Hi Dan,

The obvious ones of enforcing round/oval bases and measuring to said bases will be in there. Can't think of anything else I particularly want to address though. Manipulating the turn roll is out, I guess stacking buffs is the only other popular one out there. Would rather play that out the book for now though, see how it shakes out with the new changes.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Yeh go on then James, grab it today if you can please mate. :) 

If any one has any grudges not on the list, please get them in. Also still looking for a spare player.

Will PDFify (definitely a word) all the bits in here that essentially make up the "pack", suffice to say though I think everyone seems to know what's required now. Also; who reads a pack? ;) 

Units with Matched Play Profiles in the General's Handbook 2017 will be allowed (as well as Forgeworld*).

A couple of people have ask regarding Command Traits and Artefacts. These must be listed on a physical copy of your army list that you will submit on the Saturday morning and will be fixed for the weekend.

Keep the questions coming. Will update entrants later.

Chris

*Regarding Forgeworld, Saturday 26th is the cut off for any changes. I am not privy to further changes being made by them, but if they do make more (note the new Rogue Idol scroll) by this Saturday then those will be in play. Anything released after that time will be too close to the event so you'll have to use the older scroll. 

Hi Chris, I'm getting paid tomorrow mind if I get it first thing in the morning?

Thanks, really looking forward to this now!!

25 minutes ago, Dan.Ford said:

Thanks for the reply Chris , it was mainly about the Aether- Khemist stacking abilities and the bloodsecrator etc

Let's play it as written for this one! Don't forget the sheer power of Warchanters stacking their Frenzy of Violence buff....everyone seems to forget that one! ;) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

That's fine mate.

Money should be over with you very soon, my paypal has been acting up so a friend is sending it to you.

Just a quick question regarding the cauldron of blood and stacking - are you letting the bloodshield effect stack multiple times? Tempted to bring out the witch elves but not sure how many cauldrons to bring!

17 hours ago, James Ramsay said:

Just a quick question regarding the cauldron of blood and stacking - are you letting the bloodshield effect stack multiple times? Tempted to bring out the witch elves but not sure how many cauldrons to bring!

Received mate, thanks. 

I've been looking into the Bloodshield this morning and would concur this can stack as it says the Bloodshield and not a Bloodshield. However please note that this rule only relates to models within range and not full units, so be careful with this in game.

Not looking for a protracted debate on this before anyone disagrees with the ruling!

I have updated the entrants and grudge list. If I have any grudges missing please let me know ASAP as I will be doing the draw on Saturday. @Liam Cook you have lost yours as @Andy Talbot has recently moved house and has unfortunately had to drop out.

Once again I apologies for the lack of a "pack". I am about two days behind on everything at the moment (Podcast etc). As I say, all the info is in this thread and I am going to collate all the relevant information in the first post now so that it is in one place and will PDF it when I get a moment this week.

Don't forget to sign up for the Skirmish event on the Friday, it has it's own thread in this forum.

Cheers guys,
Chris x

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

I have updated the entrants and grudge list. If I have any grudges missing please let me know ASAP as I will be doing the draw on Saturday. @Liam Cook you have lost yours as @Andy Talbot has recently moved house and has unfortunately had to drop out.

I have never been so gutted on a Wednesday morning...

can I borrow his seraphon though? ?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Petloski said:

Just a thought, this is my first AoS tournament, and wondered if I needed to bring objective markers? Asking now, as it's something that I'll end up making if I need them.

I'll have generic spares if you do end up needing them!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Petloski said:

Very kind, thanks!
Is there a "standard size" for them in these kinds of events though?

I don't think so - people tend to use 25/32mm bases in my experience. I have some custom ones for my army, but I'm also getting the special edition of the GHB 2017 that comes with cardboard tokens including objective markers. You'd be welcome to borrow those, and they're official.

• Like 2

Just now, CJPT said:

I don't think so - people tend to use 25/32mm bases in my experience. I have some custom ones for my army, but I'm also getting the special edition of the GHB 2017 that comes with cardboard tokens including objective markers. You'd be welcome to borrow those, and they're official.

Thanks, I'll let you know :)
Timing permitting, I'll make some custom ones on 32mm bases, but if I run out of time, I'll take you up on your kind offer!

• Like 1

On 8/23/2017 at 10:46 AM, Chris Tomlin said:

Received mate, thanks. 

I've been looking into the Bloodshield this morning and would concur this can stack as it says the Bloodshield and not a Bloodshield. However please note that this rule only relates to models within range and not full units, so be careful with this in game.

Not looking for a protracted debate on this before anyone disagrees with the ruling!

Once again I apologies for the lack of a "pack". I am about two days behind on everything at the moment (Podcast etc). As I say, all the info is in this thread and I am going to collate all the relevant information in the first post now so that it is in one place and will PDF it when I get a moment this week.

Don't forget to sign up for the Skirmish event on the Friday, it has it's own thread in this forum.

Cheers guys,
Chris x

Thanks Chris for the prompt answer!

Final one from me, assuming gw updates compedenium and maybe even some of the old batallions with points (yeah right!!) will you be allowing or banning the batallions with wrong names?

eg my favourite is the old witch cult one which asks for witch elves and not witch aelves.

Thanks!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Petloski said:

Thanks, I'll let you know :)
Timing permitting, I'll make some custom ones on 32mm bases, but if I run out of time, I'll take you up on your kind offer!

Also worth discussing with your opponent on whether to use the whole objective marker or the centre. I generally prefer the whole marker (provided all of them are the same size), but I know that some people prefer centre.

Had never actually considered it a thing until TBS The Champ Episode with @TDK

• Like 2

Hey,

Wow...this time next week I'll be getting ready to board a train bound for Cardiff...exciting!!!!

@Petloski - Objective markers are useful yes. There is no fixed size, but as long as all the markers on the table are the same size and you agree beforehand whether you are measuring to the marker or the centre point (I advise the marker itself for simplicity - hence why same size is important) there will be no issue.

@James Ramsay - We'll wait until tomorrow before seeing if we need to worry about that mate ;) 

I will be doing the draw on Twitter tomorrow (might Periscope it actually!), so still a bit of time to get a grudge in.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, James Ramsay said:

Thanks Chris for the prompt answer!

Final one from me, assuming gw updates compedenium and maybe even some of the old batallions with points (yeah right!!) will you be allowing or banning the batallions with wrong names?

eg my favourite is the old witch cult one which asks for witch elves and not witch aelves.

Thanks!

Yeah loved that formation used it a lot last year.  Weirdly the Elf-Aelf is covered in an FAQ so is fine.  The problem with it is the Har Geth Executioners which no longer exist.  Another part of the FAQ specifically disallows formations with that issue :(  Hopefully Saturday they might update and fix that one