Our prayers have fallen on deaf ears. His dark presence, once sensuous and all-encompassing, has stopped as suddenly as a cruel mistress withholding pleasure.

His handmaiden, the Alluress Lilith, favoured one (of many) of Slaanesh, has rallied us forth to seek him. She says his essence leaks throughout the River of Souls, and we must follow it, before it trickles away. We shall carve out a path of torture and excess, mayhaps this shall rouse the Dark Prince once more.

I can only hope, for my soul has been damned for all eternity and my body is but a hollow shell wracked with cravings only afforded by Slaanesh. To Slaanesh I continue to pray.

Hello and welcome to my painting blog, where I hope to treat you to images of sensory excess and also share some WIPs or mini-tutorials.
This army has been in the works for some time now, but progress has been slow due to real life (and procrastination). However, my resolution for 2017 is to host a plog which would hopefully lead to me completing a playable army for SCGT17.

So first up, an army shot of what's been finished so far!

Army so far.jpg

I'll use this post to add more army shots when they appear and for links to individual units.

Table of Contents

1) Skrillexcious of the Cacophonic Choir

2) Soulstriders

If you're looking for live updates or a peek into my mind, do follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Thornshield

Skrillexcious of the Cacophonic Choir

Skrillexcious.jpg

The Keeper of Secrets is one of the leaders in the army making its way along the River of Souls. He harnesses the lost souls (most likely Aelves) to power the organ melded into his back to blast out discordant melodies that drive his foes insane.

I did a mini-interview with Sean at HobbyHammer, which covers a few techniques used in painting this conversion.

http://www.hobbyhammer.com/2016/09/miniature-showcase-dictator-ming.html

Soulstriders

Hellstriders.jpg

These Hellstriders faithfully follow the Alluress Lilith at the vanguard of the army, delivering surgical strikes into the weak spots of the enemy.

They are so swift that the Steeds of Slaanesh can skim over the surface of the River of Souls (which I imagine to be both ethereal and tangible at the same time). I'm currently painting another 5, including command options with the Enrapturing Banner. You can see a WIP of them here (where you can spot a peek of Lilith too!).

4 hours ago, elfhead said:

This is awesome! Nice to see a slaaneshi warhost with lots of conversions! What have you got planned next? Are you working on anythong right now? 

Thanks! I'm a huge fan of your Cult where the corruption is subtle and insidious, especially in Thalion and the Aelves.

Apart from bolstering the Cultists (Marauders), Hellstriders and Warriors, plus putting the finishing touches on a Warshrine & Chariot, I need to put paint on these two:

C0Mo7h2XcAUmmRU.jpgC0JdETdWQAA2LLS.jpg

Thanks all.

Coinciding with the Compendium controversy, here is a close-up of the Forsaken that will be sitting at home (unless I proxy them as Warriors).

Forsaken.jpg

Known by some as the Afflicted or the Soultouched, these were once mighty champions whose continued exposure to the river (undoubtedly filled with spirits destined for the Chaos Realms) has corrupted them even further till both mind and body are forever changed.

• 3 weeks later...

Lilith, Devoted Clawmaiden of Slaanesh

20170115_172125.jpg

The Alluress Lilith leads a pack of Hellstriders in their search for their missing God, fueled by the screams of their victims. 

Rumours say she (with others saying he) was once the Hellreaver of the pack who cavorted with her (or his) Steed of Slaanesh one too many times, drawing the attention of the Chaos Gods who saw fit to merge their bodies into one unnatural serpentine figure.

Part mortal & part Daemon, she has heard whispers of her God's whereabouts and rallies cultists & daemons to her cause.

In-game, she masquerades as a Lord of Slaanesh on Daemonic Mount, but can also be a Herald on Steed of Slaanesh if needed.

On 03/01/2017 at 8:48 PM, Thornshield said:

Thanks all.

Coinciding with the Compendium controversy, here is a close-up of the Forsaken that will be sitting at home (unless I proxy them as Warriors).

Forsaken.jpg

Known by some as the Afflicted or the Soultouched, these were once mighty champions whose continued exposure to the river (undoubtedly filled with spirits destined for the Chaos Realms) has corrupted them even further till both mind and body are forever changed.

Or unless you play narrative.. ;).. Compendium Schmendium...

On 1/24/2017 at 9:05 PM, Kramer said:
Amazing! I've been eying that model for a Slaanesh hero for a while now but that color scheme is next level. 
(I can't seem to open the last three images. Do they work for you?)

I actually deleted those as I wasn't sure the other angles added much value. But since you mentioned them, here they are!

00cf28f9db9c7f59ce1dcaa9e42e9ae0.jpg8a336caed8128bf64830dfd6c626795f.jpg3ad0a8bdda12d77b18a8174b3273a485.jpg

Ben, that's the plan. Won't be doing too many events still, but hopefully our paths do cross!

Thanks all for the kind words [emoji1]

• 2 weeks later...

Gorebeast Chariot (narrative name suggestions needed!)

When agility is not effective, some brute force is called in with a Gorebeast Chariot of Slaanesh. Spurred forwards by the whips of its charioteer, the chariot smashes into its foes with a satisfying crunch of bone and excessive splatters of gore.

20170122_223811.jpg.ba0af1f6b2e555e724c241c41f5a49d4.jpg20170122_224001.jpg.50295d027dc19841faf0544519ef0d16.jpg20170122_224143.jpg.65795f4d7a8239510f523152ebd15ad0.jpg20170122_224223.jpg.91b48089ab9d55e060382e5576d12dcd.jpg

Slaanesh Warshrine

Perched on the back of her muscle-bound pleasure slave, the Shrinemistress calls out in vain to her missing God, and is rewarded with remnants of His dark protection. The shrine slinks forward in the center of the army, effortlessly pulled by a bound Daemon, who was said to once be a Mortal who fought with the strength of two Ogors but his pride caused his downfall into insanity and daemonhood.20170204_220114.jpg.1f1f6752e80a6c6bf7ff740c8669fb9d.jpg20170204_220510.jpg.8ccf0b8060a0065a77af4d2d44778cb3.jpg20170204_220544.jpg.67ad7b6a469d1cc5546b0e009b9f3180.jpg20170204_221131.jpg.c15b0380fa72bc92cac25111475a8b4e.jpg

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the lack of updates! The countdown to SCGT17 meant lots of models to finish painting. Here's the next piece for you:

Shacklemunyi, Chaos Sorcerer on Lusticore

Once a self-centered prince of a Shyishian Kingdom, he turned his back on his fellow subjects as a Daemonic incursion swept through their marbled cities. Seeking infinite power, he was rewarded with sorcerous might and visions of an oracle, but his once handsome face was horribly disfigured in return. Now he keeps himself hidden under hood & mask as he sweeps across the battlefield on captured Manticores.

The beasts he favours are continuously flayed for their hide and fur to adorn the cloaks of his fellow warriors, and he twists them into vicious mutations to suit his ideal beauty. Driven blind and insane, these Lusticores seek out their prey by scent alone as Shacklemunyi leads them towards his enemies.

20170408_233445.jpg

20170408_233535.jpg

20170408_233618.jpg

Archived