Gutbusters (regular old ogres!)

Kuma

15 minutes ago, Mohojoe said:

It would make it destruction, however I have enough ogor bull units for me to still cover it with batteline

Yeah, totally. I know some tournaments have certain missions allowing only battleline units to score points. Just wanted to make sure you didn't miss that :P. What type of Gargants are you planning on building? I saw you were doing all ogres with helmets? Are you doing a special theme for your army to fit the gargants within? @Mohojoe

39 minutes ago, Lysandestolpe said:

Yeah, totally. I know some tournaments have certain missions allowing only battleline units to score points. Just wanted to make sure you didn't miss that :P. What type of Gargants are you planning on building? I saw you were doing all ogres with helmets? Are you doing a special theme for your army to fit the gargants within? @Mohojoe

Well the idea is inspired by dark souls if you are familiar with that. The basics of it (as I am still writing it) is that the ogre tribe is from a land where the dead reanimating are a huge issue. To combat this, the undead are captured and brought to an underground prison/dungeon as it is easier to capture them than to destroy them. The ogre tribe were hired by the human overlord to watch over these crypts as too many of his own men were dying and being reanimated, making the problem worse. They have been guarding the tomb for hundreds of years by this point and the fresh meat being delivered from the city has become a religious tradition to quell the horrors that lurk underground, as the true purpose of the mausoleum is forgotten and its guards have become more feared than the ancient evil they keep at bay.

So yeah I am going for well equipped ogres in armour and will be building my two gargants similarly. I want to avoid clubs in favour of swords to show them as well equipped in a dark purple uniform, the ancient colour of death, that used to indicate their status within the land.

The Giants are twins who are worshipped by the ogres as the embodiment of Gork and Mork and have startlingly high intelligence for giant-kin. They function as spiritual leaders that lead the ogres to glory and constant fighting.

I probably need to do a blog post on this all at some point.

17 minutes ago, Mohojoe said:

Well the idea is inspired by dark souls if you are familiar with that. The basics of it (as I am still writing it) is that the ogre tribe is from a land where the dead reanimating are a huge issue. To combat this, the undead are captured and brought to an underground prison/dungeon as it is easier to capture them than to destroy them. The ogre tribe were hired by the human overlord to watch over these crypts as too many of his own men were dying and being reanimated, making the problem worse. They have been guarding the tomb for hundreds of years by this point and the fresh meat being delivered from the city has become a religious tradition to quell the horrors that lurk underground, as the true purpose of the mausoleum is forgotten and its guards have become more feared than the ancient evil they keep at bay.

So yeah I am going for well equipped ogres in armour and will be building my two gargants similarly. I want to avoid clubs in favour of swords to show them as well equipped in a dark purple uniform, the ancient colour of death, that used to indicate their status within the land.

The Giants are twins who are worshipped by the ogres as the embodiment of Gork and Mork and have startlingly high intelligence for giant-kin. They function as spiritual leaders that lead the ogres to glory and constant fighting.

Yeah dude! This is fantastic. I love this idea. I converted my own gargant not too long ago. I resculpted the body to be more dynamic and redid the face to be that of an Orruk instead. The hardest part was to sculpt the pants where I cut to fit the new pose but I think it came out pretty neat. I used some extra belly-plates for more armor on his left shoulder. Perhaps this can be of some inspiration for your own. :) I can't wait to see pictures of yours.

IMG_6649.JPG

1 minute ago, Lysandestolpe said:

Yeah dude! This is fantastic. I love this idea. I converted my own gargant not too long ago. I resculpted the body to be more dynamic and redid the face to be that of an Orruk instead. The hardest part was to sculpt the pants where I cut to fit the new pose but I think it came out pretty neat. I used some extra belly-plates for more armor on his left shoulder. Perhaps this can be of some inspiration for your own. :) I can't wait to see pictures of yours.

IMG_6649.JPG

Thats some superb greenstuff work there, love the dynamic pose. whats the sword made from, plasticard?

Archived