demon Prince / 2 korgorath 160

tot 1990

what do you think about the list?

better korgo or dp?;) 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, phizzco said:

Will chaos warriors work for this warband if you use the mark of chaos on them?

Yes

1 hour ago, ledha said:

Do you think goretide is still worth using ?

No.

400 is a lot of points and the Goretide might not have a conditional effect but against other melee lists it's not that relevant. You could get like 80 Marauders or almost a unit of 9 Crushers instead.

Overall, I think the times of stacking battalions is over. A couple of weeks ago we often argued that even 300 points is too much for a 2k list. I'd be rather surprised if we see lists with 2+ battalions constantly in the future.

Considering BoK, we are blessed with 24 pages of battalion (+ some that are not in the book). Sadly, most of them are either not that great or very conditional. The price hike for battalions might hit us hard, because the group of competitive battalions is getting even smaller. 

The ones I still consider worthwhile in 2k or below are:

• Murderhost (Bloodletter, choochoo)
  • Brass Stampede (didn't feel the nerf that hard)
  • Gore Pilgrims (no wasted units, unconditional) 
  • Dark Feast (might shine again with reaver hordes) 
  • Bloodforged (unconditional)
  • Bloodmarked Warband (unconditional, synergy with blood tithe)

(As a reminder, there is more to the game than 2k matched play)

Overall I like this change, the game might become a little bit less gimmicky and with way fewer free artifacts per army. Plus, taking or not taking a battalion is more of a debate now than before.

54 minutes ago, Xasz said:

Yup, but you forgot Bloodhunt.

1 hour ago, Tizianolol said:

better korgo or dp?;) 

The Khorgoraths are the better pick in my opinion, more durable, solid damage.  Unless you're looking for more mobility which the daemon prince offers by way of his wings, but he's going to function more like a glass cannon that you will likely lose after he kills one thing.

Tossed together this bit of fun earlier, trying to see how tightly I can push it with more than one battalion under GHB17 changes.  I'll probably give it a go soon as I can get a game in.  I feel it makes excellent use of named heroes, while still giving me 3 artifacts to use on the unnamed heroes (gorecleaver on the Juggerlord ofc and a brazen rune thrown in on the secrator more than likely).   Doubt it'd win any tournaments but I think it'll hold its own for an interesting game.

Korghos Khul
Bloodsecrator
Any80PointHero
Any80PointHero

Valkia the Bloody
10x Blood Warriors
10x Blood Warriors
10x Bloodreavers
10x Bloodreavers

Bloodmarked Warband

Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut
3x Mighty Skullcrushers
3x Mighty Skullcrushers
3x Mighty Skullcrushers

Brass Stampede

2000/2000

6 minutes ago, Jharen said:

Tossed together this bit of fun earlier, trying to see how tightly I can push it with more than one battalion under GHB17 changes.  I'll probably give it a go soon as I can get a game in.  I feel it makes excellent use of named heroes, while still giving me 3 artifacts to use on the unnamed heroes (gorecleaver on the Juggerlord ofc and a brazen rune thrown in on the secrator more than likely).   Doubt it'd win any tournaments but I think it'll hold its own for an interesting game.

Korghos Khul
Bloodsecrator
Any80PointHero
Any80PointHero

Valkia the Bloody
10x Blood Warriors
10x Blood Warriors
10x Bloodreavers
10x Bloodreavers

Bloodmarked Warband

Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut
3x Mighty Skullcrushers
3x Mighty Skullcrushers
3x Mighty Skullcrushers

Brass Stampede

2000/2000

Is the brass stampede worth it when not maxed ? You could have 2x6 skullcrushers and likely do more 

2 hours ago, Xasz said:

Yes

No.

400 is a lot of points and the Goretide might not have a conditional effect but against other melee lists it's not that relevant. You could get like 80 Marauders or almost a unit of 9 Crushers instead.

Overall, I think the times of stacking battalions is over. A couple of weeks ago we often argued that even 300 points is too much for a 2k list. I'd be rather surprised if we see lists with 2+ battalions constantly in the future.

Considering BoK, we are blessed with 24 pages of battalion (+ some that are not in the book). Sadly, most of them are either not that great or very conditional. The price hike for battalions might hit us hard, because the group of competitive battalions is getting even smaller. 

(As a reminder, there is more to the game than 2k matched play)

Overall I like this change, the game might become a little bit less gimmicky and with way fewer free artifacts per army. Plus, taking or not taking a battalion is more of a debate now than before.

Goretide is 320 no? Not 400. I think it still might be decent, you can still get a lot of bodies on the table and with less players using battalions you will still be one drop so will dictate first turn. With 3 artefacts thrown in for good measure. I reckon it could still be fun and would have to wait and see which way the meta goes.

Of course it is probably wishful thinking on my behalf after I brought all the models to make a goretide recently, oh well.

I brought a Valkia and she went up 20 points haha I don't really see her on par with LoK on Jugger.

1 minute ago, Jaehaerys said:

Goretide is 320 no? Not 400. I think it still might be decent, you can still get a lot of bodies on the table and with less players using battalions you will still be one drop so will dictate first turn. With 3 artefacts thrown in for good measure. I reckon it could still be fun and would have to wait and see which way the meta goes.

Don't forget the mandatory Skullreapers, they are +40 each.

Concerning Valkia, she has a different role on the table than the Lord on Juggernaut. She should still be fine at 140.

7 minutes ago, Xasz said:

Don't forget the mandatory Skullreapers, they are +40 each.

Concerning Valkia, she has a different role on the table than the Lord on Juggernaut. She should still be fine at 140.

Yea that hurt after buying two boxes. Skullreapers were low cost at 140 though. All those changes aside you can still get alot of models on the board with goretide.

1 hour ago, ledha said:

isn't the bloodmarked warband about one hero and 8 unit ?

In an awesome plot twist, leaders are technically 'units'.

So you basically have to take 1 hero unit, but you could have upto 6* in total in the battalion. 

(edit: *assuming we are talking about 2k matched play TM games)

I say goretide is 400 before it force you to take the exalted deathbringer, which i don't like at all

concerning skullreapers : they were hilariously undercosted, and with few bonus to hit, able to destroy much more than their point cost. Since big units of weak models will be more numerous, i think they will shine and lot, because they eat horde on breakfast. In the actual context, skullreapers for 140 pts would have been dumb

1 hour ago, ledha said:

isn't the bloodmarked warband about one hero and 8 unit ?

As others mentioned, a hero is a unit.  To further back this up, from the FAQ:

Q: Does a hero – as a single model – count as a unit to fulfil the requirement to have 8 units for a Bloodmarked Warband?

A: Yes.

1 hour ago, Arkiham said:

Is the brass stampede worth it when not maxed ? You could have 2x6 skullcrushers and likely do more 

I've run a non-maxed brass stampede plenty of times, and it's always carried its weight in my opinion.  Skullcrushers are solid 5 wound models with a 4+ save vs spells.  Bringing a Brass Stampede brings their charge reliable mortal wound output that stacks up nice when charging all the units into the same target.  When not running them in the Brass Stampede the mortal wound output is very unreliable and you're simply taking them for the tanky footprint they offer.  Further, the Brass Stampede offers me another artifact and +3 to their charges once any unit has been wiped out (which usually happens fast).

Would the list work better as combined units all squished into a Bloodmarked Warband?  Probably, and that's what I actually did when starting that list.  I just decided to try and see what I could do with running both battalions because...curious to see how it does on the table.

29 minutes ago, Jaehaerys said:

I brought a Valkia and she went up 20 points haha I don't really see her on par with LoK on Jugger.

She's worth it when used for her strength, which is her 12" move and high damage on the charge.  You just have to time her right and pick her target carefully.

17 minutes ago, Jharen said:

She's worth it when used for her strength, which is her 12" move and high damage on the charge.  You just have to time her right and pick her target carefully.

To add to this, her model is rather small and she can easily be hidden behind terrain.

39 minutes ago, Jaehaerys said:

Yea that hurt after buying two boxes. Skullreapers were low cost at 140 though. All those changes aside you can still get alot of models on the board with goretide.

Sure, but it's ~400 points that don't do any combat or boost your melee prowess (you could argue that movement is a form of boost, as it gets you in clubbing range faster, but not all lists are trying to avoid melee). It can still work, especially above 2k but it's definitely not for me anymore.

32 minutes ago, ledha said:

say goretide is 400 before it force you to take the exalted deathbringer, which i don't like at all

Spearguy is decent.

5 minutes ago, Xasz said:

To add to this, her model is rather small and she can easily be hidden behind terrain.

Sure, but it's ~400 points that don't do any combat or boost your melee prowess (you could argue that movement is a form of boost, as it gets you in clubbing range faster, but not all lists are trying to avoid melee). It can still work, especially above 2k but it's definitely not for me anymore.

Spearguy is decent.

I'm going to try it out anyway. I brought the models after all. Otherwise I'll just have to incorporate into something else. Good points on Valkia.

42 minutes ago, ledha said:

I say goretide is 400 before it force you to take the exalted deathbringer, which i don't like at all

concerning skullreapers : they were hilariously undercosted, and with few bonus to hit, able to destroy much more than their point cost. Since big units of weak models will be more numerous, i think they will shine and lot, because they eat horde on breakfast. In the actual context, skullreapers for 140 pts would have been dumb

Haha yea I've annihilated many'a unit with them.  

i had a 5man unit who killed a lord of change in 2 combat phase before charging a unit of tzaangors and killing 9 of them.

In another game, they destroyed 30 plaguebearers, then 1 lord of plage, then 4 blightking :D

21 minutes ago, ****** said:

Is there any ruling stopping the use of Blood Bind (slaughter priest prayer to force an enemy unit to run in the hero phase) on the same unit multiple times in the same hero phase?

No, there has never been a rule against this and there continues to be no rule against it.  Some tournaments, clubs, events, etc house rule this though, so make sure to check if you plan to play with others that they allow prayer stacking.

8 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

Hi all i wanna post my list for gh2

wrath of Khorne bloodthirster 330

Bloodthirster of ins rage 260

bloodthirster of un fury 260

council of blood 110

bloostoker 80

bloodsecrator 120

30 bloodletters 270

2x10 bloodwarriors 400

demon Prince / 2 korgorath 160

tot 1990

better korgo or dp?;) 

Guys what do you think about that? Honestly i have red many thinks here but there Is nothing about council of blood. Its only 110 points, and 3 bloodthirsters + battalion Is 960 points! In this list i make bletters run and charge, pile 6 and eventuallly reroll charge, + 3 to charge ( bsecraror) , +1 hit (bstoker) . I got 1 artifact more and a very fast list with the 3 big guys. For hold objective i can play one of best unit for this role imo : bloodwarriors. I think its so good , any opinions?:)

The thirster cost is going down so they are more viable , khorgoraths are probably the way to go in that list.

You might find that the thirsters don't proc their extra attacks if unit sizes are increases though.

Looks solid could work, meta dependant 

Archived