Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys,

Just thought of a list i want to try out. Please shoot at it :) (not that khorne has much shooting)

General:

Wrath of khorne BT

Slaughterborn

Crimson crown

Daemon prince of khorne

Deathdealer

Bloodsecrator

2x slaughterpriest with frenzie

Slaughterpriest with hackblade with bronzed flesh

2x30 bloodletters

1x10 blood warriors

1x10 bloodreavers

1 khorgorath 

Battalion : gore pilgrims 

1980/2000 points

Was thinking of swapping the khorgorath for another 5 bloodwarriors or swapping 5 warriors and the khorgorath for wrathmongers maybe.

I think the list is fine, but Wrathmongers sitting behind the front ranks of a formation of Bloodletters would make them truly filthy. 3 attacks each doing mortal wounds on 3s AND generating extra attacks on 3s is very very nasty.

Obviously.

Just now, Mikeboll said:

Crimson Crown is still extra attack on a 6 to hit and not on a 6 or more so I dont Think you can get extra attacks on 5+,4+,3+ and so on. Its only a flat 6 as I read it. Or have GW changed it?

GW has adressed abilities like this in there general rules FAQ/Errata.

All abilities who read like Crimson Crown are now the same as 6 or more, as before it means that competitively speaking Daemonic generals are much better as before with Bloodletters. Somewhere on page 88+ the whole Errata changes for Blades of Khorne are covered.

10 hours ago, Patapoef said:

Hey guys,

Just thought of a list i want to try out. Please shoot at it :) (not that khorne has much shooting)

Was thinking of swapping the khorgorath for another 5 bloodwarriors or swapping 5 warriors and the khorgorath for wrathmongers maybe.

Solid list, I just don't think you need/want the Daemonic Prince. In addition I'd vote Immense Power over Slaughterborn. Going from damage D3 to Dameg D3+1 is a more drastical change in practice as it is on paper.

The moment you'd remove the Daemon Prince you'd be able to add more units and typically speaking I think this works out better for Khorne armies. Even moreso because you allready have a great Bloodthirster in there.

15 hours ago, Patapoef said:

Hey guys,

General:

Wrath of khorne BT

Slaughterborn

Crimson crown

Daemon prince of khorne

Deathdealer

Bloodsecrator

2x slaughterpriest with frenzie

Slaughterpriest with hackblade with bronzed flesh

2x30 bloodletters

1x10 blood warriors

1x10 bloodreavers

1 khorgorath 

Battalion : gore pilgrims 

1980/2000 points

Similar to what I put forward on the other page. Could drop prince for Bloodstoker and another 5 warrior or if you really want Warthmongers, drop the Prince and Khorgorath and add wrathmongers and the stoker. Or just drop Prince and take Wrathmongers.

Also I've always used Immense power as Killax suggest on the Thirster. Lessens the blow if you whiff those d3 damage rolls.

17 minutes ago, Patapoef said:

I've read somewhere that priests can use 2 prayers in 1 turn. 1 bloodblessing and a bloodfueled prayer.

Is this true. Sounds kinda op to me.

You can, its not really OP its a reason why the Khorne Allegiance is cool.

You can do a Bloodfueled Prayer and Bloodblessing. Keep in mind its a 4+ and 1 hurts the Slaughterpriest.

1 hour ago, Patapoef said:

I've read somewhere that priests can use 2 prayers in 1 turn. 1 bloodblessing and a bloodfueled prayer.

Is this true. Sounds kinda op to me.

1 hour ago, Killax said:

You can, its not really OP its a reason why the Khorne Allegiance is cool.

You can do a Bloodfueled Prayer and Bloodblessing. Keep in mind its a 4+ and 1 hurts the Slaughterpriest.

Also why Gore Pilgrims is seeing so much love even with the batallion point changes. Rerolling prayers is really nice (the bloodsecrator radius increase is great too) and the tax isn't so bad. 

Also prayers aren't limited by the rule of 1!

10 minutes ago, gottog said:

Could you pls try to justify that a bit? My group start to question my list lately... :/

You add 3" twice, there is nothing specifically stopping it. You use 160 points of model to confirm a charge or run a feet.

If you look at Lord of the Blood Hunt being whipped to Fury isn't even the fastest we can go. Can't really comment on it.

If players seriously think this is borderline broken they have not looked at Teleporting or Vortex nonsence yet? ;)

8 minutes ago, Killax said:

You add 3" twice, there is nothing specifically stopping it. You use 160 points of model to confirm a charge or run a feet.

If you look at Lord of the Blood Hunt being whipped to Fury isn't even the fastest we can go. Can't really comment on it.

If players seriously think this is borderline broken they have not looked at Teleporting or Vortex nonsence yet? ;)

Thx again :). Sometimes the confirmation is needed to brake a stupor against overwhelming voices of opponents ;)

1 hour ago, gottog said:

Hi. Does Whipped to fury +3" from two Bloodstokers stacks (+6") when used on one, selected  unit in one turn?

I believe it can stack. It just says "pick a unit and add 3 inches". It's a similar mechanic to the Ironjawz Warchanter +1 to Hit ability.

There is an FAQ that says duplicate spells/abilities can stack unless stated otherwise (pg 6, second column of AoS rules FAQ).

An example of otherwise is the FAQ on the Bloodsecrator (pg 2, first column of AoS Chaos FAQ):

Rage of Khorne: Add 1 to the Attacks characteristic for melee weapons used by friendly Khorne units while they are within 18" of any models with this ability.

8 minutes ago, ReverendDangles said:

I believe it can stack. It just says "pick a unit and add 3 inches". It's a similar mechanic to the Ironjawz Warchanter +1 to Hit ability.

There is an FAQ that says duplicate spells/abilities can stack unless stated otherwise (pg 6, second column of AoS rules FAQ).

An example of otherwise is the FAQ on the Bloodsecrator (pg 2, first column of AoS Chaos FAQ):

Yeah! The AoS rules FAQ you mentioned is a the final justification here. Thx :)

On 2017-10-25 at 6:01 PM, gertat said:

So played my game yesterday with Skaarac and 6 Khorgoraths

Cant special caracters dont get command traits? As they cant get items/artefacts?

Chose Skaarac as my general but when I went to look at the charts wich command traits I could choose I couldnt figure out if he was Bloodbound, Daemon or mortal

He doesnt have the right keyword for any of them. Or are I missing something?

Bumping my own question to try getting a answer

On 25/10/2017 at 2:59 PM, Killax said:

I think it's an awesome list but we don't really know if the tag is sufficient, as the Battalion in question looks for [name=] Bloodreavers and not [keyword=] BLOODREAVERS.

This sounds a bit obtuse but I hope Games Workshop will clearify the intend for Garrek's Reavers.

If it is possible I think your good to go!

I think he is ok using Garrek's Reavers in such a manner.

There is precedent in Skarbrand counting in the Council of Blood battalion.

4 minutes ago, jazman84 said:

The subtle difference being 3-8 Bloodthirsters in the council of blood warscoll is in bold. That means it references a keyword.

The warcrolls that require bloodreavers are not in bold, therefore they only reference the Bloodreaver unit warscroll (not any unit with the Bloodreaver keyword on its warscroll)

So Skarbrand ok to be in a battallions with Bloodthirster in the unit requirements list according to the rules as written. 

Garreks reavers don't currently have that luxury. 

1 hour ago, gertat said:

Bumping my own question to try getting a answer

On top of Skaarac being a named character he is only a chaos monster.  

Even if he wasn't your right in that he doesn't have mortal, bloodbound or daemon keywords, so he wouldn't be able to take the khorne commandtraits or artifacts regardless 

:(

3 hours ago, chord said:

not currently.

Considering that since the BoK Battletome came out in April we've had an update to the FAQ/rules errata and a new general's handbook it's probably safe to say it'll stay that way for the foreseeable future? They've had multiple opportunities to stamp it out otherwise. 

12 hours ago, jazman84 said:

As @****** said, there are examples of both. Currently all Khorne Battalions who refer to Bloodreavers refer to it as being a name, not a Keyword. This has been mentioned before.

While in Council of Blood any model with Keyword Bloodthirster is legal there are also examples of names being important. For example in the Blood Hunt Battalion only a Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster can be taken or Karanak not any model with Keyword Bloodthirster or any Hero that also happens to have the Fleshhound Keyword.

Because we have these examples I personally deem it unlikely that Garrek's Reavers count as having the same name as Bloodreavers. They certainly share a Keyword but that's not what specific Battalions are currently looking for in regards to Bloodreavers.

11 hours ago, BootyKnight said:

Considering that since the BoK Battletome came out in April we've had an update to the FAQ/rules errata and a new general's handbook it's probably safe to say it'll stay that way for the foreseeable future? They've had multiple opportunities to stamp it out otherwise. 

Exactly. Despite the interesting topic regarding Slaughterpriests on this very Chaos sub-Forum it's still very easy to assume Blood Blessings like Killing Frenzy or Bronzed Flesh are actually very powerful. While in reality they arn't that amazing or all-powerful when we look at the grand spectrum of Spells Age of Sigmar offer.

In addition to that as long as the Balewind Vortex remains legal for Matched play I think there is always something to be said for any non-Monster Wizard. Then there are some Monster Wizards who hit like a ton of bricks in melee too...

Archived