Interactive FAQs

daedalus81

If you watch the stream from yesterday at 2 hours and 1 minute Andy from the community team is on.  He talks about having interactive FAQs where users can vote on topics and answers as well as commenting on articles and more.

It's also good for hilarious comments like 'as Games Workshop we've only just discovered the internet' if you start it around 1h 57 mark.

Not sure how much I like the community voting on a answer to a faq. In the case of the sylvaneth Wyldwood, the answer felt obviously what they faq'd it to, to a few, but to a vocal number of people they claimed op and broken strong when it is not so.

So a army could be ruined or largely nerfed simply by a majority of (for lack of better term ) uneducated players who have seen/read something and theorised that it is broken, without properly playing against it and seeing it in practice.

Furthermore,  I will probably take some slack for saying  this, but one persons vote isn't worth as much as another's. 

For instance you could have someone who has never played the army in question,  against the army in question or very many games at all.

Or someone who has never played a game

having a vote against someone who has been playing for years,  against people at various levels from beginner to tournament master, who has a much greater understanding or the rules and balance.

Those votes on a subject hold massively different levels of weight. 

Not sure how much I like the community voting on a answer to a faq. In the case of the sylvaneth Wyldwood, the answer felt obviously what they faq'd it to, to a few, but to a vocal number of people they claimed op and broken strong when it is not so.

Death would be lucky to survive such an FAQ still being able to cast spells 

Archived