New Year

TerrorPenguin

Hello all,

I'm thinking in the new year we should mix up our Tuesday nights a bit?

I am happy to coordinate some narrative stuff one Tuesday in a month. There is Matts path to glory / hinterlands campaign

I'm thinking :

Week 1 - slow grow / matched play

Week 2 - narrative game

Week 3 - slow grow / matched play

Week 4 - hinterlands / path to glory

What do people think? Would a few narrative games bring you @cb_rex back into playing AOS? 

I really don't mind.  Please don't try and work anything around me.  Would narrative games bring me back? Not really, no, I've not played in about 3 weeks, but before Imps I was playing maybe once every 3 months so once or twice a month is playing very frequently for me.  I'm not adverse to playing AoS, I've always got an army with me, but being more collecting/building/painting focused I don't feel jazzed playing my square based Orcs in AoS whilst at the same time I don't want to be using my half painted Bloodbound.  

The other thing is my interest flips between different systems basically just depending on what I'm finding cool at the time and I am very slow at painting so I don't really get things cranked out, this has been even more of a problem the last year with GW putting out so much cool stuff, Deathwatch Overkill in particular causing me to get back into 40k, Burning of Prospero making me want to paint marines and now Blood Bowl being also being super cool.

I've been in the hobby for quite a long time and the gaming side of it is really a slow burn side component of the hobby as a whole for me, so I don't itch to play AoS to the same extent as others.  I'm perfectly happy when I come over on a Tuesday night just to see what people have been up to in the hobby and how their games are going, if somebody doesn't have a game and wants to play then I'm happy to play, but otherwise if I've got an army or a new unit or whatever built/painted and I really wan't to test them out in a game I would ask/arrange something.

No worries, I think it's great your helping the scene locally develop and things like slow grow and narrative games are cool ideas.  What are the guys on whatsapp and facebook want to do going forward?

I actually have some ideas for in the new year to help out with AoS on a different front that I need to talk to Ian and James about.

Archived