Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arkiham

Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Killax said:

Same here, the Bloodthirsters have it on standard and this is why I like them too but otherwise the only "easy way" for us to obtain it is through Gorecleaver or large monsters. The Slaughterbrute and Dragon Ogor Shaggoth in particular though feel odd without Rend -2.
Now this doesn't mean we are in need of Rend but it does mean I generally tend to focus and advice with Bloodletters in mind. They have Rend but more importantly acces to Mortal wounds and this simply said matters a lot. 

In the Khorne context it's also why I still feel GH2017 Skullreapers are tad overpriced, only by 20 points but 20 points nontheless. This most certainly doesn't mean you can't use them at their current 180 point cost but it does mean that there isn't a whole lot Bloodbound specifically has going for it since the +200 points where added to The Goretide. For sure we have Gore Pilgrims and Bloodmarked Warband to remain mono Mortal but I seriously miss the option to be a fast one drop with only Bloodbound models.

@TGCMactar List looks cool to me, something different and indeed fast. Now I do want to note that Bloodcrushers still are too expensive for my liking. If you'd change those to 20 Bloodletters you'd have 100 points left which allow you to upgrade two units to 30 Bloodletters and then the list looks way better to me.

I agree. As a goretide player who used 3 units of skullreapers, the cost increase hurted me a lot :(

Edited by ledha
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just want some thoughts. Currently running 

WoK BT

Bloodsecrator

Bloodstoker

Slaughterpriest x2

Sorc on Manticore

 

Letters x30

Letter x30

Bloodwarrior x10

Reaver x10

Khorgorath

Pilgrims

 

Sorc Lord on Manticore has basically whiffed everything after about 5 games or so using him, including his attacks (even when enemy was in my territory). Maybe luck but I never even get mystic shield off.  Reckon I should just roll another Priest and be super aggressive with him and another 5 Bloodwarrior instead to take the unit to 15? As the priest I guess would be more reliable just more fragile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jaehaerys said:

Just want some thoughts. Currently running 

WoK BT

Bloodsecrator

Bloodstoker

Slaughterpriest x2

Sorc on Manticore

 

Letters x30

Letter x30

Bloodwarrior x10

Reaver x10

Khorgorath

Pilgrims

 

Sorc Lord on Manticore has basically whiffed everything after about 5 games or so using him, including his attacks (even when enemy was in my territory). Maybe luck but I never even get mystic shield off.  Reckon I should just roll another Priest and be super aggressive with him and another 5 Bloodwarrior instead to take the unit to 15? As the priest I guess would be more reliable just more fragile.

Guess it's true what they say about Khorne and casters.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ledha said:

for a melee focused army, i'm baffled by the big lack of rend-2 of the army

Im getting a Daemon Prince of Khorne with axe and wings for that very reason. Giving him the Crimson Crown as well so that he can benefit of his natural +1 to all hit rolls and getting extra attacks on 5+.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ledha said:

I agree. As a goretide player who used 3 units of skullreapers, the cost increase hurted me a lot :(

Let's be thankful, that GW actually raised point costs, even if this means buying less models for your army.

 

Not like 40K, where they gradually decreased point costs to sport huge model counts.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Pompe said:

Im getting a Daemon Prince of Khorne with axe and wings for that very reason. Giving him the Crimson Crown as well so that he can benefit of his natural +1 to all hit rolls and getting extra attacks on 5+.

If you make him general, give him slaughterborn.  It's fun with that combo.

Markus

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So with Garrek's Reavers warscroll giving him them the Bloodreavers tag being usable as a 10pt cheaper option to regular Bloodreavers plus being a really fast Blood Tithe point, what do you guys think of this list? 

 

Daemon Prince (Axe)

- General

- Slaughterborn

- Crimson Crown

Bloodsecrator

Bloodstoker

Slaughterpriest x 3

 

Blood Warriors x 10

Bloodletters x 30

Bloodletters x 30

Garrek's Reavers 

 

Skullreapers x 5

Wrathmongers x 5

 

Gore Pilgrims

 

It's a neat 2000 points. Thoughts?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BootyKnight said:

So with Garrek's Reavers warscroll giving him them the Bloodreavers tag being usable as a 10pt cheaper option to regular Bloodreavers plus being a really fast Blood Tithe point, what do you guys think of this list? 

 

Daemon Prince (Axe)

- General

- Slaughterborn

- Crimson Crown

Bloodsecrator

Bloodstoker

Slaughterpriest x 3

 

Blood Warriors x 10

Bloodletters x 30

Bloodletters x 30

Garrek's Reavers 

 

Skullreapers x 5

Wrathmongers x 5

 

Gore Pilgrims

 

It's a neat 2000 points. Thoughts?

I like it! Often taking multiple units with odd points values leaves lists 10 or 30 points over. Getting a unit of reavers for 60 purely to fill the requirements is awesome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Killax said:

@jazman84 unique list but also not legal, you need Blood Warriors for Gore Pilgrims.

Honestly I do think that the Soulgrinder points are better spend on more Infantry altogether though.

Ah ****** you're right. I misread it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BootyKnight said:

So with Garrek's Reavers warscroll giving him them the Bloodreavers tag being usable as a 10pt cheaper option to regular Bloodreavers plus being a really fast Blood Tithe point, what do you guys think of this list? 

It's a neat 2000 points. Thoughts?

I think it's an awesome list but we don't really know if the tag is sufficient, as the Battalion in question looks for [name=] Bloodreavers and not [keyword=] BLOODREAVERS.

This sounds a bit obtuse but I hope Games Workshop will clearify the intend for Garrek's Reavers.

If it is possible I think your good to go!

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Spiny Norman said:

Let's be thankful, that GW actually raised point costs, even if this means buying less models for your army.

Not like 40K, where they gradually decreased point costs to sport huge model counts.

I don't know about that, I mean yes it means less models but for an army that 9/10 times has to cross the whole battlefield in order to reach the opponent the more units (fast) the better. From a designers perspective the result of this is that I can't be thankful for them raising The Goretide with 200 additional points. It removed a large part of our list flexability to run mono Bloodbound. 

As for 40K, I still run my Chaos Space Marines with way less models as I do my Khorne army. I don't field any units of 30 for CSM. For Khorne in Age of Sigmar there is also little reason to field more as one Behemoth so large numbers is kind of our thing. A theoretical Skaarac army is awesome but much less so if you have to ebay-hunt the Khorgoraths.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I have an upcoming friendly match, 1250pts

I play pure bloodbound (for now) and he is bringing a predominately daemon tzeentch list.

This is the list I've come up with so far:

Mighty lord of khorne - General, slaughterborn

bloodsecrator - brazen rune

bloodstoker

slaughter priest - killing frenzy

10x blood warriors - goreaxes, banner, glaive

10x blood warriors - goreaxes, banner, glaive

5x skullreapers - daemonblades, banner, soultearer

3x skullcrushers - bloodglaives, banner, horn

1x khorgorath

All I know for sure is that he has a Lord of change and a changeling.

any thoughts/tips on the list would be appreciated

Edited by Retro
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Retro the army looks solid at 1500 points, what's more difficult to deal with is a Lord of Change general at 1500 points. In terms of tips I can only say, get there fast and ideally smash hard. One of the issues Blood Warriors do have is that they don't smash that hard. This can make a direct confrontation with a LoC hard to manage.

To fight back nontheless I might even be inclined to advice a Slaughterborn and Mark of the Destroyer Mighty Lord of Khorne here. It's not a guaranteed removal but if you can manage him to strike at the Lord of Change you do have a chance of dealing with the problem in a single swing. The ammount of additional attacks help here.

In the case of running Bloodletters for example I'd keep the Brazen Rune on the Bloodsecrator, no questions asked but the ammount of Rend this army presents isn't too high. This makes it difficult to chew through practically any Daemon of Tzeentch, including Horrors and the like. 

Below 2K Tzeentch is simply put a difficult opponent. I feel 2K brings the best out of most armies because certain Battle Traits feel less bended that way ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was also considering dropping the stoker for an extra khorgorath. Do you think the drop in speed is worth the extra damage?

My korgi's have always performed well. At least since the points drop and damage bump

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Retro Against Tzeentch specifically it really depends, the moment they do play things like the Changehost at 2K any form of speed bump is most certainly worth the effort.  On the other side a Khorgorath is a whole lot harder to snipe down with a Bolt or two as a Bloodstoker.

I really like Khorgorath's too but getting our guys across for me has always been more important. Then again if you are specifically set out to game at the 1.5K level I'd use more of them aswell basically for the durability and punch. 

In the end it's really up to you to test it! I feel both these models are excellent at the 80 point cost and like a Mighty Lord of Khorne vs Khorne Lord on Juggernaut discussion personal preforance plays a big part. At 1.5K the awnser to a LoC could also be a WoK Bloodthirster for example...
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Killax said:

I think it's an awesome list but we don't really know if the tag is sufficient, as the Battalion in question looks for [name=] Bloodreavers and not [keyword=] BLOODREAVERS.

This sounds a bit obtuse but I hope Games Workshop will clearify the intend for Garrek's Reavers.
 

This is a tempest in a teapot.  They have the bloodreavers keyword.  They are bloodreavers.  No TO is going to bar them as Bloodreavers because of internet hair-splitting.

FMB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Fireymonkeyboy said:

This is a tempest in a teapot.  They have the bloodreavers keyword.  They are bloodreavers.  No TO is going to bar them as Bloodreavers because of internet hair-splitting.

FMB

Not really, which is why I'd highly suggest asking about it with TO's.

Skarband is also a Bloodthirster but if a Battalion asks specifically for a Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster (name) you can't sneak Skarbrand in there.
Garrek's Reavers are also Bloodreavers but if a Battalion asks specifically for Bloodreavers (name) you can't sneak Garrek in there.

We have Battalions who look for Keywords and we have Battalions who look for specific names. Unfortunatly Gore Pilgrims looks for Bloodreavers name not Keyword Bloodreavers.

E.g.
Gore-Pilgrims.jpg

In Gore Pilgrims any model with Keyword Slaughterpriests can be used in the Battalion, the same does not apply for any other required entry.

Going by FMB´s assumption is a bad plan here.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Killax said:


To fight back nontheless I might even be inclined to advice a Slaughterborn and Mark of the Destroyer Mighty Lord of Khorne here. It's not a guaranteed removal but if you can manage him to strike at the Lord of Change you do have a chance of dealing with the problem in a single swing. The ammount of additional attacks help here.
 

For low point games I prefer Khorgus Khul since in your turn you get double the chance of his reality splitting axe working (hero phase and combat phase)   Along with re-rolling failed hit rolls.   I just throw him at the big guys in my opponents army.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Killax said:

Going by FMB´s assumption is a bad plan here.

 

If by that you mean check with a TO, sure, that's always good advice. But  I can't imagine a TO doing this.  There are few instances where the difference matters - and when all the existing BPs were formed, there was no difference between keyword and name for Bloodreavers (unlike Bloodthirsters).  My point is I can't see any TO barring them from filling a Bloodreaver slot, it would be ridiculous.  Unless some hidden combo comes up that breaks the game, they'll be eventually FAQ'd as Bloodreavers.

Edited by Fireymonkeyboy
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So played my game yesterday with Skaarac and 6 Khorgoraths

Cant special caracters dont get command traits? As they cant get items/artefacts?

Chose Skaarac as my general but when I went to look at the charts wich command traits I could choose I couldnt figure out if he was Bloodbound, Daemon or mortal

He doesnt have the right keyword for any of them. Or are I missing something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have found that a Minimum sized Brass stamed can be quite tricky for a Demon of Tzeentch to manage ^^. that 4++ Is veeery annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Fireymonkeyboy said:

Sorry - what do you mean by 4++ in this context?

FMB

The save against spell effects I believe, Brass-clad Shield.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×