Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

4 minutes ago, Killax said:

This warms the heart and indeed is the best choice of all, eventually or instantly :) 
The coolest thing is to get them all like @Chaotic Neutral offcourse!

i just love the models and now i get to try council of blood (since i already run brass stampede and blood hunt)!

IMG_3891.JPG

IMG_3894.JPG

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Chaotic Neutral I got to respect the time that went into all that. Fantastic work!

I am a huge fan of the models too as can be guessed by my activities. The best parts of the ranges really are a combination of mortals and Daemons. Having said that I must admit I am probably even a bigger fan of the range now called Bloodbound. All I really wish for is that there where more Wrathmonger helmets per box as I seem to burn through them every time ;). Though I think I'll just get more of them anyway for several reasons, most hero related.

Cheers,

8 hours ago, Killax said:

This warms the heart and indeed is the best choice of all, eventually or instantly :) 

Another thing I wondered about (and correct me if I'm wrong, which I likely am) is if regular Daemons can actually assend to Bloodthirsters. For whatever reason I have had it in my mind since I started WFB that this was the case. The prime reason why I'm suddenly comming back at it is that it would also explain to me why certain Bloodthirsters have different faces. One seems like a Bloodletter exalted, one seems like a Fleshhound exalted and the other actually has a Juggernaut face of the past...

I think the lesser demons are all just aspects of Khorne anyway, so the different Bloodthirster looks are the avatars of those aspects of the patron god, rather than reflections of their demonic roots.

Or yes.

Thanks for al the info. I'll probably get the Wrath one. Or Skarbrand.  Or mr.2handed axe guy because he looks awesome. Does his head exploding ability( outrageous-something) trigger on every wound roll of a 6? Say he rolls 3 wound rolls of 6. Does that trigger it 3 times or once?

Also is argath king of blades + devestating blow a sweet hero hunting combo or am I wrong? xD

54 minutes ago, Mikeymajq said:

Thanks for al the info. I'll probably get the Wrath one. Or Skarbrand.  Or mr.2handed axe guy because he looks awesome. Does his head exploding ability( outrageous-something) trigger on every wound roll of a 6? Say he rolls 3 wound rolls of 6. Does that trigger it 3 times or once?

Also is argath king of blades + devestating blow a sweet hero hunting combo or am I wrong? xD

Yes that does trigger multiple times. Everytime you roll a 6+ to wound :)

The combination you mention seems like a fun option, though it's not too reliable to be honest.
Personally I'd say you can't go wrong with Immense Power and the Crimson Crown for WoK or UF. In the case of the IR Bloodthirster I'd probably Slaughterborn and Crimson Crown.

4 hours ago, Killax said:

Yes that does trigger multiple times. Everytime you roll a 6+ to wound :)

The combination you mention seems like a fun option, though it's not too reliable to be honest.
Personally I'd say you can't go wrong with Immense Power and the Crimson Crown for WoK or UF. In the case of the IR Bloodthirster I'd probably Slaughterborn and Crimson Crown.

Sweet, Yeah it's only really doable against heroes, but I wanted to mitigate his poor 4+ to hit. There's a command trait that lets him reroll to hit but then you aren't getting that sweet mortal wounds on 6's to wound brootality. 

But yeah the rerolls are probably overall more useful, and should help trigger the crimson crown, nice combo :D

4 minutes ago, Mikeymajq said:

Sweet, Yeah it's only really doable against heroes, but I wanted to mitigate his poor 4+ to hit. There's a command trait that lets him reroll to hit but then you aren't getting that sweet mortal wounds on 6's to wound brootality. 

But yeah the rerolls are probably overall more useful, and should help trigger the crimson crown, nice combo :D

Exactly, re-rolls should fix the most. Though again I'd say Wrath of Khorne is your main man if you like to eventually build an army containing at least two big units of Bloodletters. In theory one could be sufficient but Bloodletters are fantastic units.

The fun thing with re-rolls and the potential to generate additional attacks is that it really makes every Bloodthirster a killer in terms of damage output when we start rolling a six or a couple once boosted. Makes the Bloodthirster matter and that's just great. Plus the Crimson Crown is probably one of the best if not the best Artefact in Blades of Khorne too.

22 hours ago, Killax said:

@Chaotic Neutral I got to respect the time that went into all that. Fantastic work!

I am a huge fan of the models too as can be guessed by my activities. The best parts of the ranges really are a combination of mortals and Daemons. Having said that I must admit I am probably even a bigger fan of the range now called Bloodbound. All I really wish for is that there where more Wrathmonger helmets per box as I seem to burn through them every time ;). Though I think I'll just get more of them anyway for several reasons, most hero related.

Cheers,

it's a sickness...

IMG_3901.JPG

IMG_3896.JPG

IMG_3898.JPG

IMG_3900.JPG

Incredible work!

Also funny considering the latest Nurgle Warscrolls, that moment you figure out that all that armour on the  Bloodthirsters does absolutely nothing in AoS :P;) 

dark feast, murderhost and bloodthunder stampede.
this is my fifth complete army (i've been playing since 3rd).
i am contemplating adding all the new models to my nurgle mortal/daemon collection.

IMG_3904.JPG

IMG_3905.JPG

IMG_3907.JPG

1 hour ago, jazman84 said:

The powercreep is real.

:P Ah well! I just think that sometimes it's good to look at 40K and see the save there and hope that eventually someone will notice for AoS ;) The sculpt and abilities are still rocking but there are some design choices I still don't get. I also believe that the Drone Knights will have the Daemon Keyword, which furthermore begs to ask the question why Lord on Jugger and Skullcrushers don't.

Hi all, I’m going to be attending heat 3 at Warhammer world in June so looking to get a list semi-formalised, so I can get as much practice in as possible

Im thinking of taking a blood reaver heavy force (2x 40), a unit of 30 bloodletters, 6 skull crushers, a warshrine, two blood stokers, a bloodsecreator, two units of 5 wrathmongers and MLOK on foot.

Not particularly subtle - hey diddle diddle, straight down the middle - smashing things up, but with some good overlapping and synergy.

I’m not aiming for top table heroics but not last would be nice! Any thoughts?

@The ape I think your force certainly has the numbers so you could do something interesting with that. The downside of this footslogging army seems the lack of speed though which make it really heavy for this type of force to survive through medium to heavy shooting armies. I do like the MLoK and double Stoker so speed shouldn't be the largest issue.

Good luck mate!

4 hours ago, The ape said:

Hi all, I’m going to be attending heat 3 at Warhammer world in June so looking to get a list semi-formalised, so I can get as much practice in as possible

Im thinking of taking a blood reaver heavy force (2x 40), a unit of 30 bloodletters, 6 skull crushers, a warshrine, two blood stokers, a bloodsecreator, two units of 5 wrathmongers and MLOK on foot.

Not particularly subtle - hey diddle diddle, straight down the middle - smashing things up, but with some good overlapping and synergy.

I’m not aiming for top table heroics but not last would be nice! Any thoughts?

As Killax says you will be having some issues with speed. If I was to make some changes to the list I would drop the Blood letters for a small battle line unit, and add in some extra Cav, (Knights Horsemen, even some allied chaos Hounds. Anything that has a good 12"+ move with a run, It will let you support the two units that you use the Blood Stokers on. 

On 05/01/2018 at 9:40 AM, Chaotic Neutral said:

i just love the models and now i get to try council of blood (since i already run brass stampede and blood hunt)!

IMG_3891.JPG

IMG_3894.JPG

How does the Brass Stampede go? I can acquire a number of Jugs relatively cheap. Does it delete jist about anything you throw it at?

12 minutes ago, The ape said:

@Uveron I was thinking of two units of 3 skull crushers and two MLOK on  juggers as a possible option

Skull Crushers are kinda slow for Cav. 

I was thinking Knights have 10, as do Warhounds and I think Horse men are even faster.  

22 hours ago, Uveron said:

As Killax says you will be having some issues with speed. If I was to make some changes to the list I would drop the Blood letters for a small battle line unit, and add in some extra Cav, (Knights Horsemen, even some allied chaos Hounds. Anything that has a good 12"+ move with a run, It will let you support the two units that you use the Blood Stokers on. 

I use chaos warhounds with my khorne army. It's a guaranteed 16" run. Granted they suck in combat but are good for movement

3 hours ago, Mikeymajq said:

Gw lists khorne dogs as being on 50mm bases but I've never seen anyone use that. Do people use the oval cavalry bases or are they different in size?

I have them on those now. But purposefully didn't make the bases look awesome because I don't know if they will remain on those bases.
As seen above some people do use the oval cavalry bases. But they are indeed different from a 50mm round base. In addition the 50mm round base is still used in 40k more often and this is why I have them on that.

But if I'm completely honest Fleshhounds arn't really a must buy or must get. I think many of us are still secretly hoping for a plastic set because the MLoK has one in plastic and the Shadespire Warband of Blood Warriors from the future will have one in plastic too.

36 minutes ago, Mikeymajq said:

Ah I have some meh conversions I made a few years back and stuck them on 50mm bases, since then I've only seen others use the oval bases. And it looks a lot better xD

I think typically models who are quadrupal look great on the ovals but at the same time I think those who are bipedal actually look better on a round base. For example I still envision my Khorgorath actually surfing on his base :P 

Archived