Finished most of the modelling so far, I just have Malus Darkblade left to make. Here are a couple of photos of some character models I'm finishing working on. Mainly a conversion for both Morathi and one for Malekith.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Did you ever finish these? Curious to see the result

Hey man, had to take a big hobby break, finished the Malekith one, still not painted it though. Dropped the core infantry unit in favour of a cav army (which i wanted to do with DE in 8th) 

On 12/3/2016 at 0:30 AM, Old Woden said:

Hey man, had to take a big hobby break, finished the Malekith one, still not painted it though. Dropped the core infantry unit in favour of a cav army (which i wanted to do with DE in 8th) 

ah that's a shame. The conversion is amazing. If it ever get's painted let us know. 

• 1 month later...

The dark riders look awesome, allthough the picture is a bit small. The blueish black contrasts nicely with the gold. 

Malus looks great too, love the cape. Not entirely sure about the hood though. It looks cool, but I don't think there is any art depotconstructie Malus with a hooded face. 

I used the dreadspear champion head for my malus conversion with added green stuff hair. 

2 hours ago, elfhead said:

The dark riders look awesome, allthough the picture is a bit small. The blueish black contrasts nicely with the gold. 

Malus looks great too, love the cape. Not entirely sure about the hood though. It looks cool, but I don't think there is any art depotconstructie Malus with a hooded face. 

I used the dreadspear champion head for my malus conversion with added green stuff hair. 

Yeah I was going roughly off a book cover, I did consider a un hooded head but the rest of the army is largely hooded or cowled and I wanted him to fit in so I could double him as a Dreadlord.

15 hours ago, Digdug said:

If you don't mind my asking, how are you achieving that blue cloth scheme?

Yeah course mate, the blue sections are basically black and sotek blue. I started with 1 in 10 sotek and black as a base then 1 in 1 sotek in black as a very thin glaze in multiple layers then sotek blue as a very thin glaze in multiple layers. The black as a thin glaze if I needed to make areas darker. Then a lot of edge highlights in sotek then a small amount of edge highlights of 1 in 1 sotek blue with, I think, temple guard blue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Kramer said:

Very cool! Can I ask what your base tone for the cold ones is? Mine ended up being very bright green. 

The first coat of pretty much all of the blacks in this army was a very very small amount of Sotek into black, just enough to be noticible

• 1 month later...

Archived