New to AoS and Ironjawz

Oddball

I am playing in a build league and currently at 500pts. Ive opted for a megaboss and 2 units of brutes, so when rolling on the megaboss rule waaarrgh would I roll 1 dice and need to get 2 or under or 3 or under. I dont know wether to include megaboss as he gains from the skill. Thanks in advance, just hope makes sense.

19 hours ago, Fastbear said:

He counts himself so 3 or less :)

Hi @Oddball, welcome to Ironjawz (and indeed AoS)!

The above answer is correct and you can apply the same logic to many aspects of the game. Also, don't forget that your Megaboss also has access to the generic command ability; Inspiring Presence. Whilst not as exciting as the Waaagh! it is actually a more solid choice most the time and will help you get around one of the army's biggest weaknesses - Brutes bravery 6 :( 

If you are new to the game/Ironjawz, you may appreciate my latest podcast episode this week as I give a basic run through of the warscrolls;

Let us know if you have any other questions, you will find this sub forum very welcoming and friendly. We love to help out a budding Megaboss!

Cheers guys, just finished the first round (500pts) last night and currently 2 w 1 l. Know were i went wrong tho, sometimes better to go second in the first round haha live and learn. Now to decide what to put in at 1000pts and listening to Chris's podcast deffo a warchanter and a 3rd unit of brutes which I may make into a 10 man. Then cant decide brutes/ardboyz/gore gruntas. Ive 2 week to decide but any suggestions from the other megabosses will be listened to.

cheers

Gaz

On ‎24‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 0:33 AM, Warboss Gorbolg said:

I like the idea of all Brutes but I think that you should consider at least 1 unit of Ardboys.  You need those extra bodies!

@Oddball - Hope the podcast helped, more Ironjawz chat on there this week if you're interested. When it comes to expanding further, I agree with @Warboss Gorbolg's comments above. Whilst the models aren't as cool, Ardboys are essential if you are playing the Matched Play battleplans.

Sounds like your games went well. Battleplan dependant, going second is often a nice choice as it allows you the chance to get that first double turn, which can be really decisive. In smaller points games, once you can fit in an Ironfist battalion you'll find you can dictate first turn a lot of the time, which is helpful!

Knowing whether to take first or second turn is something that you will learn overtime as you play a variety of armies and battleplans - that said in my game last night, I just couldn't decide what was for the best and perhaps made the wrong choice in the end!!

4 minutes ago, Oddball said:

Well getting next lot of troops ready for 1000 pts and after reading comments on here I'm still confused. Hows best to equip the Ardboyz, think 1/3 shield and rest big choppa. Help a grot out cheers in advance .

I am pretty sure there was another topic on here dedicated to that question and it seemed dual wielding was the best set up, the shields were not as useful as at first glance in comparison to the extra attacks. However if you find it hotly debated it usually means both are useful and I would suggest going for what you like the look of more

Hi @Oddball,

There is a thread here, which has evolved nicely over time;

That thread goes into decimals, which isn't really how I go about playing the game, but will be useful for number crunchers. I would say that IMO, its pretty negligible what you equip them with. I think duel Choppas looks to win the numbers war against most things, but if you want to give them Big Choppas or Shields, it's not going to make them suddenly awful. I think aesthetics is a fine way to build your units of Ardboys.

Personally, I'm building a mix as the jury is still out for me.

Archived