Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

What I really hope they add in the new Battletome is summoning. For example:
You plant Portal of Skulls with the Bloodsecrator and summon a unit of Bloodletters or a BloodThirster, with no need for a Chaos Sorcerer. 

Could end up being a slaughterpriest prayer thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Vaz84 said:

Literally had chosen today to go into my LGS and drop some wallet weight into Khrone.

Smart phone rings off and a friend links me a picture of the new book.

Wallet quickly retracts into jeans, I shall stall my thrist for a few weeks!

Wondering how good combos between demons and mortals will be. As well as if we see any points adjustments.

Further, the new AoS starter box.. does it have the characters from the first one? What will people use as their source for the Kill-Banner?

I Just ordered some Bloodletters!

I wouldn't wait on the new Starter Set, it apparently drops the Mighty Lord of Khorne and the Bloodsecrator, buy the old set asap. On the Stormcast side it Drops the Lord Celestant on Dracoth. They will most probably start selling them separately.  

Wheeee! Now they only need to sell the Bloodsecrator separate from the Starter Set!

And personally I don't think that they will stop selling the old starter set (But I can be totally wrong). The new Thunder and Blood its more like a boardgame.

And yes, summoning demons if you kill enemies its the way of Khorne! 

BladesOfKhorneBattletomeContent-320x320.Homer-Simpson-Drooling-while-Sleeping.gi

I'd love to see plastic flesh hounds especially if the lord of khorne's one is anything to go by.

My khorne army has turned into a human tidal wave of bodies at the moment with the mammoth, a warshrine, 40 chaos warriors, and eighty marauder/bloodreavers and all the other hero's.  I need to get some skull reapers as well as I have lots of khorgoraths to take advantage of skulltake as well.

not sure whether to keep them separate as distinctly pre-aos and post AoS armies.  With the chaos dwarfs it's got a distinctly Tamurkhan grand alliance feel to it... which reminds me, must buy some bloodletters. :)

If this new Battletome does little to help Khorne against fast or shooty armies, I will be dismayed.

What I also fear is the loss of synergy we had with Slaves of Darkness units. I sense that it will become an either/or scenario. Not sure how well Slaves work with DoT so I'm not sure if theres precedence.

1 hour ago, Aspirant Snaeper said:

If this new Battletome does little to help Khorne against fast or shooty armies, I will be dismayed.

What I also fear is the loss of synergy we had with Slaves of Darkness units. I sense that it will become an either/or scenario. Not sure how well Slaves work with DoT so I'm not sure if theres precedence.

They work perfectly fine, Fatesworn works great

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this resolves a number of the gaps we currently have - so vulnerability to shooting/lack of return fire, no option to summon etc.  We're certainly getting more prayers (glad I have two Slaughterpriests now!).  Holding off on fully planning my 2k for Bristol Smash now...

A couple of things that would help fix our shortcomings.

Skullcannons D3 attacks
Skullcrushers/Bloodcrushers roll D6 for each model for murderous charge.
Skullreapers normal weapons rend -1, specials extra damage or rend -2
Khorgoraths 60 points

Just A small number of changes to make things viable again

Dark feast to add cumulative bonus to give Reavers consistent bite (not OP given their lack of resilience).

Battalions or command abilities that decease the effects of shooting.

More prayers, possibly make the big axe carrying Slaughter priest a more powerful version.

no new models, but thats ok. Khorne has some nice models right now.

been wanting new prayers for the priest forever, and would be great if he could summon with prayers.....summoning that a wizard can't unbind!

hoping for some nice new formations and hopefully new battleplans.

I hope any summoning they do get is limited to Khorne Daemons. Keep it nice and fluffy

Absolutely. GW are nailing the Battletomes lately and anything that gives Khorne armies more character and fluff-centric flavour is welcome.

Archived