How do Seraphon armies work?

agarrett

Just for background, I used to play Fantasy, but some friends and I are now thinking of trying out AoS. The armies look interesting, but I have a very basic question about how Seraphon armies work. Specifically, how does summoning work in non-matched games - I understand it fine for matched point games.

So, it looks like the Slann can summon pretty much any Serphon unit. But, they are granted those spells on the various units' warscrolls, not on their own. So, do you have to have one of those units in play to grant the Slann the spell, and then he can summon more, or do they have those spells inherently? Is a Seraphon army only bounded by the models the player owns, plus whatever local comp rules you're using, or is there some limit built in that I'm not seeing. 

We wanted to start out simply, and taking advantage of the no-points systems, but this seems like the type of thing we'd have to deal with pretty quickly if anyone goes for that army. Thanks for the help.

Just for background, I used to play Fantasy, but some friends and I are now thinking of trying out AoS. The armies look interesting, but I have a very basic question about how Seraphon armies work. Specifically, how does summoning work in non-matched games - I understand it fine for matched point games.
  So, it looks like the Slann can summon pretty much any Serphon unit. But, they are granted those spells on the various units' warscrolls, not on their own. So, do you have to have one of those units in play to grant the Slann the spell, and then he can summon more, or do they have those spells inherently? Is a Seraphon army only bounded by the models the player owns, plus whatever local comp rules you're using, or is there some limit built in that I'm not seeing. 
  We wanted to start out simply, and taking advantage of the no-points systems, but this seems like the type of thing we'd have to deal with pretty quickly if anyone goes for that army. Thanks for the help.

Yep, you're only limited by your model collection. That's why the Matched Play rules exist, so there aren't any problems that crop up.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Archived