Starting 'older' armies - worth it?

Immersturm

I'm holding off on anything that hasn't been reboxed.  First, I prefer rounds and find it annoyingly expensive to buy rounds because GW hasn't reboxed a couple years into AOS.  Second, the fact that models haven't been reboxed undermines my confidence that the model and aesthetic are going to be around for a while.

I've started a Duardin Dispossessed army. Chatting with the guys in my local Games Workshop they told me that the remaining models are being discontinued but shared their suspicion that they'll be focusing more on close combat units than artillery. I'm still going to get an Organ Gun but it'll be interested how the Steamhead Duardin turn out. 

• 1 month later...
On 15/01/2017 at 8:36 PM, Russellbogentoff said:

What remaining models did they mean? The entire dispossessed faction?

Apologies that was a typo. I meant to say 'aren't' being discontinued.

I'm hoping the new stuff has the dispossessed keyword otherwise the synergy is going to be awful.

I say go for it

My death army is mainly a large bunch of tomb kings stuff I was given with a start collection skeleton horde box a box of black knights a necromancer a converted vampires and a converted wright king added to it. Its actually quite a fun army. My Dark Elves are my only other old world army they are great fun too.

Archived