Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Duck1986 said:

Hi guys, I'm looking at getting into Chaos and see Khorne as a good starting point!  I'm a freeguild player but have "competed"  my army so much as one can. I'm therefore thinking of something other than Order!

How is it working out for Khorne players currently - are they as stronger faction as they appear?

I was thinking of kickstarting my army with the Thunder and Blood box (to also bulk out my small Stormcast force ) and the Bloodbound start collecting box. 

I believe this would give me :

1 Bloodstoker

1 Slaughterpriest with Hackbridge

15 Blood Warriors

20 bloodreavers

3 mighty skullcrushers

1 Khorgarath 

Coming in at 840 points but throw in a battalion and we"re around 1000. Does this sound like a good starting collection?  £100 is probably the most I can dedicate to getting started. Which those equate to - is there anything else I should be investing in instead?  

Looking forward to it! 

You could look at the daemon box. Bloodletters are always a good plan to start with.

Bloodletters are more expensive. 

Age of sigmar box + Starter is the cheaper way to go. Don't get the thunder and blood box, you are missing the bloodsecrator who is key, and you are not really saving money. It's also a full list without the slaughterpriest.

Allegiance: Khorne

Leaders
Bloodsecrator (120)
Bloodstoker (80)
Mighty Lord Of Khorne (140)
- General
- Trait: Slaughterborn 
- Artefact: The Brazen Rune 

Battleline
15 x Blood Warriors (300)
- Goreaxes
- 1x Goreglaives
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
- Meatripper Axes
3 x Mighty Skullcrushers (140)
- Bloodglaives
- Khorne Bloodbound Battleline (Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut General)

Units
1 x Khorgoraths (80)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 400

Hey guys. I'm participating in a small 1k AOS event tomorrow and I am bringing a mighty lord of khorne as my general.  I had planned to give him the Beserker Lord trait and Mark of the Destroyer. Does anyone think that there is a better pairing of artefacts and traits to give him? My though was to take advantage of his axe special ability with Mark and prktect him with Beserker Lird, but Slaughterborn looks great as well. Any help would be appreciated. 

I just played a nails Tzeentch  list and came out on top, I am wondering though whether people are playing mauraders or blood reavers. I play 20 dagger reavers who I'm currently swapping out for axes.

In a pure khorne army I think the marauders are actually better, unless you are desperate for the axe rend.

what do people use? 

14 hours ago, Darksteve said:

Hey guys. I'm participating in a small 1k AOS event tomorrow and I am bringing a mighty lord of khorne as my general.  I had planned to give him the Beserker Lord trait and Mark of the Destroyer. Does anyone think that there is a better pairing of artefacts and traits to give him? My though was to take advantage of his axe special ability with Mark and prktect him with Beserker Lird, but Slaughterborn looks great as well. Any help would be appreciated. 

Slaughterborn + Gorecleaver is pretty awesome too. Makes him more reliable and less likely to die versus a Monster without having done much.
I really like Mark of the Destroyer on the Mightly Lord of Khorne with Fleshhound as he has the option to delete anything but you want to have the attack quantity for that.

8 hours ago, MOMUS said:

I just played a nails Tzeentch  list and came out on top, I am wondering though whether people are playing mauraders or blood reavers. I play 20 dagger reavers who I'm currently swapping out for axes.

In a pure khorne army I think the marauders are actually better, unless you are desperate for the axe rend.

what do people use? 

I usually don't play either unless a Battalion would force me to. I do think the pick depends completely on the list. Sometimes you want to have a unit hanging for Objectives (Marauders) sometimes you want a meatscreen or flank support (Bloodreavers). The moment you add a Warshrine Bloodreavers also become really legit. A 6++ isn't much but it's something and adding +1 to hit thanks to Killing Frenzy to a large blob is neat.

14 hours ago, MOMUS said:

what do people use? 

I have been using a block of 40 Marauders and they have been a great unit to hold objectives and win melee with other hords. That being said the top teir lists rip them appart. 

Yeah I typically believe that the top game has so much rend that the difference in armour isn't really relevant. True to Khorne's nature going aggressive with all our forces is usually rewarded better. On the other side, we can obtain Blood Tithe points with allies to, so there is something to say for that but running really heavy Bloodletters is still very effective. Basically the best results Ive seen from 'pure BoK' still comes from Murderhost and Gore Pilgrims but both examples rely heavy on Bloodletters. The cost difference between them and Bloodreavers or Marauders isn't even that big but the output difference remains massive.

On 1/11/2017 at 2:38 AM, ANevskyUSA said:

I don't think so. They have a decent save, 2 wounds each and 2 attacks each. What really makes them cool is that they get to attack when killed in melee. Gorefists are not reliable, but when they work, it is nice to deal out mortal wounds against an enemy unit when it attacks. I find that Blood Warriors are good for jamming up the opponent and putting him into damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-don't situations.  He cannot attack the Blood Warriors without risk, but he cannot really ignore them either.

Blood Warriors always put in the most work for me in every game. I run them with dual axes, love the re-rolling 1s. If they're in secrator range, a unit of 10 is hard to deal with in close combat. One of my fave units to put on the table.

Question. If Skarbrand was summoned after turn 1 would he count as being incandescent? Since he was unable to fight in a prior round.

Also has anyone tried summoning skarbrand through bloodtithes in a gore pilgrim list with bloodsacrfice? You could pop him behind the lines and safe from shooting.

1 minute ago, Killax said:

Well...

- You cant Summon Skarbrand.
- Going to 8 Blood Tithe points is a waste of Blood Tithe point use.

It's not a summon, it's just a setup.

You could, but you'd have to squeeze him in somewhere outside of 9" and still have to make an unfavourable charge roll

On 2 November 2017 at 5:28 PM, Patapoef said:

You could use sayl. He isnt that much a long ranged unit but he does get the units far. 

You gove a unit 18" move and fly. Combined with some charge buffs you should get a charge of turn 1. Combine this with wrath of khorne bt and a bloodstoker and basicly any unit you pick can be dumped right in their ranged dudes. Buffing the unit with slaughterpriests and they regret choosing ranged for sure. 

Not a fan though. Because mages and Khorne....

His warscroll has been updated btw. Traitors Mist is no longer an 18" fly. On one hand it's better, literally remove then setup one of your units anywhere outside of 9 of the enemy. Downside: it's now only slaves to darkness units and they have to be fully within 15 of sayl when cast

3 hours ago, Killax said:

Well...

- You cant Summon Skarbrand.
- Going to 8 Blood Tithe points is a waste of Blood Tithe point use.

Sorry yes you can’t summon it’s set up any Khorne daemon unit só named characters included. Taking the slaughter priests ability to generate bloodtithe

3 hours ago, ****** said:

It's not a summon, it's just a setup.

You could, but you'd have to squeeze him in somewhere outside of 9" and still have to make an unfavourable charge roll

Yeah that’s why I asked my first question. Would Skarbrand be incandescent since he couldn’t fight earlier?

4 hours ago, Tubs said:

Yeah that’s why I asked my first question. Would Skarbrand be incandescent since he couldn’t fight earlier?

'Skarbrand starts the battle angry'

Then you set him up at the start of your hero phase in turn x.

In that hero phase you look at his damage table to determine rage level

Which would be superseded by him not being able to fight in one of the combat phases of the previous battle round.

No mention of him having to be on the table/deployed to be annoyed at not smashing stuff.

The exception might be if your opponent takes priority in round 1and shoots/alpha strikes you to bits giving you 8 bt points. If you then put him on the table in your round 1, he would just be angry as there hasn't been a previous combat phase yet.

Wouldn't you be better investing the points in a Bloodstoker and using 3 tithe points to move move charge? Or further combo that with a wok bloodthirsters command ability to run run charge?

5 hours ago, Tubs said:

Sorry yes you can’t summon it’s set up any Khorne daemon unit só named characters included. Taking the slaughter priests ability to generate bloodtithe

No worries, as above though obtaining 8 Blood Tithe points thakes a while even if you are butchering your own models with Slaughterpriests to obtain them.

The issue lies not in obtaining them but essentialy wasting 8 points. In reality many factions are able summon/place/teleport models in without any additional effort or damage on your own models. While I too initially hoped we started out with 8 points like Tzeentch starts out with 9 Fate Dice, this is not the case. Because we have to at the bare minimum damage ourselfs Id highly recommend focussing on other Blood Tithe effects. Use it in practice and see how it unfolds for you.

Because Blood Tithe points and their effect can only be used at the start of the hero phase I would infact rule it as him comming to the field Incandescent though only if you at least proceed through a Hero phase. Why is this? Well both Blood Tithe point use and this check more or less are preformed at the start of the Hero phase.
Keep in mind though that if you would use Blood Tithe points at the start of your opponents Hero phase and place Skarbrand he would infact be Angry because you have no Hero phase to check. 

As a word of advice though, don't waste 8 Blood Tithe points for this. Really.

Right, so I am trying to finalize the models I need to get so I can start preparing for next year’s tournament season. I plan on running a Mortal Khorne army,

I plan to use two Battalions ‘Blood Marked Warband & Gore Pilgrims’.

==

Gore Pilgrims:

• Bloodsecrator (Brazen Rune)
  • 2x Slaughter Priests
  • 40x Bloodreavers
  • 2x 10 Bloodreavers

Blood Marked Warband:

• Aspiring Deathbringer: General (Violent Urgency), Talisman of Burning Blood.
  • 2 x Exalted Deathbringer:   (one with Gorecleaver)
  • 10 x Bloodwarriors
  • 40 x Marauders
  • 5 x Blood Warriors
  • 1x Chaos Warshrine
  • 1x Gorebeast Chariot.  

==

Another version is.

• Gore Pilgrims:
  • Bloodsecrator (Brazen Rune)
  • 2x Slaughter Priests
  • 30x Bloodreavers
  • 2x 10 Bloodreavers

Blood Marked Warband:

• Aspiring Deathbringer: General (Violent Urgency), Talisman of Burning Blood.
  • Exalted Deathbringer:   (one with Gorecleaver)
  • Bloodsecrator
  • 10 x Bloodwarriors
  • 40 x Marauders
  • 5 x Blood Warriors
  • 1x Chaos Warshrine
  • 5 x Chaos Warriors

==

I cannot make my mind up about running the pair of Bloodsecrators. It’s a nice plan as it makes hit harder to remove my immunity to battleshock. As I only need one to have the banner planted it also allows me to move them around the table, which lets me get them on objectives. Turn one the Gore Pilgrim one plants first allowing the second one to move up the table.

The basic plan is that the army is all about securing objectives. The Marauders move to sit on an objective with a hero, in most games the block of 40 will be able to secure it, and in games like Duality of Death where heroes are needed, the battalion ability gives me 40 hero’s they have to eat first.

Using the Chaos Warshine, the 70 Bloodreavers blob up and move up the center of the table and try and get into the opponents army.

My worry is I have little magical defense, or units with Rend. Also the army could be a little slow… Thoughts?

Both seem cool but I am uncertain as to what Bloodmarked Warband adds, it does reduce your drops but otherwise I don't know, wouldn't just adding Warshrines and good chunky Bloodreaver units just be more stable? What do Marauders or units of 5 Chaos Warriors specifically add?

Im a firm believer in multiple drops but chunky units.

2 minutes ago, Killax said:

Both seem cool but I am uncertain as to what Bloodmarked Warband adds, it does reduce your drops but otherwise I don't know, wouldn't just adding Warshrines and good chunky Bloodreaver units just be more stable? What do Marauders or units of 5 Chaos Warriors specifically add?

Im a firm believer in multiple drops but chunky units.

I realy like the Bloodmarked Warband, as I feel it adds level of resilience to the list.   The standard way to 'de-claw' a Khorne list at the moment it to take out the Bloodsecrator. So I run a pair. Then the thought is to take out the buffing units. Well with the Bloodmarked Warband, new buffing heroes are formed when you do that. Sure they are not as good, but there is a chance it may make opponents blink and pick other targets.  Now the Marauders are a unit i like... I have sat on that soap box before so will move on. But I agree the Warriors are problomatic, they fit in a hole and are.. maybe OK for back up heroes. Good Saves, for the Price. I wanted a unit of Skull Takers, but the points just dont work. 

I had played around with a list that was Just the Bloodmarked Warband, 2 Secrators  3 Deathbringers, 1 40 Block of Reavers, 1 30 block of Blood Warriors, 1 30 Block of Chaos Warriors, And a Warshrine.  One Drop.. Large Scary units.  But the buffs offered by the Slaughter Priests in Gore Pilgrims made me change my mind. 

I don't know. 

Went to Blood and Glory at the weekend. It was awesome. First regret, I should have stood on a chair to take this pic

5a039fd4cdc9b_G0IMG_20171104_092505_panorama.jpg.dc57cc1b21ec59bdfd934fc5e2b034ce.jpg

I took this list:

Spoiler

WoK Bloodthirster w/ Immense Power and Deathdealer (+2 damage on axe)
Bloodstoker
Gore Pilgrims
Slaughterpriest w/ Blood Sacrifice
Slaughterpriest w/ Blood Sacrifice & Brazen Rune
Slaughterpriest w/ Killing Frenzy
BloodSecrator
5 Bloodwarriors
5 Bloodwarriors
10 Blood Reavers
10 Blood Reavers
4 Khorgoraths
4 Khorgoraths
- 1990 / min 5 drops / max 12 drops

G01.JPG.d92c0ecb75e58e4efe51db09fb24e0d6.JPG

since facehammer last month I was intending on adding two khorgis and finding something harder than my LoK on Jugger. Also the LoKoJ doesnt really synergise to well with Khorgis/Monsters. Was initially thinking Skullgrinder/Slaughterbrute of LoC on Manticore. However in a spur of the moment decision I spent my money on a Bloodthirster kit and built a WoK.  Im still 100% on board with using Blood Sacrifice to get BT points, but dropped 1 in favour of Killing frenzy to boost the khorgoraths or WoK.

Apologies in advance for any shorthand, bad/inconsistent spelling of unit names, lack of detail where I lost motivation to type.. anywho

Game 1

Spoiler

Table: 27
Battleplan: Scortched Earth‎
Vs: Ironjaws (Maw Krusha, 5 brutes, 5 brutes, 10 brutes, 3 gore gruntas, 3 Gore gruntas, 2 spear chukkas, war chanter, shaman, 10 orrucs)

T1 I didnt move, a standoff with his spear chuckas firing at the Bloodsecrator
T2 standoff but generated enough bt points to fling the WoK across the board.
He shot off my bloodsecrator with spear chuckas. Wasnt too bothered, most the units can operate without too much fear of falling victim to battleshock.
Khorgoraths on left moved up the board
T3 hindsight- with us both not playing majorly aggressively I should have probably deferred here to keep a double turn in contingency.
WoK rolled poorly on murderlust run. Was whipped, popped his command trait and did another poor run roll. Then failed to get anything close to being able to connect with the Maw Krusha, he had little choice but to divert into the right hand side goregruntas. 
Turns out WoK ain't to hot against units. He wiffed his attacks.

MawKrusha wasted no time seeing that opening, charged right in. WoK dead. Typical cliché story for the debut of any shiny new model.

Subsequent turns saw the Maw rampaging forward crashing through my lines and into the backfield. He cleared out, took and burnt my middle objective. Taking 2 Slaughterpriests, a unit of reavers and 4 khorgoraths down in the process.

Meanwhile‎ I pushed up the left flank with Reavers/Khorgis. His spear chukka crew joined the brawl, I finally killed just enough to control his top left objective, but it wasn't quick enough to keep me in the game.

Major loss 17-15

Thoughts: timing- when popping Murderlust, to run run charge with WoK look to regenerate 2 x bt points from sacrifices straight away & align with killing an enemy unit with a non WoK unit during that turn :. Failed charge can be covered by a further murderlust @ start of opponents turn to retreat back where needed.

P
O
M
M
O
O
T/D
D
T
T
T
T
MP
OP

Result: Major Loss
VP/TP: 880 - 1110

G11.JPG.66baad4f5707acd1e04e4fef1d49abce.JPG

G12.JPG.4b05b8a5cfa3b228d1ce879816eefe14.JPG

G13.JPG.b63ab7f5db7fb5fda2fe289b303c0891.JPG

Game 2

Spoiler

Table: 39
Battleplan: Starstrike
Vs: Flesheater Court (30 ghouls, 6 horrors, 6 horrors, necromancer, ghoul king on ZD, Vargulf,  Crypt Haunter)

We setup almost as a mirror match. Horrors vs Khorgoraths on each flank
Zombie dragon with Ghouls vs  WoK & Bloodwarriors in the middle.

T1 op, deferred
M
Loaded up on BT points from sacrifices.
Walked the blood secrator into deadly terrain in front of my deployment zone along with a slaughterpriest.
Reavers ran fwd on right flank to bait a charge, khorgis less than 3" behind to pile in if the reavers did get hit and died.

I was slightly wider out with the Reaver screen on the left because of a house.

O edged things forward to be in range of a charge in T2

T2 starstrike #1 smack bang in the middle.
 My priority - Deferred. Wasn't really in a position to take and hold the middle without losing too much collateral in the process.

O
he took the objective with his ghouls. The zombie dragon in tow behind them.

He moved & charged his crypt horrors into the side of the khorgis on the left and heads up with the reavers on the right.
Khorgis took the charge and made some good save rolls. Then hit them back.

Reavers on the right where wiped out, khorgis could pile in and dish out damage.

M
Bloodthirster charged in on the horrors on the left.

Both horror units where dead by the end of the turn.

In hindsight- deferring meant that I got multiple rounds of combat before the horrors could regen with their characters.
His T2, my T2, and if I won priority T3 too. 
The khorgis savaged them off the table!

I moved one SP back a bit to stop the base of the zombie dragon getting behind my 3 remaining blood warriors (this actually worked as planned)

T3

Burnt BT points to run the khorgis towards the middle of the battle.

Ghouls charges the khorgis
Thought he was going to clip my WoK but he decided to avoid the combat and keep the ghouls out of 3". Don't know which way would have been better here. I was thankful he didn't. WoK was free to deal with the Zombie Dragon, but I would have certainly taken off the Ghouls down that turn with the WoK also in combat.

Zombie Dragon had to charge my Blood Warriors, he 'only' rolled a 9 for the charge and couldn't get the base over the top of them, squeeze in by my slaughterpriest while avoiding deadly terrain. Blood Warriors died.

WoK charged ZD. Death dealer and immense power, whipped, killing frenzy and the ability to rr hits vs monsters stacked up equating to 19 damage (and that was with a pretty poor damage roll). ZD died.

Ive never made such short work of killing a big model before. Khornebloodlust was firing and I made an error that almost cost me the game. I headed straight for the next character to kill without securing the middle objective. I only had 1 objective in T4 instead of 2. Could have been a costly mistake, but the Bloodthirster was on the rampage and intent on clearing out the remaining 2 characters that where left to make up for game 1s poor show- he certainly did that.
This was the first time I've ever tabled someone.

I had two objectives at the end of turn 5
‎Thankfully it ended up 17-16, my mistake was swept under the rug.

P
O
M
O
M
M
T/D
D
D
T
T
T
MP
OP
Result: Major Win
VP/TP: 2000 - 590

G21.JPG.70df743e2fb578d06d9a527cdc032930.JPG

G22.JPG.5d6fa3f1014e19dd1178d8caa0696eee.JPG

G23.JPG.9b793ef91d878e185321a62f24b632ef.JPG

G24.JPG.550a7675a85f8c1d702dd8b3ec7e672f.JPG

Game 3

Spoiler

Table: 21
Battleplan: Battle for the Pass

Vs: mixed destruction 3 Magma Dragons, Overtyrant and 3 x 10 orruks

Holy Moly 3 magma dragons and an overtyrant. Aka overtyrant Trump, from the Realm of fire. He wasn't quite as orange as his real life counterpart, but it was a good resemblance.

I had no pre prepped plan to deal with something like this. 3 magmas overloading my nearside of the board. Gulp.
Stats wise they out move everything in my army, they out shoot (well same range as slaughterpriests bloodboil) but can move + shoot and not be restricted to a pre move herophase shot.  + their combat ability doesn't take a particularly significane hit when they get damaged, it's just the rend going down from -3! and each wound is d6 damage. Painful.

To be fair he did have a bottle of fireball ?tequila maybe? and had a fair old swig on que to celebrate the dragons doing a good trick. Celebrate.. or ease the guilt of roflstomping with them.

T1
M
Usual hero phase stuff. Inc sacrifices to setup plan a) tithe points to propel the thirster forwards, I would have settled for a major loss if I could kill two dragons in the process. Odds I felt where not in my favour but wouldnt be happy without killing one at least. 

I moved forward and claimed the middle two objectives- reavers as bait in the open offering themselves up as the 3rd tithe point.‎

I think he took off the full unit of reavers with shooting. D6 mortals become 2d6 against units of 10+ and he rolled high.
Then he charged the khorgis and killed them in one.‎

T2 me taken

At the crucial moment I completely forgot to use Murderlust in the hero phase. The charge with the thirster was still possible, but it would be a 6 and not an automatic connect.

The next thing I knew my opponent was standing up throwing money in the air shouting. It was raining fake trump dollars. He played his 3x bribes from the Overtyrant to take 6" off my charge.
Gutted. The charge roll dice came up 6.. and a 5. So very close, but a 12.

His Magmas proceeded in taking the WoK down in 1 From this point on I managed to chip away and kill 1 magma in exchange for everything else that I had left on the board.

I was tabled- Major loss

P
O
M
O
M
O
T/D
D
T
T
T
T
MP
OP
VP/TP: 610 - 1990

G31.JPG.b1ac6fd4a1a0ef95e4576270c9f1ed5d.JPG

G32.JPG.e45bd8f000f60b286397aa38698e81bc.JPG

G33.JPG.bdfd1eea78cc9da2c243621a6f5cd264.JPG

Game 4

Spoiler

Table: 33
Battleplan: Duality of Death‎
Vs: Mixed Order (Cauldron, Cauldron, Battlemage, Battlemage, Dragonlord, Phoenix, 30 witch aelves, 5 doomfire warlocks, 5 doomfire warlocks, 5 liberators, 10 skinks, 10 skinks)
T1 me deferred
He marched the witchelves up supported by two cauldrons but didn't roll high enough to take the objective T1. He held back on the left side.

Me
Moved forward, but no intention of making a play for the objective yet.

T2 Opponent got priority, taken
Inspiring prescence on witch elves, failed mystic shield (without me asking for the rr roll from my banner)
He pushed forwards and claimed the right hand objective with his cauldron and the left with his phoenix.
Charged the long Battleline of witch elves and connected with both Reaver screens.

Reavers died, opening up the Khorgis to pile in. They butcheded a load of witchelves, he removed casualties to stop the second unit of khorgis attacking.

Havent ever had the joy of played a Kunnin Rukk yet, but I can only imagine its just just as mind numbingly boring as watching someone move, charge, pilein with 30 witchaelves and then rolling 50-70 dice, rerolling, rolling, rerolling. He didnt even have enough dice to do it in one batch.

WoK selfie to amuse myself while he was faffing with placements to maintain unit coherency while moving around scenery

T2/3 I had a choice over sending the WoK into the phoenix to attempt to get the left objective or into a cauldron to take the right. 
Chose the cauldron as a softer target- and less likely to be a trade off of models. I rolled like a champ. 34 of 35 damage from 5 successful hit/wounds
We only got to the end of turn 3. Wasnt much I could do in the time we had left to change the outcome of the game so stopped there.

hindsight- wish I had thought about using bloodbind to pull the Phoenix off the objective at this point. Probably wasnt in range, but im now thinking because duality of death has a cumulative points factor for length of time on the objective, you dont need to even kill their model to disrupt their max score potential

P
M
O
M

T/D
D
T
T

MP

OP

VP/TP: - 630 - 560

G41.JPG.569fb55691f0654001b3fe1db6d816c2.JPG

G42.JPG.a529da992bb80902d10fdf88f485c46b.JPG

G43.JPG.c0e1a81e2dad021fd33df995edf136ff.JPG

G44.JPG.c278bd994e467d9014a16084fd42798c.JPG

G45.JPG.1a360d30aff5fd60d6823e11cec28424.JPG

Game 5

Spoiler

Table: 45
Battleplan: Total Conquest‎
Vs: Khorne (BT of IR, Gore Pilgrims, 3 Slaughterpriests 2 Killing Frenzy 1 Bronzed Flesh, Bloodsecrator, 20 Bloodwarriors, 10 Bloodreavers, 10 Bloodreavers, 10 Skullreapers, 5 Wrathmongers)
So khorne Vs khorne. Both with a Thirster eyeing up the other with the intention of being king ofcombat.
On paper I was feeling confident I could take the crown without any problems: slaughterpriests generating blood tithe points, a blood stoker and the better command ability to run + charge meant I should be the one doing the charge rather than taking it, but it wouldnt be a given.

He deployed one unit at a time, then a partial bit of battalion 2/3 units then went back to one at a time. 
I couldn't be bothered querying it by this point. Priority wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference in turn 1‎.

T1 his priority, taken
O he moved his banner along a bit, and literally did nothing else. Not even making a move for the objective.

M failed to earn any blood tithe points- two failed sacrifices. The plan to use a super move into his beast wasn't off to a good start. It's the first game I've played with 0bt points in t1 from sacrifices and annoyingly enough this is the one game where I wanted it the most.

Moved up the left side blood warriors onto an objective. 2-1 to me on points.

Turn 2, him taken.
He planted his banner and moved stuff up the board.
Bt looked to be moving to threaten my bloodwarriors on the left.

M
His skullreapers where in range of my slaughterpriest, I used bloodbind to bring them forwards (and out of range of the wrathmongers)

Made some sacrifices, stoked right hand khorgis.
Opponent pointed out that the building I was next to was mystical. Oh ******. Major fkn error in deployment by me. I totally missed that.
The dice was out of sight on the other side of the buildings dome.
I rolled a 1 for a slaughterpriest, but passed with the khorgis, it worked out for the best!

Khorgis charged and smashed off 7 of 10 skullreapers.

His blood warriors and wrathmongers where eyeing up vengance.
Khorgoraths where going to die. Focussed on the wrathmongers with shooting and their melee attacks rather than the bloodwarriors.
Figured it would probably be easier to pin and hold back one big unit of bloodwarriors than both BWs and wrathmongers.

His Thirster charged and killed my bloodwarriors in front of the left objective. The Khorgis in the middle charged him back.

T4
O is blood warriors finished off the last of the khorgoraths on the right. I had tactfully put a second layer of reavers and blood warriors between his 20 man blob and my objective. He wouldnt be able to grind through that quick enough.

M coming close to time, asked if he wanted to play quick to see out 5 turns or call it at 4.
I would secure my own objective with 5 or gratuitously go for a bloodthirster charge into his banner if not. 
He was happy with 4.

I burned BT points to run, run, charge with WoK into his nearest Slaughterpriest and swiveled round into his banner on the pile in. 2" range on the axe
Took a punt and split the his attacks 3 and 4 respectively. They both died.

If we had gone to turn 5 I would probably have charged into the bloodwarriors instead.

It was 8-7. Might have been a different story if he had moved up in turn 1 and got his objective.

P
O
O
O
O

T/D
T
T
T
T

MP

OP

Result: Major Win
VP/TP: 1090 - 680

G51.JPG.37be54384ae45cad774f2be771b28387.JPG

G52.JPG.f80c46ea91e4c62202cf8ce89e4cdc60.JPG

G53.JPG.8a7706d4db9f69088af97156df34f078.JPG

Game 6

Spoiler

Table: 37
Battleplan: Knife to the Heart‎
Vs: Freeguild of Hammerhal (General on Horse, General on Griffon, Steamtank, Hurricanum, Battlemage, Swordmasters? freeguild guard, freeguild guard, handgunners)
Deployment:
Bloodthirster hiding behind skullkeep
Kept blood stoker near bloodthirster.
Split khorgis one unit on each flank.
Unit of khorgis on the left got a Reaver screen and a slaughterpriest.
Unit on right only got a Reaver screen.
Left the bloodsecrator, 2 x 5 bloodwarriors and final priest holding base.

Intent on using bloodbind to beckon things into range of the khorgi meat grinders.

T1 his priority, deferred
M
Sacrificed some reavers/bloodwarriors. 2bt points!
Moved middle slaughter priest fwd by himself‎ into the open but semi hidden behind a rock. 
Moved left reavers, khorgis and slaughterpriest up so the SP was just in bloodbind range of the swordsmen. 

Moved right khorgis around the skull keep and hid the bloodthirster behind it out of canon and hurricanum sight.

O
Mystic shield was cast.
The I think the hurricanum took some wounds off the right flank khorgis
Stuff moved forwards.
Canon shot to the slaughterpriest in the middle killed him.
Damage roll was 5, mental ******, I took him off. Oops. There was shooting to spare though and he is only a 5+ save, it would have probably happened anyway.

T2 my priority, I took it.
Griffon/steamtank/hurricanum where too far away to attempt any fun charges.

Used bloodbind on the greatswords in the oculum making them rage forward out into the open.
Reavers skirted off into the middle of the board forming a sort of line to stare out the freeguild.

Opted not to shoot with the khorgoraths in case I actually did well and he took off the nearest models. 
Incidentally the ‎Khorgis only just made their charge. 
If I had taken two swordsmen off in shooting that would have truly stuffed me up.
The slaughterpriest also charged he got a 9 made it into combat. ‎The swordsmen all died to the khorgis, the SP still got to pile in and dodged next to a wall out of sight from the handgunners. Phew.

Bloodthirster was biding his time still. The Bloodstoker ran down the hill to ensure he was in range to whip the bt in t3.

O
Steam tank churned forwards pelting shots at the blood secrator and the other units around my objective. Some wounds caused, but no major casualties.
The general on griffon swooped across the field and smited the remained reavers.

T3 my priorty taken
3bt points, WoK was filled with Murderlust and ran to just behind reavers/khorgis. He was subsequently whipped and made a run over the reavers leaving him w/ (I think) a 6 inch charge to take vengance on the hurricanum. He made it.
6 attacks, way too many ones to hit, but he gets a rr against heros/monsters. Then more ones to wound but thankfully he was whipped. 5 attacks wounded despite all the ones.
Deathdealer + Immense power where the saving grace as I rolled a load more ones for the d3 damage rolls. The hurricanum was off though- just.
Reavers dived out the way, a stampede of khorgis line up on the steam tank and rounded out a turn of bad dice with a further snake eyes.

The left flank Khorgis charged the griffon, but he used quicksilver potion to get the first attacks in, killing one. They caused a couple of wounds back.

O- he got priority and took it.

Handgunners popped off some reavers in the open as well as some wounds from the khorgis line of sight forced the shots to be split.

Palladors and men at arms charged the Bloodthirster. He didn't really stand a chance, survived the stormcast attacks with 1 wound remaining, attacks back didn't do anything special- the weakness of the WoK bt is unbuffed against units he is pretty swingy in effectiveness. The men at arms took his last wound and finished the job.

Khorgis took more hits from griffon- they were never going to go the distance, but they held it up long enough
One died, out of banner range, I rolled a 6 for battleshock and another one ran home.

T4 now only 45 mins left.
O his priority & taken
Handgunners Shooting + Griffon finished the last khorgi on the left. 
The steamtank moved further forward and up the hill my objective was on spewing out shots on my units. 
the freeguild guard moved and charged a slaughterpriest, only just made it and a couple got to fight, but he survived.

M
Retreated slaughter priest (sacrificed a bit of his own flesh for a bt point)
Charged the steam tank with other unit of khorgis who had been whipped by the bloodstoker.
Rolled 20 dice, it died.

T5 15 mins left
O his priority and taken
Horde of swordsmen once again mobbed my slaughterpriest a good charge roll and they went full Caesar on him making him a pincushion with their swords.
With only 3 wounds remaining he didn't stand a chance. Upside +1bt point
Griffon finished off the last khorgi.

M
3btithe points now to be burnt to move the right flank khorgis the in hero phase, + normal move put them in range to make a successful charge on the hero on griffon and they took some skulls to avenge their fallen brothers!

Incredibly close, neither of us sure who had won but ‎after adding up points I eeked a minor on vps.
Really good close fought game!

P
O
M
M
O
O
T/D
D
T
T
T