AoS Combat Calculator

Greetings,

Just a plug, if permitted, to link to the Age of Sigmar Combat Calculator, available on the Druchii.net site:
http://tools.druchii.net/AoS-Combat-Calculator.php
It computes probabilities, variations etc, and returns a fancy little graphic which can be hotlinked like so:

graph.php?q=r:346:10:d3:m000&s=

We're still working on the special rules, which should allow us to model 'everything', but since you can already combine multiple profiles, it should go a long way.

Enjoy,
Daeron

PS: Ohh.. and we gladly take feature requests. Almost every request has been implemented thus far. We actively try to keep this tool up with the community's requirements.

Very handy (and now I have numbers to back up my grumpiness when my dragon with Hand of Glory does fewer than 10 wounds in one round :) )

I think there is a bug with the armour saves calculation - when you set it to "NONE" weird things happen:

Default settings: graph.php?q=r:335:10:1:m000&s=

Change save to 6+: graph.php?q=r:336:10:1:m000&s=

Change save to NONE: graph.php?q=r:330:10:1:m000&s=

Yes, it can. But you have to use a small "d". For example, 3+, 3+ and 5+ save with 2d6 attacks and d3+1 damage.

graph.php?q=r:335:2d6:d3.1:m000

Also:

On 3-5-2016 at 0:20 AM, rmbyoung said:

Very handy (and now I have numbers to back up my grumpiness when my dragon with Hand of Glory does fewer than 10 wounds in one round :) )

I think there is a bug with the armour saves calculation - when you set it to "NONE" weird things happen:

Default settings: graph.php?q=r:335:10:1:m000&s=

Change save to 6+: graph.php?q=r:336:10:1:m000&s=

Change save to NONE: graph.php?q=r:330:10:1:m000&s=

As you can see.. this bug has been fixed ;)

Thank you for reporting it!

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings!

The Druchii.net Tools (and this combat calculator) are now open source code. The code has been uploaded to a public repository over at GitHub:
https://github.com/DaeronSyriath/Druchii-Net-Tools
This should make it possible for people to view, or work with their own copy of the tools, and.. to collaborate.

With that out of the way, allow me a brief moment to explain this choice. What started as a fancy personal project quickly developed to become my pet project. I felt it could serve the community better under the wings of Druchii.net than my own (dying) blog. I hoped it would improve exposure for both, and give Druchii.net something unique.
I didn't notice until later that the appeal of having something unique would grow on me and made me protective about the code, more so than it needs.

I concluded this was counter productive to another goal, one that I've strived for, for a long time. That goal is to contribute to building a theorycrafting community or sub-culture within the war-gaming community. Preferably, with shared knowledge and a solid basis accessible to all.
I think that, given the code the community is a good way to support that cause. I'll keep updating and contributing to the community, not just by making the tools available but also the knowledge on how to build them. I firmly believe this is the best for the community.

The next step is probably to improve the quality of the code, documentation and the design of the program. This should not affect the users, but it might prove relevant for future endeavours, be they my own or those of others.

Thank you for reading! Happy coding!
Daeron

Archived