AoS in Sydney - games and events

One angry dwarf

Yo!

As everyone knows, AoS has had a bit of a rocky start down under. But if you're in Sydney an you're keen on a game, this is the place to talk about it. There are some of us who are keen on AoS and definitely keen to get games in.

I know a few people, including me, are interested in getting the organised event scene back on track after the new points system is released, so the future's looking up.

Hey guys

I'm originally from Sydney but i now live in Newcastle. Always willing to drop down for a 1 dayer when i can get a baby pass, and i've just organised a 1 day intro tourney in Maitland GG in June. Be great to have some Sydneysiders along. I'll be getting down if possible for the next GW day (the first one was held a few months ago and was great!)

Cheers

Jamie

On 3 May 2016 at 9:47 AM, One angry dwarf said:

We used to have an informal club, but it fractured after 8th ended, so we don't do regular days for AoS... trying to get some like minds together though, if you're keen. 

Yes, definitely! 

I've got a little one due any day now so my games time won't free up for a month or so but will keep an eye out here.

It would be great to be part of a slow-grow campaign in the 2nd half of the year - would you or any others here be interested in something like that in Sydney?

1 hour ago, Seamus said:

Yes, definitely! 

I've got a little one due any day now so my games time won't free up for a month or so but will keep an eye out here.

It would be great to be part of a slow-grow campaign in the 2nd half of the year - would you or any others here be interested in something like that in Sydney?

Don't worry mate, I've got a little one too and know what it's like :P

keen on a slow grow campaign for sure.

Hey guys, I am currently based in Central Coast and am planning to go to the Maitland tournament. I also have a regular gaming group that meets in Newcastle on a Tuesday, and I am always looking for more opponents. If anybody is interested hit me up.

Michael

Hey Guys,

Great to see there's some other AoS players around Sydney! And to hear that Jamierk has already organised a 1 day event! Can you let me know the details (date, event pack etc) as soon as you know, and I'll do my utmost to make sure I can head up and attend! :)

For those who can come into Sydney, me and a mate attend a monthly gaming club called Company of Dice at South Coogee bowls club. It's the first Saturday of each month and there's people there playing all sorts of warhammer, like Bolt Action, 40k, 8th ed etc. Me and my friend are the only ones playing AoS there at the moment, but we're starting to encourage some of the fantasy players to try it out. Would be great to get some of you guys there to increase the AoS numbers!

I'm currently writing a scenario pack for use with South Coast GT pools and army comp, and will organise a 1 dayer at the CoD event one month later in the year when we have more players. Will post details further down the line!

In the meantime, check out the Company of Dice Facebook page and come along. They're a great bunch of guys and there's plenty of tables, and a bar! Come say hi. I'm on Twitter with an AoS account (@CDWelfare1) and regularly post pics from me and my mates' games and painting and stuff AoS related. Gimme a shout :)

Cheers guys

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 04/05/2016 at 9:49 AM, One angry dwarf said:

Good to hear! Would be good to hear about any VIC AoS events here too...

Aye, anything VIC related would be great to hear about. I'll be ordering the starter box and a few other bits and pieces at the weekend, so looking forward to diving back in soon, all the great pics and battle reports on here are really whetting the appetite! I've joined the Melbourne FB page (I'm in Pakenham, so outer SE suburbs) but it's a small group so the more the merrier!

One question actually; I've not been in a GW store for over ten years other than for a quick browse, do they still run demo games and have areas for painting etc like they used to? I'll be heading into the city on Thursday to pick up a few bits and pieces so I'll try and pop in while I'm down :)

'Sup Fam!

I'm part of a slow grow league for AoS, based out in Blacktown. Myself and other club members like to get around though as a couple of us live in different areas of Western Sydney (Prariewood, Mascot, Glenfield, etc etc)

Would be good to catch up with some of the other Sydney based homies for games. If you're from Western Sydney and feel like smashing my Orruk army, I can host games at my place and can travel also.

Look me up on Twitter and Instagram - my handle is Eric54114.

• 2 weeks later...

We had a great day on Sunday with an intro to AoS 1 day tournament, thanks for those who came along. GG Maitland are keen to support us locally with a place to play and are signed up as a reporting store for the global campaign!

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/05/2016 at 1:16 PM, Stormbringer said:

For those who can come into Sydney, me and a mate attend a monthly gaming club called Company of Dice at South Coogee bowls club. It's the first Saturday of each month and there's people there playing all sorts of warhammer, like Bolt Action, 40k, 8th ed etc. Me and my friend are the only ones playing AoS there at the moment, but we're starting to encourage some of the fantasy players to try it out. Would be great to get some of you guys there to increase the AoS numbers!

I'm currently writing a scenario pack for use with South Coast GT pools and army comp, and will organise a 1 dayer at the CoD event one month later in the year when we have more players. Will post details further down the line!

In the meantime, check out the Company of Dice Facebook page and come along. They're a great bunch of guys and there's plenty of tables, and a bar!

We'll be playing Age of Sugar at Company of Dice this upcoming weekend (6th August). Pop over to the Facebook group/event for more info... and join our 1st birthday celebration - https ://www.facebook.com/events/641776422627636/?ti=cl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, 

We have a whole AoS gaming community in Sydney which we manage out of the Age of Sigmar Sydney Facebook group which have over 90 members a lot of which come from all over Sydney. We have just launched the Spring Sigmar Showdown for the next 12 weeks which we just started and anyone can join at any time for players all of Sydney.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/276902096004917/

The group has a Sydney based event calendar as well so you can see upcoming events coming up each weekend around Sydney. The group also has a list of all the Sydney based playing venues, days and contact details so if your not already a member of the group we encourage you to join the community.

Regards, 

Shaun.

I'm a relatively new player in Meadowbank. If anyone from the forums wants to meet up I'm always keen to host a game at my house or meet up at the store (Chatswood is where I go the most). I've bought a gaming F.A.T mat from Front Line Gaming to play on at home, though I don't have much for scenery.

I'm playing Sylvaneth, slowly working towards 1000 points (or can proxy stuff in for a nice 1000 points without too much dicking around). 

Cheers!
Samuel

• 2 months later...

Archived