Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, but if we see it from a ghb 1 standpoint? Cause it will probably be a while before all people in our area will get ghb2 and play with the new rules, points etc...

Only asking cause i am really interested in this kind of list and if anyone played it before, i would really like to hear how it worked out for him/her.

My guess is that something in general happend to the Battalion effects too. I expect an additional bonus over that which we know, the extra Artefact choice.

At the same time I also think that they intend to have you use 1 Battalion per roughly 1500 points and I believe this is still a very viable route to go whatever the bonusses are.

I think the overlap to GH2017 will be very smooth though, the book will be out this weekend and by then all will also be spoiled online. At this point I think its fair to say no-one on TGA has played with GH2017 other than the playtesters, such as Heleenhammer but I think he isn't allowed to spoil it all just yet.

Playing around w a horde army w/o battalions... A lot of wounds and attacks! Might switch horse for foot lord to get some speed in there and break up Skullcrushers into 6+3. 

And yes, I'm betting on stackable secrators ;-)

IMG_1734.PNG

3 hours ago, misthv said:

Playing around w a horde army w/o battalions... A lot of wounds and attacks! Might switch horse for foot lord to get some speed in there and break up Skullcrushers into 6+3. 

And yes, I'm betting on stackable secrators ;-)

I don't want to be a negative nelly but I don't see the point of Khorne Mortals anymore, at least in a competitive setting.

Bloodletters + Murderhost/Sayl seem even more oppressive inside the Khorneverse than before BoK.

I think the new prices for battalions are great but they were a power source for Khorne Mortals. Especially hard is the double hit, as the interesting battalions often need Skullreapers (the only one I'm still considering in my lists is Gorepilgrims). Not to mention that they always compete with Bloodletters for their role on the battlefield.

Besides that, the thing you are trying to do is probably better within a Tzeentch Fatesworn army.

Blood Warriors don't scale well beyond 15 models because of their range. Chaos Warriors with halberds and shields are a lot better defensively and offensively. (+ they can be buffed with a lot of things as well)

1 hour ago, Xasz said:

I don't want to be a negative nelly but I don't see the point of Khorne Mortals anymore, at least in a competitive setting.

Bloodletters + Murderhost/Sayl seem even more oppressive inside the Khorneverse than before BoK.

I think the new prices for battalions are great but they were a power source for Khorne Mortals. Especially hard is the double hit, as the interesting battalions often need Skullreapers (the only one I'm still considering in my lists is Gorepilgrims). Not to mention that they always compete with Bloodletters for their role on the battlefield.

Besides that, the thing you are trying to do is probably better within a Tzeentch Fatesworn army.

Blood Warriors don't scale well beyond 15 models because of their range. Chaos Warriors with halberds and shields are a lot better defensively and offensively. (+ they can be buffed with a lot of things as well)

Largely agree, although I'm not as gloomy as for the future of Mortals! E.g. I'm thinking Bloodmarked Warband will be seen more as it easily fits a 1-drop army etc :-) Also, I think 80p for Khorgorath and 140p for Skullcrushers are a steal.

But yeah, BL+Murderhost/Sayl is looking STRONG! 

How are you thinking about the Gore Pilgrims? I'm not too keen on paying 180p for a couple of re-rollable buffs...

Re the scaling, you might be right, but as a defensive blob I'm not too worried about their range. But sure, Chaos Warriors are good there too :-)

Bloodmarked will be great. 

Snipped my hero?  Meh. new one. I still own the point.

Super large unit next to  a hero?  Buffed by banner and wrath mongers etc. More attacks.

The rerolling wounds is handy as we get alot of rerolling hits 

Gorepilgrims is just a good battalion on paper, unconditional effects, low tax, no useless units.

To be honest, I haven't had the best of luck with prayers. Usually my two priests kill themselves within the first 3 turns.

Bloodmarked might be a thing but it went up in points as well and I'm not sure if I can come up with 9 mortal units/heroes. StD is a lot better with Tzeentch and the +40 points on Skullreapers just hurt. I really don't wanna take them but they are Khorne Mortals primary damage dealer and mortal wound source.

Another battalion that might still be worth is Bloodforged. Blood Warriors are still the same and so are Wrathmongers. Skulltake, Slaughterborn are just too expensive and conditional in my opinion.

(Brass stampede is rather unimpressed by the changes but it's a really specialized list)

If you nax brass stampede it is rather good.

1400 points of skullcrushers.

Battalion 180

3 x mighty lord of khorne on jugg 420.

That's 7 units of skullcrushers, with 3 units being 6. Allowing d6 mortal wounds.

Great potential, great fun. Great models.

16 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

Battalion 180

That's 7 units of skullcrushers, with 3 units being 6. Allowing d6 mortal wounds.

Yeah thought about it but it takes a rather "unnatural" collection or an investment in models that will only be played in that list.

25 minutes ago, misthv said:

Did they re-cost the Goreblade? 

Seems to be not in the book.

5 hours ago, Arkiham said:

Battalion 180

I wanted to do this in GHB1 but now with the points discounted in GHB2 I can finally do this.  Its a good thing I been sniping skullcrusher and lords for 5 months now on ebay.  Time to get painting!!!!

...I don't see the point of Khorne Mortals anymore, at least in a competitive setting.

Don't count your chickens before they're hatched, unless you're specifically aiming for eggs.

Sayl hasn't been re-pointed or re-scrolled yet. So there is no indication of what will happen there.

The only potential item that we know if is that the Rogue Idol (which was an out of print model) dropped in points .... AND got a new warscroll. So ... GHB 2017 brought a complete change for that Forgeworld unit. I would not be surprised to see the same for Sayl. Ben mentioned that as well in his AMA.

8 minutes ago, TheOtherJosh said:

Don't count your chickens before they're hatched, unless you're specifically aiming for eggs.

Sayl hasn't been re-pointed or re-scrolled yet. So there is no indication of what will happen there.

The only potential item that we know if is that the Rogue Idol (which was an out of print model) dropped in points .... AND got a new warscroll. So ... GHB 2017 brought a complete change for that Forgeworld unit. I would not be surprised to see the same for Sayl. Ben mentioned that as well in his AMA.

Even then, there is still the Murderhost to fall back to.

Which pushes Bloodletters even further ahead of everything else.

While Bloodletters do seem even more tempting now given the ability to ally Sayl (and assuming he isn't changed any time soon), we do need to take into account the changing meta as a whole.  If the current meta shifts towards hordes then Bloodletters could actually end up in a worse place than before.  As other army focuses shift from sniping out heroes and elites into incorporating anti-horde abilities we may see a shift into dead-stopping things like Bloodletter bombs from even getting into combat either by way of spells/abilities that kill hordes, or by sending opposing hordes to completely bubble wrap their own forces.  This is more probable now I think because before a large enemy swarm unit was the exception rather than the rule when building a list, but now opponents will likely build with it very much in mind.

Honestly don't be too szd for the skullreapers. They were ridiculously toi powerful for their cost and, if WE see more horde on the board than before, They would have been completely broken at 140 pts. You can still take 15-20 of them without problem in the army and have a résilient backbone who Will trash many ennemy units

Archived