can i please have some feedback on my wanderers list?

Trav

Hi all, i absolutely love the kurnoth hunters and have been underwelmed by the big  unit of archers i have been using. The bodkins were great in one game but otherwise the archers have been wittled down to easily.

I am looking to replace them with kurnoth hunters with bows as they are cheaper and much more resilient - plus the 30" range is great. 

I am about to buy some hunters and would love some feedback or general thoughts on my list.

waywatcher (general)

noble prince

spellweaver

3 waywatchers

3 waywatchers

3 kurnoth hunters with bows

20 eternal guard

5 sisters of the thorn

any thoughts?

Another list idea i have is

waywatcher general

noble prince

20 gladeguard

20 gladeguard

20 eternal guard

3 kurnoth hunters with bows

place eternal guard and kurnoth hunters in front to form a solid wall. Hopefully leaves the gladeguard to shoot for a few turns at decent effect.

thoughts on either list?

Are the lists for matched play? If so, how many points? Which scenarios are you aiming for? All six, or just a selection? Personally, I thinks it's much cooler to go mono-wanderers, but the Kurnoth hunters seem to be a lot stronger choice. They are probably one of the most effective units in the game for what they cost. Both lists look themed and fun. The second list lacks a wizard, which could potentially hurt you. Unbinding spells and casting mystic shield can sometimes be very crucial.

2 hours ago, jobume said:

Are the lists for matched play? If so, how many points? Which scenarios are you aiming for? All six, or just a selection? Personally, I thinks it's much cooler to go mono-wanderers, but the Kurnoth hunters seem to be a lot stronger choice. They are probably one of the most effective units in the game for what they cost. Both lists look themed and fun. The second list lacks a wizard, which could potentially hurt you. Unbinding spells and casting mystic shield can sometimes be very crucial.

Thanks for the reply. List is 1000 points for matched play, no specific missions. 

Been resisting the urge to use non wanderer units but the hunters look so cool snd seem like a lot of fun to use. the second list seems like it would kill a lot more due to lots of shooting, but not looking forward to painting my 40 archers! The first list has more variety and more rounded though...

18 hours ago, jazzy128 said:

Can I ask about the 3 waywatchers? It says minimum 5 in the compendium but I've seen them listed as 3 other places.

i feel 3 for 80 points is very very little?

I believe generals handbook says three per unit. No you mention it it does seem like a lot....

Archived