Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

4 hours ago, Killax said:

WoK BTs are just great with multiple Bloodletter units. Also test SP with Blood Tithe spell to double Command Ability the Bloodletter units to make Sayl-like jumps ;)

Can the WoK's Command Ability be used twice a turn?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, gottog said:

Ok,  I thought that Bloody Exemplar does not allow to use 2 times the same CA.

I was under the impression that you could but I have not considered the latest BT FAQ for this and "another" might well mean that he can use only an other Command Ability?

In any case last time I played it I did it twice but this might be illigal. Ive not used the combo lately...

If its illigal nvm offcourse!

On 17/12/2017 at 10:10 PM, ledha said:

I came back ! My ass is still red from all the kicking, but it was instructive ! 

My second game was again a fyreslayer list. 3x30 vulkite, runeson on magmadroth, one battlesmith, two runesmitters, 12 skywarden, and the kinband warscroll bataillion, giving two shooting phase to his vulkite as well as better pile-in move. It was  the Starfall battleplan). 

Well, what can i say ? Even with 3000 pts, i don't know if i could beat 3x30 vulkite. 4+ rerollable save with a 4+ invulnerable and 180 shots with them alone, pile-in of 4/5 in average and long charge made them unstoppable. I prevented all teleportation, so he teleported in front of me, charged with everyone, and destroyed my troops little by little, even if my ultra armored troops (bloodwarriors and skullreapers with 1+ save!) were able to hold a bit, until he hold the rend-2 and ****** everything up. I completely bounced of his list. At the end, i was nearly tabled, but the remnant of my troops gave me the lead in the scenario, at 9-8. However, in my area, we have a system that include kill point (to prevent someone to win even when he was utterly destroyed, or to reward the guys who was a bit more efficient than the other), and finished way behind

It sucks that it came down to kill points. To be honest that's something i do not understand, the point is that a player can concentrate his list and play on just killing your opponent. If a player wins by objectives when he was majorly destroyed, to me that's a very sweet victory, one where you had to sacrifice everything you got to be able to get that win. I ussually take handicapped lists and most of my wins are that way, it also allows new players to get a better understanding of the game, while they are having fun crushing your models.

I want to face vulkites, but noone around here has the horde (it's very pricey) so i am just a sad panda, because i would like to see how they work against a full murderhost.

Yeah, that's how it is commonly used,  we use it as tertiary point, not a second one. First it's victory, defeat or draw. Then a victory is measured on the difference on victory points first, not kill points (and tables to see how many points that victory gives you). It is not the same to win 9-8 or to win 15-0. If that's not enough you get into actual kill points to break possible ties. 

If I understand this correctly does having 3 slaughter priests with killing frenzy on a unit of 30 bloodletters near a WOK bloodthirster who has crimson crown mean that the bloodthirster's inflict mortal wounds and get an extra attack on a 2+ with the ability to re-roll 1s? +3 from 3x killing frenzy +1 from unit size.

1 hour ago, Darksteve said:

If I understand this correctly does having 3 slaughter priests with killing frenzy on a unit of 30 bloodletters near a WOK bloodthirster who has crimson crown mean that the bloodthirster's inflict mortal wounds and get an extra attack on a 2+ with the ability to re-roll 1s? +3 from 3x killing frenzy +1 from unit size.

Yeah beautiful isnt it?

1 hour ago, Darksteve said:

Yep, I think there are a few other ways to get to that point as well. 

But it is 'fairly' easy.

One of the most beautiful things about Bloodletters is how many ways you can go with them within Khorne lists. For sure we have similar depth with other units too but the Mortal wound quantity Bloodletters can produce still in my experience give us one very competitive edge against other armies. Unless offcourse they have saves that can still be rolled for regardless of Mortal wounds ;) 

Next weeks will be great though as I'm abe to create some more bases for my armies and even do some conversions here and there. 

Cheers,

Cats and dogs, are you interested in some non-GW very Khorne relatable 28mm stuff?

Edit: I'll share it anyway because it's in my basket now :P 

The Sentinel for your Khornate tree festivities:
the_sentinel_box_art_01.jpg

Because you sometimes want a Dragonskull for your army display board:
PFWorks_DragonSkull01.jpg

Because you love Games Workshop's new skull kit but you still need some larger skulls and bones:
Figone_ossements01.JPG

And later this year, HATE, by Cmon:
20954027_1550303118363923_86218259438609

On 12/12/2017 at 9:17 AM, Uveron said:

Well thats I think going to be my plan! 

Now time to start planning some good looking conversions for the Priests! (I hate running stock models, so I head swaps and weapon re-posing at a minimum) I think the big Axe will end up on the guy with the blade and the chains, to make it look like he is in mid swing with it. 

Well I got the Slaughterpriest for christmas, managed to get this conversion done last night. (Still Needs Greenstuff to clean up the joints, and mould lines to be filed off). 

What do you all think! 

20171225_224124.jpg.48a3306be37f9c8d02beb34baaa03b5a.jpg 

8 hours ago, jazman84 said:

I have 30 Bloodletters, game-wise I want more, but the models are horrible in my opinion. Has anyone on here substituted any other model for them as I'd like to do the same. Preferably a citadel or FW mini.

Well that's a difficult one, I personally do like the models but they need a little bit of conversion work to really shine. However there are still cool substitutes if you can find them. Those being:

- Beastmen-like Bloodletters (2002)
Bloodletters-1999-2.jpg

- Beefletters (1997)
bloodletters-1999.jpg

Both are from GW so completely legal to use. I don't know any 3rd party who has other cool demon looking models that arn't Plaguebearers or Daemonettes. Especially the latter two have a lot of 3rd party options, for Khorne, not so much. They are rather difficult to obtain though. I have 10 of both but prefer the plastic models.

If you want to I can show some conversion steps to make them look a little more interesting? 

On 21/12/2017 at 4:39 PM, Keldaur said:

I want to face vulkites, but noone around here has the horde (it's very pricey) so i am just a sad panda, because i would like to see how they work against a full murderhost.

Trust me its not a lot of fun. One of my main opponents has been playing fyreslayers since release and I thought vulkites were a bit much when they cost cost 480 points for 30... At least you only had to chew through 60 back then.

Now they got a 150 points discount they are just toxic. And with the rune abilities giving them army wide double damage, extra rend, extra moves etc its just no fun at all.

I think a murderhost might do quite well against them. I do ok running an executioner heavy Darkling Covens or mixed order list which is similar in relying on fragile troops with high mortal wound output. My Khorne army ( mostly bloodbound with 30 'letters, a WoK BT and some flesh hounds) just bounces off them though. Its really depressing when your bloodthirster charges in kills 2 models if you are lucky and then get slaughtered by tiny naked dudes that look like they would struggle to cut his toenails let alone his throat!

They are beatable of course, character assassination and high combat mortal wounds being good strategies for me so far but the games are never very enjoyable because you are just rolling loads of dice and nothing much is happening.

Makes me nervous for the nurgle tome. Nurgle vs fyreslayers could be the ultimate pillow fight!

15 hours ago, Killax said:

Well that's a difficult one, I personally do like the models but they need a little bit of conversion work to really shine. However there are still cool substitutes if you can find them. Those being:

- Beastmen-like Bloodletters (2002)
Bloodletters-1999-2.jpg

- Beefletters (1997)
bloodletters-1999.jpg

Both are from GW so completely legal to use. I don't know any 3rd party who has other cool demon looking models that arn't Plaguebearers or Daemonettes. Especially the latter two have a lot of 3rd party options, for Khorne, not so much. They are rather difficult to obtain though. I have 10 of both but prefer the plastic models.

If you want to I can show some conversion steps to make them look a little more interesting? 

Yeh. The metal ones are cool but very expensive for 30.

I'd like to know what you did to your plastic Letters

22 hours ago, jazman84 said:

Yeh. The metal ones are cool but very expensive for 30.

I'd like to know what you did to your plastic Letters

Hey missed the last part.

I went for all holding the sword high, many with the other hand near the sword. Others have flaming skull in hand from Greenstuffworld and face tabards from Spellcrow.

Pics soon! Working on Jason inspired Slaughterpriest, should probably add more skulls?

20171229_000930.jpg

Archived