Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FAQ is out, lots of Khorne stuff.

Bloodsecrator officially doesn't stack anymore.

Page 137 – Bloodsecrator, Portal of Skulls, Rage of Khorne Change to: ‘Rage of Khorne: Add 1 to the Attacks characteristic for melee weapons used by friendly Khorne units while they are within 18" of any models with this ability. In addition, do not take battleshock tests for friendly...

A: The ability is applied only once, no matter how many times the criteria are fulfilled – ‘any’ is treated as being synonymous with ‘one or more’ in the Warhammer Age of Sigmar rules. In the example, this means that 1 would be added to the hit rolls, not 3.

Second part is from the rules FAQ.

Sayl got heavily changed as well.

https://17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/AoS_FAQ_The_Rules_v1.2.pdf

page 6

ABILITIES
Q: When the word ‘any’ is used in the criteria for an ability,
does it mean that the ability is applied only once when the
criteria for the ability are fulfilled? For example, if an ability
said ‘Add 1 to hit rolls for models that are within 6" of any
models with this ability’, would I add 1 to the hit rolls of a
model that was within 6" of three models with the ability, or
would I add 3?

A: The ability is applied only once, no matter how many
times the criteria are fulfilled – ‘any’ is treated as being
synonymous with ‘one or more’ in the Warhammer Age of
Sigmar rules. In the example, this means that 1 would be
added to the hit rolls, not 3.

good bye bloodsecrator stacking.

Q: How do abilities which trigger on ‘a roll of 6’ interact with modifiers? For example, if an ability states that it has an effect on ‘a wound roll of 6’ and the model has a modifier which adds 1 to their wound rolls, would a roll of 6 trigger that ability?

A: Yes. In the Warhammer Age of Sigmar rules, ‘a roll of 6’ is treated as being synonymous with ‘a roll of 6 or more’.

Good news for many of our BoK artifacts and abilities.

44 minutes ago, Jharen said:

Q: How do abilities which trigger on ‘a roll of 6’ interact with modifiers? For example, if an ability states that it has an effect on ‘a wound roll of 6’ and the model has a modifier which adds 1 to their wound rolls, would a roll of 6 trigger that ability?

A: Yes. In the Warhammer Age of Sigmar rules, ‘a roll of 6’ is treated as being synonymous with ‘a roll of 6 or more’.

Good news for many of our BoK artifacts and abilities.

Awesome. I'm particularly excited to have my Jugger Lord dealing 3 MWs on a wound roll of 5 on the charge after buffing himself.  Now I just need to figure out my conversion plan for him...

Also,  Crimson Crown is going to be very hard say no to for daemon heroes with Bloodletters around.

The warscroll for the Exalted Daemon of Khorne (Forgeworld Bloodthirster) got updated. 

Movement increased 2"

Lash of Khorne: +3 to hit instead of 4+

Mighty Axe of Khorne: 3 Damage instead of d3 damage.

Adjustments made to wounds suffered table.

Rejoice in Exalted Slaughter radius increased to 24"

Casting value for summoning increased to 11

Added two keywords: Monster and Bloodthirster (this means it may fill the role in battalions using keyword bloodthirster)

Note: The updated warscroll is in the newly released Monstrous Arcanum, the pdf linked from the product page is not updated yet.

His spell is different. 

Sayl can use his dark arts to enshroud himself or his allies in a dark vortex of magical power and transport them across the battlefield like a shadow across the sun. Traitor’s Mist has a casting value of 7. If successfully cast, pick a friendly Slaves to Darkness unit wholly within 15" of the caster. Remove the unit from the battlefield, and then set it up anywhere on the battlefield more than 9" from any enemy models. If you pick Sayl himself to be the target of this spell and Nightmaw is within 3" of him when the spell is cast, you can also remove Nightmaw from the battlefield and then set it up anywhere on the battlefield that is within 3" of Sayl the Faithless and more than 9" from any enemy models. Units moved in this manner cannot move in the following movement phase.

OK, so with the official verdict out regarding bloodsecrator's Portal of Skulls, a promise is a promise.
I said that I'd give up one of my Bloodsecrator models.

So...

Who would like a bloodsecrator model?
First name in the mix gets it. [emoji4]

Free bloodsecrator model? I'll put my name in the hat.... :)

2 minutes ago, Tizianolol said:

Big demon of khorne is 640 points, if I remove bstoker,bsecrator and 2 khorgo i can take him in my council list.its 20 wound model 3+ save and amazing  melee! Is another option for my list:)

Go big!

@Tizianolol

I know you're working on a council of Blood list so wanted to make sure you caught this change in the new Chaos FAQ.  I bold texted the changed parts for clarity.

Page 104 – Council of Blood, Fierce Rivals Change the rules text to: 

‘In each of your hero phases, pick one Bloodthirster from the Council of Blood that is within 3" of an enemy unit to pile in and make attacks. If that Bloodthirster kills an enemy Hero or Monster, or slays the last model in an enemy unit, you can immediately pick another Bloodthirster from the Council of Blood that is within 3" of an enemy unit to pile in and make attacks with. You can continue to do this until either each model in the battalion has attacked once in this manner, or one of them fails to slay an enemy Hero or Monster, or slay the last model in an enemy unit.’

I think it's a little nerf, it says i have to be within 3inches but i think battalion Is still viable!:) 

mt his battalion Is only 110 points , maybe the cheeper one. And bt are down in points! I need my bts in combat for the pile in hero phase, but they are fast! I can use my blood tithe too

do you think Is still viable?:)@jharen

Certainly still viable, the changes are very minor.  Just wanted to make sure the changes were noted and realized for those who are building lists around it right now.  I suspect it was to clarify that the Bloodthirster ability to pile in 6"  does not allow him to pile in outside of 3".

1 hour ago, Kaleb Daark said:

OK, so with the official verdict out regarding bloodsecrator's Portal of Skulls, a promise is a promise.

I said that I'd give up one of my Bloodsecrator models.

So...

Who would like a bloodsecrator model?

First name in the mix gets it. :)

Indeed. 

Bloodstoker model also going. 

Preferably to someone who doesn't have one and will use 

Ok guys, i'm thinking about 2/3 list around the bloodmarked warband, what do you think of those ?

FIRST LIST. Lot of msu, many units able to hold their own and to face pretty much everything. Lot of hp on the table with a 4+ save and the invulnerable save of the warshrine :

Lord of khorne on juggernaut (général) : 140 pts

Bloodsecrator : 120 pts

Bloodstocker : 80 pts

Chaos Warshrine : 180 pts

10 Blood warriors: 200

10 Blood warriors: 200

5 Skullreapers: 180

5 Wrathmongers : 180

5 Wrathmongers : 180

10 Bloodreavers :  70

Bloodmarked warband : 100

1990 pts

SECOND LIST : 

Lord of khorne on juggernaut (général) : 140 pts

Bloodsecrator : 120 pts

Chaos Warshrine : 180 pts

24 bloodwarriors : 500 pts

5 Skullreapers : 180 pts

5 Skullreapers : 180 pts

5 Wrathmongers : 180 pts

5 Wrathmongers : 180 pts

10 bloodreavers : 70 pts

10 bloodreavers : 70 pts

5 chaos warriors : 90 pts

Bloodmarked warband : 100 pts

I sacrifice the bloodstocker and one unit of skullreapers for a big units of 24 bloodwarrior, who will then have a reroll of 1 for the ound roll (because multiple of 8). The 5 chaos warriors are here for holding a backfield objective.

Another version is to replace the unit of chaos warriors by 10 bloodreavers and using those last 20 pts to push the unit of bloodwarriors to 30. I wonder which is best : 30 bloodwarriors for 520 pts, or 24 for 500 pts, but who have a reroll of wound roll of 1 ?

Archived