Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

46 minutes ago, Pathies said:

Very true,  alternatively, I could make a bit of a clean swap between the skull crushers and a unit of 40 reavers without missing a beat with the battalion, what do you think?

You can.  You can also drop the 10 x Blood Warriors for 40 Marauders 

Depends on how well the Skull Crushers and Lord work together.  

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Uveron said:

You can.  You can also drop the 10 x Blood Warriors for 40 Marauders 

Depends on how well the Skull Crushers and Lord work together.  

Thanks for pointing that out, I’m not really experienced with slaves in aos so i occasionally forget about the option to take those units instead! I would think it would work better to replace the blood warriors since there are already quite a few Melee threats with knights, reapers, and skullcrushers 

Okay, so I took the plunge and managed to get the Khorne half of the starter-set cheaply off Ebay - so this has given me a Mighty Lord, Bloodsecrator, Khorgie, Bloodstoker, Blood Warriors and Blood Reavers as a very small starting force. My plan is to get the Bloodbound Start Collecting box around Christmas which I believe would get me to 1000 points. What would be the best advice moving forwards in terms of units and heros to buy on the route to 2000 points?

Obviously I'm taking the Mortal route currently but am not averse to adding some Daemons later down the line. I tend to play objective based matched-play with friends and am not currently a tournament-player, but wouldn't mind one day giving one a go!

Thanks in advance for the advice and looking forward to being a part of Team Khorne!

8 minutes ago, Duck1986 said:

Okay, so I took the plunge and managed to get the Khorne half of the starter-set cheaply off Ebay - so this has given me a Mighty Lord, Bloodsecrator, Khorgie, Bloodstoker, Blood Warriors and Blood Reavers as a very small starting force. My plan is to get the Bloodbound Start Collecting box around Christmas which I believe would get me to 1000 points. What would be the best advice moving forwards in terms of units and heros to buy on the route to 2000 points?

Obviously I'm taking the Mortal route currently but am not averse to adding some Daemons later down the line. I tend to play objective based matched-play with friends and am not currently a tournament-player, but wouldn't mind one day giving one a go!

Thanks in advance for the advice and looking forward to being a part of Team Khorne!

If keeping cheep,

• I would hunt on ebay for some more Blood Reavers.  An extra 10 will go along way. 
  • I would try and find a cheep 'gorechosen' box game. help grab the extra heroes 
  • Start Collecting Slaves to Darkness is also a good step for some other units. (The Chaos Sorcerer Lord can be used as an allie, or conversion foder for a 3rd Slaughter priest, Replace staff Top with a big Axe head, and use a Khornate head) 
  • and the  Slaves to Darkness Harbingers of Ruin box if you can find it is also a good saving. 

Together that gives you a respectable collection that should rock in over 2000 points. 

Make sure to pick up the blades of khorne book so you have access to everything e.g. Battalions.

Most mortal armies seems to be the girepilgrim build and good news is you are part way there, you just need 1 more slaughter priest.

I would consider picking up 5 more starter blood warriors to round your starter 5 to 10, concert one to glaive and one to banner.

Khorgorath are a lot of fun, I use two spawn on oval bases as count as khorgies so I have 3 in total.

You need a bruiser hero eg lord on juggernaut, you could kitbash one of your skullcrushers to the lord.

The main thing a mortal army misses is speed, I got over that with some gore beast chariots - they synergies nicely with blood stoker and mighty lord. Marauder horsemen are not bad for us too, I don't have any yet but they add a fast range attacks.

You then need elites, earth mongers are good v monsters and reapers good v hordes. Get some spare blood warrior legs and you can make both units from one box - frenzied goretribe comes w 3 spare warriors Who can donate legs, get 2 more and you are laughing. 

Last night my Khorne mortals took on a death army, playing duality of death. Only my second battle with the list so ended up losing. 

The positives for me

Remembered most of the buffs and kept most of the army together. The impact of synergies is fantastic

Khorgoraths, star players as 2 took out his morghasts and survived

Bkood tithe 1 and 2 are awesome, stopping curse of years and that horrible double pile in spell was very useful

Priests, 2 prayers in a hero phase is great, love the ability to pull models. Cleared one objective but didn't quite get Arkhan off the second

Gorechariots love khorne buffs - whipped to fury plus the 3 charge dice is a nasty combo

What could have gone better

Deathless minions, really negated damage output and was a contributor to losing.

Having units out of range, cost me a unit of skull reapers who saw red and charged right upfield out of range of the other buffs

Forgetting some key buffs and abilities at random times. Experience will help there

Dealing with the zombie horde; oddly dealing with the weakest models gave me the hardest time. I just could not get enough damage out to deal with them before they overwhelmed units piecemeal. 

Otherwise it was a lot of fun and I am itching to get them out again. Some clear points where I need experience.

Finally, the blood warriors taking on the grave guard - would have been victorious if I had remembered they should have been immune to battleshock

IMG_0503.PNG

Looking to break out the Khorne agin for a few games after my foray into Ironjawz. Haven’t played a game with them under GHB17. Thoughts on this (non-tournament) list? Looks like it could be fun and won’t require me to paint too much more that I have ready now:

Allegiance: Khorne
Bloodsecrator (120)
Mighty Lord Of Khorne (140)
- General
- Trait: Violent Urgency  
- Artefact: The Blade of Endless Bloodshed  
Skullgrinder (80)
- Artefact: Gorecleaver  
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Blood Sacrifice
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy
Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Wrathhammer (100)
- Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
- Goreaxes
- 1x Goreglaives
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
- Goreaxes
- 1x Goreglaives
40 x Bloodreavers (240)
- Meatripper Axes
5 x Skullreapers (180)
- Daemonblades
- 1x Soultearers
5 x Wrathmongers (180)
5 x Wrathmongers (180)
Gore Pilgrims (180)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 2000 / 2000

I would be tempted to give your blood secrator brazen run for the magic protection and 1 of auto unbind. Useful if you need to move him which makes your priests a bit more flexible. Maybe drop the blade of endless bloodshed for it.

I am fan of blood stoker. Both his buffs are potent and will get units into combat faster. Maybe drop a priest for him.

In my battles so far the khorgorath have been excellent value. In my last battle two took out 2 morghasts and survived. I would consider rejigging to getsome in, I take 3.

Hello everyone,

This is a list that I have been kicking around. I feel it has the potential to be competitive. Please let me know what you all think

Allegiance: Khorne

Leaders

Bloodsecrator (120) - Artefact : The Brazen Rune

Slaughterpriest (100) - Blood Blessing : Killing Frenzy

Slaughterpriest (100) - Blood Blessing : Bronzed Flesh

Bloodstoker (80)

Sayl The Faithless (120) - Allies

Daemon Prince of Khorne (160) - General - Command Trait : Immense Power - Artefact : The Crimson Crown

Units

30 x Chaos Warriors (480) -Halberd & Shield - Mark of Chaos : Khorne

20 x Chaos Marauders (120) -Axes & Shields - Damned Icon - Mark of Chaos : Khorne

10 x Bloodreavers (70) -Meatripper Axes

5 x Blood Warriors (100) -Goreaxes

30 x Bloodletters (270) - Gore Drenched Icon

Battalions

Gore Pilgrims (180)

Scenery Balewind Vortex (100)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 2000 / 2000 Allies: 120 / 400 Leaders: 6/6 Battlelines: 5 (3+) Behemoths: 1/4 Artillery: 0/4

So this list does a few things...

1.) Teleporting buffed Chaos Warriors around - 60 wounds that is hard to shift (Mystic Shield and/or Bronzed Flesh can make them a 2+ rerolling 1's for unit size) I gave them all halbards so they can fight in ranks and potentially put out 90 attacks because of the bloodsecrator giving them +1 attack. It might not have rend, but it can put out numbers. I can also use them to tar pit other units or just lock down an objective. If you use the bloodstoker to stoke them, the only need to roll a 5 to get the charge off after teleporting. Because the hornblower also gives +1

2.) Balewind Vortex bumping my daemon prince up a free 3 inches. Then if you stoke him and start him on the 12" line, you are making a first turn charge potentially (if the opponent deployed aggressively - Or just taking down a key piece. If you give him the Killing Frenzy buff, he is getting extra attacks on a 4+ now (with Crimson Crown).  He has Immense power, so if the opponent isn't making the saves with his -2 rend, then it it basically taking the thing out. (even if he is killed the next turn, he was 160 points and likely killed a 300+ point model in return)

3.) Teleport the Chaos Marauders to take an easy objective, or to put out just a little bit more combat - They aren't really that bad if buffed.

4.) 30 x Bloodletters - Mortal Wound output and a lot of bodies

5.) Blood Warriors and Bloodreavers are really there to protect the bloodsecretor and/or take objectives.

6.) Balewind also helps with making sure I can reach the chaos warriors unit far away to give them mystic shield every turn, or to take off the last point or two of damage with arcane bolt.

@Drheroism I like the idea a lot. Minor point, but I'm not sure that the Balewind is worth the 100 points to push the DP 3" on summoning. It seems situational - I'm sure in some cases it would be great, while in others it might not. Reasons it might not be worth it: 1) Sayl is your only spellcaster and you'll want him to be casting his teleport + mystic shield. 2) Daemon Prince is a squishy, big target and could also get shot off early, prior to summoning a Balewind. I might drop the Balewind and bump up the BWs to 10. Definitely worth a play test though!

See my list idea below, which has some resemblance to yours (Sayl, Crimson Crown).

On 11/22/2017 at 6:53 PM, Agent of Chaos said:

Stoking the warriors before sling-shotting them with Sayl is a great strategy! This could work with Chaos Knights as well.

I've been thinking about this combo with knights, plus the Lord of Chaos on Daemonic mount for +1 to hit and rerolling charges on the knights. The biggest downside is if you buff up the knights but then fail Sayl's spell and can't get them in. Depending on the scenario and turn, you could still position the knights for a long charge even without Sayl. Making sure to get the most of the Lord of Chaos' Daemon keyword, if I wanted this list to be competitive I'd throw in heavy Bloodletters too. One version of the list might be:

Leaders:

Lord of Chaos on Daemonic Mount (Crimson Crown)

Sayl the Faithless

Bloodsecrator

Bloodstoker

Slaughterpriest (Killing Frenzy)

Slaughterpriest with Hackblade (Bronzed Skin)

Units:

30 Bloodletters

30 Bloodletters

10 Bloodreavers

5 Blood Warriors

20 Marauders

5 Chaos Knights

5 Chaos Knights

Battalions:

Gore Pilgrims

In terms of how it works: Buff up a unit of  knights with the Bloodstoker, Lord of Chaos on Daemonic Mount, and Slaughterpriests. If everything went to plan (aka. Slaughterpriests get buffs off), the unit would now have: +2 to hit, +1 armor save, +3 to run/charge from stoker, (+1 with hornblower), re-rolling charges. Teleport with Sayl. Plant Bloodsecrator banner for +1 attack, though chances are they might be out of range at this point. Charge key target (assuming you can make a 5-inch charge in two tries). 

Meanwhile, while the enemy is hopefully distracted, push up the 60 Bloodletters, and other unit of knights. Probably try to keep Sayl near enough to cast Traitorous mist on the other unit of knights in next turn for more teleporting fun. Also consider teleporting Marauders later game for objective shenanigans. 

This list could struggle against well-executed bubble wrapping and chaff and probably wouldn't be amazing from an objective-holding standpoint, but I think that it could put out serious damage. Also could be annoying if Sayl failed his spell, but even if you were able to cast it successfully once for a fully buffed unit of knights, I think it could be really effective.

I think it sounds like a really fun list. Of course I don't have any of the StD stuff, so I can't play it...yet.... ;)

4 hours ago, Drheroism said:

@Render I really like your list idea. I may see about giving it a try and seeing how it does.

I almost think I like the idea of making the two 5 man chaos knights units into one 10 man unit. 

Yeah, that could work as well - each way would have its perks. I probably won't be playing the list anytime soon for a variety of reasons, so I'd love to hear how it fares! Let me know if you give it a go.

4 hours ago, Killax said:

@Render go for it! List looks solid enough to me, though with just two Slaughterpriests I always wonder if it's worth going Gore Pilgrims for. The additional abilities are great but one of those will hang back with the Bloodsecrator. Other than that the list looks solid!

Agreed, I  prefer three as well. With the way the list is designed though, I don't really think it's possible to drop any other leaders, so would just have to see how it fares with only two. Hopefully @Drheroism can let us know soon!

Todays Question. 

Khornate Deamon Prince. 

What set up would you take presuming the following factors. 

He will be your General, He is working with no other Daemons, He has an Artifact. 

My Gut is to take;

Demonic Axe, (Traiding the +1 to hit, for the Extra Rend) 

Immense Power for the Trait, (Extra Damage is always Good) 

Mark of the Slayer. (re-rolls to hit, for him and other units is good and better than extra hits on a 5+ that only effect him). 

Does anyone have any good ideas? 

Definitely go the axe & Immense Power is always great and Mark of the Slayer is not a bad choice at all, assuming other khorne units will keep within 8" of him.

You could instead considering doubling down on the damage by making the axe a Deathdealer for +2 DMG!!!

If you intend for him to be an assassin then Behemoth's Bane or A'rgath King of Blades might be the go.

3 minutes ago, Agent of Chaos said:

Definitely go the axe & Immense Power is always great and Mark of the Slayer is not a bad choice at all, assuming other khorne units will keep within 8" of him.

You could instead considering doubling down on the damage by making the axe a Deathdealer for +2 DMG!!!

If you intend for him to be an assassin then Behemoth's Bane or A'rgath King of Blades might be the go.

I dislike the weapon replacements as I often find the Demonic Talons do alot of the work and Mark of the Slayer helps all the attacks... 

As I said this is my gut reaction and haven't tested it yet. 

12 hours ago, Agent of Chaos said:

Immense Power applies to the talons as well so makes it a no-brainer.

It might help to know the rest of your army and/or how you intend to use him against your opponent...

The List itself is in flux, but it will focus around Gore Pilgrims.  A Large Block of Warriors and a  a Warshrine. 

The Prince, (and a as of yet undecided unit), are the more mobile section of the list. I have had good luck with Princes so far and I feel that he may be a good fit for the list. 

I also love my conversion for my prince and think he will score me points at events ;)

IMG_20150904_122935967.jpg.1ef1fcf7ce355

21 minutes ago, Agent of Chaos said:

Sounds like your Prince might find himself separated from the rest of the army meaning you won't get the full benefit from Mark of the Slayer.
I'd be tooling him up to hunt heroes.

How would you do that? In your opinion.. 

It's my first post here so I want to welcome everybody :)

I'm starting to playing Khorne atm as my new army and did 2k roster with some help.
Its for Matched play:

Allegiance: Khorne, 2000/2000 Points
Leaders

Bloodsecrator (120)
- Artefact : The Brazen Rune

Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Wrathhammer (100)
- General
- Command Trait : Violent Urgency
- Artefact : Gorecleaver
- Blood Blessing : Killing Frenzy

Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Wrathhammer (100)
- Blood Blessing : Killing Frenzy

Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing : Bronzed Flesh

Bloodstoker (80)
- Artefact : Talisman of Burning Blood

Bloodmaster, Herald of Khorne (80)

Units

5 x Blood Warriors (100)
-Goreaxes

3x10 x Bloodreavers (3x70)
-Meatripper Axes

3x30 x Bloodletters (3x270)
- Gore Drenched Icon

Battalions

Gore Pilgrims (180)

Murderhost (120)

Bloodletters with good buffs do Mortal Wounds on 2+ with reroll of 1's. Overall I got lot of bodies and with 3x priest I can get most of table with portal range.

What do you think?

Cheers!

Wellcome to the forum Lasti, 

I like the basics of this list, I look to these following changes for optimization, 

I would give the Blood Master the Crimson Crown.  As it will help make the Bloodletters even more killy. I am not sure how good the Bloodstoker is in this list, a second Blood Master could be a good plan to help give +1 to hits to the Bloodletters.  I would also think about pushing together the bloodreavers into one large unit, as it becomes easier to buff them. 

Archived