Events UK: BLACKOUT - 02-03/09/17 - Firestorm Games - PDF pack

Chris Tomlin

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Kaseliegth said:

Ill drag a few more gents from Bristol to this as well.

Can I bring my personnel tape measure its only 9 inches.

Awesome cheers mate, be good to have you and your lot down for it!

I might have to run your "tape measure" past Firestorm for approval haha ;) 

I'll update the entrants list after the weekend.

Morning guys,

I'll get the list updated this week for sure as there have been a few more payments come through. Don't panic if you've paid and are not on the list yet though, I'm just doing it periodically is all :) 

@Kaseliegth - Mark, just to confirm that the entrants list is a paid list only. Still plenty of space left, but get your payment over to avoid disappointment. Would be great to have you there.

Hey Chris, thanks for setting this up. Gonna be my first tournament so I'm super excited!

Can we just confirm that this is going to be a 2,000 point tournament? I'm building and painting like crazy to meet the deadline but I want to make sure I'm working on the right units. Thanks!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Siorra said:

Hey Chris, thanks for setting this up. Gonna be my first tournament so I'm super excited!

Can we just confirm that this is going to be a 2,000 point tournament? I'm building and painting like crazy to meet the deadline but I want to make sure I'm working on the right units. Thanks!

Hey @Siorra,

That's so awesome it's going to be your first tournament, super exciting! You'll have a blast I'm sure. Are you travelling down with a group or flying solo? Let me know if it's the latter and we'll sort you out with some introductions etc :) 

The Tournament will be 2,000 points for sure. However the General's Handbook 2 is widely rumoured to drop this summer, so we'd be using the points costs listed in there (which could vary slightly from what we have now). But yeh, I suspect you can't go far wrong working on a current 2,000 point list, that's definitely what I'd be doing (and indeed am for some other events this summer).

Afternoon all,

Entrants updated. Currently up to a whopping 76 players! Keep your payments coming.

To confirm there will be no specific day time activities (although of course Firestorm Games will be open if you want to play etc), however in the late afternoon / evening there will be a matched play Skirmish tournament taking place. I will be coordinating on this with @bottle and details will follow.

Cheers,
Chris

On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 4:44 PM, tomspurs said:

just signed up and looking forward to it. Loved my experience at firestorm fours in feb so this will be ace too no doubt!

No doubt indeed! :) 

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 5:37 PM, Liam Cook said:

Hi Chris,

could you be a dear and put me vs Andy down at the opening brawl please?

thanks fella!

Nice! That's a cool match-up! @Andy Talbot

On ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 2:19 PM, Leonardas said:

Hi Chris
Just bought my ticket for Blackout
Rob Bradley
South London Legion
Now a growing number of us travelling to this
Super hyped!
Rob.

Good work Rob. Always like to see clubs out in force, representing their colours.

12 hours ago, Ian R said:

Hi Chris, money sent for Ian Ralph and Adrian Downey, team Threeman Ancients, the oldest rockin' wargamers!

Ian

Money received. I will update the entrants & grudge list now. A pleasure to have you at another of my events Ian, keep on rockin'!

Over 80 players now :D 

Edited by Chris Tomlin
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey Chris,

Ticket bought, just need to learn how to play AoS now!

Might have missed it but do you have a timetable for the weekend? Just looking at what the start time on the Saturday is likely to be?

Edd H

• Like 1

12 hours ago, edd-h said:

Hey Chris,

Ticket bought, just need to learn how to play AoS now!

Might have missed it but do you have a timetable for the weekend? Just looking at what the start time on the Saturday is likely to be?

Edd H

Great news @edd-h, be cool to have you along. Seems like forever!!

No timetable as of yet I'm afraid. I suspect you'll need to be there for around 9 at the latest?

Will starting tightening up all the info in the coming weeks. Could really do with that GH2017 dropping sooner rather than later!!

Morning,

I'm aware that I am overdue updating the entrants list so will get this done when I can. If you've sent payment though you don't need to worry.

On ‎08‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 2:38 PM, robertxtrem said:

Hey Chris, cheers for sorting this out. What are the rules on painting of the army?

Hi @robertxtrem - All models need to be fully painted and based. That is, every part of the model appropriately painted (I am loathe to use the frankly antiquated and open to abuse "3 colours" term!!). There will be full details on paint scoring in the pack which I will release at the end of the month. Hanging on as long as possible for GH2017 at present!!

If you have any queries or concerns before then, please feel free to DM me with photos etc.

15 hours ago, Soup Dragon said:

Hi Chris, just sent money for 2 tickets for Blackout. Me and 'The Boy' will be making up the Leeds contingent.

Yes! Good news Paul. I look forward to having you both along.

Chris

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Now that ghb2 has been announced for August, will this event still be using it regardless of how close the release is to the event? 

I'm just thinking that if the changes mean lists are illegal /don't work then 2 or 3 weeks isn't a long time to sort it out. 

People could convert their Skyfires' bows into tiny violins.

It would be a shame if the points came out and then something which is grossly undercosted in old points romps to victory anyway.

Edited by Nico
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nico said:

People could convert their Skyfires' bows into tiny violins.

It would be a shame if the points came out and then something which is grossly undercosted in old points romps to victory anyway.

Thanks, and I appreciate your point but it would also be a shame if people who have spent months preparing an army for a tournament suddenly find it is unusable or hugely uncompetitive 2 or 3 weeks before the event. 

So either way round I don't think it's an unreasonable question.