- Mark of Chaos: Khorne

Units
5 x Wrathmongers (180)

Battalions
Bloodmarked Warband (100)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400

From my experience with the battalion, while the bonus heroes come in handy for BT points and some scenarios, the real engine is the bonus attack engine.  You need fast, hard hitting heroes who get in, kill stuff, and trigger bonus attacks to your mobs.  The thing is, the only hero you have like that is the KLoDM, and you don't really have mobs.  The units you have that would benefit most (the bloodletters) don't qualify, as they fall outside the battalion.

So, what am I missing?  What is it you see the battalion doing for you?

FMB

6 hours ago, Fireymonkeyboy said:

From my experience with the battalion, while the bonus heroes come in handy for BT points and some scenarios, the real engine is the bonus attack engine.  You need fast, hard hitting heroes who get in, kill stuff, and trigger bonus attacks to your mobs.  The thing is, the only hero you have like that is the KLoDM, and you don't really have mobs.  The units you have that would benefit most (the bloodletters) don't qualify, as they fall outside the battalion.

So, what am I missing?  What is it you see the battalion doing for you?

FMB

My reasoning into taking the battalion is two things. 1 it’s 100 points and takes me down to a low drop army. And 2 Duality of death is a scenerio that khorne struggles with a lot in general. 5 wound heros with a 4+ is our norm really trying to round out the toolbox here. You’re correct however the biggest buff without taking scenerio into thought is the extra attack and I’m not overly optimised for that. The mlok and chaos lord on daemonic mount have a wee bit of swinging power but very seldom would I prioritise a single hero over a unit.

Ghb2k17 low drop armies seem even stronger than they were before and much more of a rarity, That’s just my experience so far

11 minutes ago, Killax said:

Garrek's Reavers are a great unit from my perspective! Cheap and a nice bite, good for filling up Bloodreavers slot you wish you didn't have to fill up (Gore Pilgrims etc.).

Link: https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Downloads//aos-warscroll-garreks-reavers-en.pdf

So get that Warhammer Underworld Shadespire :P 

Can see them coming in handy points wise!

Hi guys that's my idea of brass stampede

lord of khorne on jugger 140

bloodsecrator 120 

slaughterpriest 180

7x3 mighty skullcrushers 980

brass stamp battalion 180

2x5 marauder horseman javelin 180

10 bloodearriors 200

tot 1980

what do you think? A rule question: can I charge a unit 15" far if I got +3 to charge?:)

2 hours ago, Tubs said:

Ghb2k17 low drop armies seem even stronger than they were before and much more of a rarity, That’s just my experience so far

Makes sense, you're at what, a 3-drop?  I run it full mortals (only just shifting to add demons), but also usually play it at 1500.  As a one-drop, with units that can really benefit from the buff, it's been solid in an environment where people take strong, but not GT top-tier lists.

Let us know how it runs for you - I'd be interested, and I suspect others would as well.

FMB

On 10/20/2017 at 4:49 PM, Fireymonkeyboy said:

Haven't tried Marauder cav yet, but I do run Khorne knights with glaives consistently, often 2 units.  They are an excellent buff platform, and once you get used to arranging things to get the charge, are a reliable "shock" factor in the game.  Absent buffs, and post-charge, they're a decently durable roadblock, but will lose to the better attrition units in the game (I'm talking to you, plaguebearers).  They are also one of the fasted units to which we have access, and their speed can catch opponents off guard - especially if combined with a move via BT points.

FMB

Horsemen are fun, although their shooting isn't going to win you any games, they can be annoying enough that your opponent will have to deal with them. Use them to shoot dudes on a bale wind vortex, hunt characters, or take out war machines. They are also fast enough to snatch objectives.

Knights are great, no matter what alliance you play. The trick, as far as I'm concerned, is to use them in waves. A 1-2 punch as it were. Charge with a unit, retreat with them next turn and charge with a second unit. Repeat. It takes a certain amount of discipline to accomplish this. Obviously, the Lord on Demonic mount is a necessity here as well for this to really put out the hurt.

On 21/10/2017 at 1:52 AM, Tizianolol said:

Guys i need your help! In planning ti build a 2000 list around brass stampede.I have 2 questions:

- can i declare a charge of 15" ( for exemple) if i got +3 to charge? Or nearest enemy unit has to be 12" far?

- Is better 3x6 units or 7x3 for avalanche of brass ability?

thx all guy! For the bloody god!!:)

you need to be around 12 of at least one ennemy unit to declare a charge. The rule is pretty much here for preventing players to stack bonuses and charge across the board

13 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

Hi guys that's my idea of brass stampede

lord of khorne on jugger 140
bloodsecrator 120 
slaughterpriest 180
7x3 mighty skullcrushers 980
brass stamp battalion 180
2x5 marauder horseman javelin 180
10 bloodearriors 200

tot 1980

what do you think? A rule question: can I charge a unit 15" far if I got +3 to charge?:)

If you are certain you like Skullcrushers that much, totally go for it ;) The Slaughterpriest cost seems a bit off though, You seem to have room for two of them and bring the cost to 2000 of your army, which is probably the idea anyway. You can only declare a charge from 12" away, despite getting bonusses to charging etc. 

The multitudes of 3 are better as bigger blocks of 6, which is why I like it. It allows you to go in there with multiple waves. One big block of 6 could still be considered though, this way you have a big block for crushing key targets (hopefully). 

10 hours ago, Tasman said:

Horsemen are fun, although their shooting isn't going to win you any games, they can be annoying enough that your opponent will have to deal with them. Use them to shoot dudes on a bale wind vortex, hunt characters, or take out war machines. They are also fast enough to snatch objectives.

Knights are great, no matter what alliance you play. The trick, as far as I'm concerned, is to use them in waves. A 1-2 punch as it were. Charge with a unit, retreat with them next turn and charge with a second unit. Repeat. It takes a certain amount of discipline to accomplish this. Obviously, the Lord on Demonic mount is a necessity here as well for this to really put out the hurt.

I agree with this, really will have to test the Knights a little more often now too. Skullcrushers remain great too but having more bodies does mean they endure hits quite a bit better too and well their speed is also just a little bit better. All in all a fine choice to support a regular Khorne force. 

4 minutes ago, Mikeboll said:

What weapons are best on skullreapers? Daemonblades and soultearer looks fun and nice with the mortal wound but you dont want to kill yourself. But I guess you can avoid that with reroll wound rolls of 1 from the stoker. 

Hands down Daemonblades. In my opinion they arn't worth 180 points if you don't. I also think that this is why they recieved the drastic cost increase because the 'downside' is easily migated by the Bloodstoker. Even with it they can be a costly investment and typically I prefer getting Wrathmongers first. They provide a lot of synergy that can lead to the same result Skullreapers have. 

If your set to use them, Daemonblades it is! :) 

11 hours ago, Tasman said:

Wouldn’t a Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut be just as good?

Also, does Lord on Demonic mount’s command ability (+1 to hit) add to the steeds attacks too?

About my list, maybe can I drop bloodsecrator for another slaughter? But I need more points:( . My idea about horseman is put 1 unit in front of enemy, I hope they charge it and kill it so I got +3 to charge for my battalion. I wanna take alive the second unit of horseman for harass enemy line . About skillcrusher and their battalion I think is the best option we have outside bloodletters bomb at competitive level.

skullcrushers and battalion with 7 units its many mortal wounds output! Really good vs stormcast or other meta list with good sustain :)

29 minutes ago, Tasman said:

Yes, and no

Wha? I'm confused. Isn't the reverse true for those two answers? The Daemonic Mount Lord is better specifically for the Chaos Knights strategy described by you as he gives +1 to hit AND reroll charges.  Also his command ability affects the whole unit not just the riders.

48 minutes ago, Roark said:

Wha? I'm confused. Isn't the reverse true for those two answers? The Daemonic Mount Lord is better specifically for the Chaos Knights strategy described by you as he gives +1 to hit AND reroll charges.  Also his command ability affects the whole unit not just the riders.

I guess it boils down to what you are trying to accomplish.... the original question was about knights... for them, the CLoDM is superior, IMO. The +1 to hit DOES apply to mounts as well [my bad]. He can only affect knights, chariots or gore beasts though. The Juggerlord can choose [or try] to effect more units [d3] and gives the bonus to wound. 

Same points, different effects. Your choice.

For knights, I bring the CLoDM. Fits my play style. That being said, I don't play a lot of Khorne, so he's more to my  liking for the lists I do play.

27 minutes ago, Fireymonkeyboy said:

What's been stopping me has been the limited applicability of the CLoDM's ability.  I can use the J-Lord on things other than knights, and can use it on more things.  Have you found the focused effect from the CLoDM powerful enough to warrant the limited applicability?

FMB

I certainly didn't, however the prime reason why I didn't has to do with GH2016's Slaves to Darkness design versus that of GH2017. A lot of things changed for the better with Slaves to Darkness units, practically all units. So in all honesty I even have to say that Im just a handful games in with Chaos Knights. I like them, I like the Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount but at the same time I still like to focus on Bloodthirsters for now ;) Expensive but the change to The Crimson Crown has warranted that cost for me. In addition the Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster actively likes fighting big targets like it and those are more around.

I personally agree with @Tasman's not on both being good. We've come to a point where there is something to be said for multiple Bloodbound units AND Chaos Knights so what is better completely relies on the list and the part you want to 'become better'. One of the cool traits the Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount has is having that Crimson Crown acces too, so in a list where Bloodletters are supported by Chaos Knights I think that the Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount indeed will be better. On the other hand, if you thake more Motral infantry to support Bloodletters the Khorne Lord on Juggernaut is a very fine choice too.

List context is becomming much more important as single piece evaluation, this is a halmark of great design. 

1 hour ago, Killax said:

List context is becomming much more important as single piece evaluation, this is a halmark of great design. 

Agree on this.  Crimson Crown is super-powerful, but also kind of limited in focus - it's a bloodletter enabler.  I've been looking at Mark of the Slayer on the CLoDM as a mixed-force enabler.  In the absence of a good mixed D/M battalion, a multi-purpose buff bubble like that comes into its own.

FMB

Archived