Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

The new nurgle rotbringer spell Blade of Putrification grants mw on hit of 6 plus in addition to any other damage. 

Does that mean we could make letters pump out 2 mw on each hit of 5 plus when over 20 in unit?

Edit: nevermind realised it probably an allegiance spell rather than something on a new warscroll. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Jaehaerys said:

The new nurgle rotbringer spell Blade of Putrification grants mw on hit of 6 plus in addition to any other damage. 

Does that mean we could make letters pump out 2 mw on each hit of 5 plus when over 20 in unit?

Edit: nevermind realised it probably an allegiance spell rather than something on a new warscroll. 

It reads as though that is a spell you can pick if you have the rotbringers allegiance.

So you may be able to combo with bloodletters (depends if there are any restrictions not shown in the snip on the community website), but the bloodletters may have to be allies to a nurgle based army

12 minutes ago, ****** said:

It reads as though that is a spell you can pick if you have the rotbringers allegiance.

So you may be able to combo with bloodletters (depends if there are any restrictions not shown in the snip on the community website), but the bloodletters may have to be allies to a nurgle based army

Yea saw that on a second glance

Khorne Allegiance Bloodmarked Warband.

Drop Battalion first, Sayl second.

1st Turn: Marauder Horsemen start the Blood Tithe train. Chaos Warriors seize objectives and screen heroes. Sayl assists where required.

2nd Turn: MLoK activates Gorelord, 3 units in 24" roll 3 charge dice. Blood Tithe, Bloody Exemplar, LoKJ activates Blood Stampede, 3 charging units in 24" get +1 to Wound. Bloodsecrator activates Portal of Khorne, all units in 18" +1 Attack. LoKJ charges, if he kills 1 enemy model, all units in 16" +1 attack.

If enemy kills Bloodsecrator, Raised to Glory creates Doom Knight / Aspiring Champion / Horsemaster Hero. These champions already have +1 hit or +1 attack and gain +1 attack. If new hero kills 1 enemy model, all units in 16" gain +1 attack (Blood Rage). Raised to Glory creates Blood Tithe to fuel Gorelord / Blood Stampede combination.

3rd/4th Turn: Crimson Rain heals D3 wounds per model. With 64 multi-wound models on the table (54 with Runeshields), Crimson Rain heals 64 wounds on a D1 roll. 14 of these models have enough wounds to benefit from a D2. 

Heroes

140 - Mighty Lord of Khorne (General): Berserker Lord

140 - Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut: Gorecleaver

120 - Bloodsecrator: Brazen Rune

160 - Sayl the Faithless & Nightmaw

Battle Line

360 - 20 Chaos Warriors w/Halberd & Runeshields

360 - 20 Chaos Warriors w/Halberd & Runeshields

120 - 20 Chaos Marauders w/Barbarian Axe & Darkwood Shield

Heavy

320 - 10 Chaos Knights w/Chaos Glaive & Runeshield

90 - 5 Marauder Horsemen w/Javelin & Darkwood Shield

90 - 5 Marauder Horsemen w/Javelin & Darkwood Shield 

Battalions

100 - Bloodmarked Warband

I've probably missed something, or perhaps some part of this is illegal. Criticism welcome and encouraged.

Sabre

Looks solid to me, there arn't too many Mortal wounds for this list but quantity is plenty. I do think that your idea is reasonably solid. Keep in mind that the heal is 4 Blood Tithe points and while it's cool on paper I would say Apopletic Frenzy is often stronger. The heal as far is I know does not return dead models for example and thus the wounds healed often arn't that many as described. However there are a couple of bombs in here and I like that.

Cheers, 

6 minutes ago, Mikeymajq said:

What's the verdict on bloodthirsters? I'm considering getting one despite the price. Or Skarbrand. But it's one hellova investment for my budget xD

Short answer: Get one!

Longer answer: depends what the rest of your army consists of and how you want to use them/him.

Wrath of Khorne would be my preference, mainly for the command ability in that he can charge from way out (esp if combo'd with 3 blood tithe points) add to the fact that he can really smash other characters/monsters if you kit him out right with artifacts/traits

None of them are particularly good at taking a hit though

Yeah they look kinda squishy on paper. Something to mitigate or is it better to lean into their damage potential?

What are some good combos and synergies?

I got mostly bloodbound and a start collecting khorne daemons +10 extra bloodletters and 10 khorne dogs.

9 hours ago, Killax said:

For fans of Khorne, you can pick up this fantastic book with the start of Khorne's design soon in Warhammer World.

24594361047_217f00c71d_o.jpg

Hope to pick it up somewhere in the future.

Cheers,

Amazing, I had realm of chaos when it first came out. Loved the rules for renegades and champions. I think I still have my first copy but if not may have to pick it up again 

3 hours ago, Mikeymajq said:

What's the verdict on bloodthirsters? I'm considering getting one despite the price. Or Skarbrand. But it's one hellova investment for my budget xD

The Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster is amazing. They are great for 40K (all) but in general I would pick them if you have at least two units of Bloodletters, preferably 30. They don't do anything in particular for mortals but are amazing for Daemons.

Adding Immense Power (Command Trait) and The Crimson Crown (Artefact) makes the Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster something well worth his 330 points, his Command Ability kicks ass and allows you to chew on the skulls of your opponent.

While it's certainly true that opponents can remove it with enough effort there is a lot that the Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster brings. In my experience again it's worth it with sufficient large units of (nicely discounted) Bloodletters. The sum up:
- Immense Power and Crimson Crown make him very killy in combat (and all Bloodletters around him)
- Blows D3 auto Mortal wounds
- Re-roll hits against Heroes and Monsters
- Unbind spells +2 on the roll

Basically he rocks!

51 minutes ago, Praecautus said:

Amazing, I had realm of chaos when it first came out. Loved the rules for renegades and champions. I think I still have my first copy but if not may have to pick it up again 

I'm super hyped about it too. My nephew used to have one but his parents binned it after the front was ripped off due to age. It's also why I really want to get one. There isn't too much relevant AoS stuff in there but it is the true start of Khorne. There is also some artwork and concept in there that left WFB and was added later in AoS. One thing we do miss currently though is the Blood Stones. Perhaps something GW will come back to later :P 

Yeah I'd be open for all kinds of fun stuff. Don't need gun arms ******, but am not opposed to a skull-hurler gun arm ;) 

In general though I'd love the book because it's full of inspiration. So is the Hate comic by Adrian Smith btw. Something I'm tinkering with is this for the next MLoK. He will likely have more added trophies offcourse.

image.png.339cdb6d590608d962c161cb441fbc7e.png

In general though I also wish I had my 5th edition Chaos Armybook. Tons and tons of great stuff is in there too. Including the artwork that I believe is the reason why our Bloodthirster is jumping out of the fire on top of a bunch of skulls. Fun stuff, great art:

image.png.32200902af98a47ee10813d2c13f4eb4.png

Looking forward to what kinds of conversions you guys have planned or made.

Cheers,

41 minutes ago, Chaotic Neutral said:

just get them all like i did.

IMG_3889.JPG

This warms the heart and indeed is the best choice of all, eventually or instantly :) 

Another thing I wondered about (and correct me if I'm wrong, which I likely am) is if regular Daemons can actually assend to Bloodthirsters. For whatever reason I have had it in my mind since I started WFB that this was the case. The prime reason why I'm suddenly comming back at it is that it would also explain to me why certain Bloodthirsters have different faces. One seems like a Bloodletter exalted, one seems like a Fleshhound exalted and the other actually has a Juggernaut face of the past...

What is very cool offcourse about the Bloodthirster is that his design certainly stems from the first ones who had different heads and gear aswell. I love that they brought this back and I will say that the Bloodthirster is certainly one of my most favourite models from Games Workshop still.
Bloodthirster.jpg

It just fits the bill of a visually scary and powerful daemon ready to announce the end of the world. The only gripe I have with their designs in AoS is probably there not being an option for them to easily gain 3+ armour through an Artefact. It would be fitting considering the kit gives you the option to armour him up, it would be fitting as a nod to the past and even in 40K they kept this part of his deal in.
Now even without that the Bloodthirster does kick butt! :) 

Lastly it's also not difficult to magnetize if people want to go that route: http://ondskapt-modelisme.blogspot.nl/2015/03/aimanter-un-buveur-de-sang-magnetize.html

The coolest thing is to get them all like @Chaotic Neutral offcourse! Its a pitty that the GW wasnt complete with Warhammer Community site and all to cover the awesomeness of this model.

Archived