How Quickly Can I Paint an Army?

Liam

So, decided to start a thread more as a self motivation than anything else.

I brought an army's worth of Fyreslayers on release and haven't touched them bar stripping the painted ones since. Decided it was time to paint them with Tournaments coming up over the next year. So, aim of this is to document me trying to get the best army I can with A) The least effort and B) The least time spent.

Yesterday I sprayed (Flesh Tone) the vast majority of the army and covered the area's I'd missed in a fleshy tone. Pretty easy first night but it's a big step towards getting them moving quickly. Tonight I've spent around 90minutes painting orange hair and I've maybe got 3 Quaters of the way through them. Aim was going to be to flesh wash them before doing the orange but lack of enough wash to do the entire army in one go put that on the burner.

Tomorrow evening I'm out for a few hours so will only get an hour max in, going to try and use that to get the hair done in these remaining models bfore washing the flesh or starting on the Gold/Silver/Black/Blue which will make up the rest of the army. Anyway, aims to update this at least every other day, lets hope it works as planned.

LIam

1 - Fyreslayers Base Coat 1.jpeg

2 - Orange 3Q Done.jpeg

A little done yesterday and more today. All the Hair's been washed down, given a quick drybrush to bring it back up and I've highlighed the hair on the 12 guys on the bottom right of the tray. Aim for tomorrow's hour or so is to get the highlighting down on the rest and maybe washed down again in the recess's to try and create quick easy darker area's vs the highlighed tips, we'll see how that goes tomorrow though.

4 - Fyreslayers Hair Working on.jpeg

Had another couple of hours this evening. Managed to get the hair fully highlighted on all the models and started on Gold. Forgot how much gold there actually was on these. Starting to regret batch painting, but still, they should get done quicker this way.

5 - Hair Done - Gold Started.jpeg

Archived