Hobby Goals for 2017

With a new year almost upon us I figured it was a good time to come up with some of my personal hobby goals for 2017 and hopefully inspire some of you to share yours as well.

In 2017 I plan to:

• Finish my 1,000 point Nighthaunt army before I go on vacation in the middle of January
  • Expand upon that 1,000 points throughout the rest of the year
  • Bring my Stormcast army up to at least 1,000 points by the middle of the year and continue to expand upon it
  • Paint up the Skaven portion of the Spire of Dawn box, around 1,000 points
  • At the very least finish painting my Necrosphinx and Tomb Herald on Chariot for my Tomb Kings. Ideally also paint up a unit of Necropolis Knights and Ushabti.
  • Possibly do a 1,000 point Tzeentch army
  • Bulk up my scenery collection. I just got 3 of the Ruins of Osgiliath sets and a Magewrath Throne for Christmas and want to get those built and painted quickly. I would also like to finish my Endless Deserts table.
  • Finish and release the Unofficial Tomb Kings Battletome and move on to my next project :)
  • Try and release more video content for Mengel Miniatures.

What are your hobby goals for 2017?

I have a lot of non AoS projects as well, but for AoS I have plans to build up a nice themed fishing Village table. I just ordered some tabletop world buildings and waiting for the lake town houses to come back in stock. Other than that, I'm planning to expand my host of Slaanesh with mortals. the idea is to do a group of cultists using Lotr Haradrim, with some chaos Warriors and knights. the bit smaller (and more realistic) humans will make the chaos Warriors look appropriately huge and scary.

Also in my plans is to do a small group of undead to go with the fishing Village. Plan is to host a participation game in the annual Finnish gaming convention Ropecon by using Sigmar-rules for a scenario where a group of heroes are defending the Village Against an undead invasion. I'll do my own warscrolls for the heroes and have small units of 3-5 undead/town guard.

On 2017 I plan to:

Complete 2500 of Beastclaw. Only three models to go so that's cool! 

Segue via the Beastclaw /ironjawz batallion into a 2000 ironjawz winter force. 

Collect any and all steamhead duardin released.  

Convene a regular gaming event at my house to get more games in..

Visit Warhammer world. 

On 29/12/2016 at 11:10 AM, Jamopower said:

I have a lot of non AoS projects as well, but for AoS I have plans to build up a nice themed fishing Village table. I just ordered some tabletop world buildings and waiting for the lake town houses to come back in stock. Other than that, I'm planning to expand my host of Slaanesh with mortals. the idea is to do a group of cultists using Lotr Haradrim, with some chaos Warriors and knights. the bit smaller (and more realistic) humans will make the chaos Warriors look appropriately huge and scary.

Also in my plans is to do a small group of undead to go with the fishing Village. Plan is to host a participation game in the annual Finnish gaming convention Ropecon by using Sigmar-rules for a scenario where a group of heroes are defending the Village Against an undead invasion. I'll do my own warscrolls for the heroes and have small units of 3-5 undead/town guard.

look forward to seeing pics of this table down the line.

To continue building and painting my Sylvaneth army. Starting with 12 dryads, 6 Kurnoth Hunters and 5 Tree-revenants currently on my to-do pile.

Then to make some terrian. Starting with wyldwoods to match my Sylvaneth basing scheme. Want to make 6 in total but might not get all done by end of the year.  I also want to have built a few other bits of terrain - all forest themed - including a small abandoned goblin/grot camp.

I  have a good many goals this year (I decided 2017 is going to be my year), but I'll limit this reply to my hobby goals.

1) Finish my remaining Stormcast models which includes: 10 Liberators, 5 Retributors, 3 Prosecutors, 1 Lord Celestant on foot, 1 Knight Vexillor, 1 Celestant Prime

2) finish my 2000 point armies for both my Iron Warriors and my Death Guard (about 1k points left to go on each)

3) Paint my Batman crew, my Green Arrow crew, my Joker crew, and my Bane crew.

4) Complete my game room reorganization and expansion.

5) Attend at least 4 gaming events.

6) Absolutely blow out GenCon like a baller.

1850 thousand sons - luckily that's only 34 models and ten are done(though ~50 hours work)

2000pts night goblin army for a 5th edition campaign me and a mate are doing

finish a 2000pt glittering host - teclis, Tyrion, korhil, and 40 archers. Even if they're not gonna be around much longer ?

make 3 tables worth of terrain (and work out a way to store it)!

All manageable 

-Paint more and buy less (especially awesome Death or Ironjawz release possibly exempted).

-Finish painting my small Ironjawz force and reward myself with a Megaboss

-Paint a small Death army

-Start a paint log on the above

-Actually get a game or two in

-Post more here, lurk less

Here's mine:

- Finish painting my 2k of Bloodbound

- Play in an AoS tournament

- Finish rebasing and painting my 2k Slaves To Darkness

- Collect and paint 2k of Khorne Daemons

- Complete a gaming table and terrain for AoS

- Expand my Bloodbound to 3k with more characters/Battleline/Skullreapers

My goals are to:

• Finish my current Nurgle painting queue for Holy Wars (which brings my Nurgle forces up to 4k+ points)
  • Build my Gates of Mireguard 2'x2' display board for my Nurgle army.
  • Build and paint a 2k Tomb Kings force with fully fleshed out background lore placing it in the Endless Deserts setting.
  • Build a 6'x4' Tomb Kings game table with terrain to fill the board
  • Build and paint a 2000-2500 point force for Holy Havok themed appropriately with my partner (probably Sisters of Sigmar).

Stretch Goals:

• Build and paint a 1000-2000 point Ironjawz force
  • Build and paint a 1000-2000 point Clan Pestilens force
  • Build and paint a 1000-2000 point Swifthawk force
  • Build and paint a 1000-2000 point Steamhead Duardin force

I have a lot of work to do.

On Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 1:41 PM, Thomas Lyons said:

My goals are to:

• Finish my current Nurgle painting queue for Holy Wars (which brings my Nurgle forces up to 4k+ points)
  • Build my Gates of Mireguard 2'x2' display board for my Nurgle army.
  • Build and paint a 2k Tomb Kings force with fully fleshed out background lore placing it in the Endless Deserts setting.
  • Build a 6'x4' Tomb Kings game table with terrain to fill the board
  • Build and paint a 2000-2500 point force for Holy Havok themed appropriately with my partner (probably Sisters of Sigmar).

Stretch Goals:

• Build and paint a 1000-2000 point Ironjawz force
  • Build and paint a 1000-2000 point Clan Pestilens force
  • Build and paint a 1000-2000 point Swifthawk force
  • Build and paint a 1000-2000 point Steamhead Duardin force

I have a lot of work to do.

TGA's first official kickstarter - fund tom's 2017 hobby madness electric boogaloo #2 get them stretch goals!

Archived