Age of Sigmar FAQ update

Ben Johnson

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That said, I don't know that either of the Zombie FAQs settled the "can I merge 3 minimum sized battleline zombie units into a single block of 30 during my first turn."  One of the FAQs talked about merging units during setup (which is no, but that doesn't speak to it during play) and the other spoke about exceeding the maximum unit size (which is set for every unit in the GHB, 60 for zombies).  The wording points to the GHB value, not the starting unit size which is the rule that people said the Death players were violating.  It seems like there will still be debate on the Zombie issue for awhile.

Actually you're right! I misread it.

So they can merge (by implication of the fact that they didn't just say "no merging") but not over 60. That's ok then.

The Rings still getting a lot of hate though... 

its a tricky one. as its super op on big stuff that heals but perfectly acceptable on small 6 wound characters.

Im wondering if caping the bearers wound charactistic to d3 for the rest of the game is worth it. give it one last gasp before croaking...or being able to run away.

as is it will never get used. 

but then were in the realms of errata and not faq... so may as well wait for new hand book

its a tricky one. as its super op on big stuff that heals but perfectly acceptable on small 6 wound characters.

This just isn't true, but it's barely worth discussing it - it's a fait accompli now. 

It's super annoying if you forget that your opponent has it on a given hero and haven't played Death very often.

Battle Brew is super op on big stuff. That hasn't budged an inch. Maybe with Chaos getting DoT that will balance them out with Destruction, leaving Death trailing in the dust. Good riddance some players will say.

Certainly would have a been a curve-ball of a rule change.

It would have been (almost) everyone* unlearning longstanding habits. So I can understand the change.

*As per the months old thread, I played it the "traditional" way since everyone effectively house ruled it the other way and on average it doesn't matter. Someone must have been following that part of the Hints and Tips literally. 

7 minutes ago, Nico said:

It would have been (almost) everyone* unlearning longstanding habits. So I can understand the change.

*As per the months old thread, I played it the "traditional" way since everyone effectively house ruled it the other way and on average it doesn't matter. Someone must have been following that part of the Hints and Tips literally. 

Someone might have been following this sites Rules Question section also from Warhammer as even the Clanrats got Faq'ed :)

2 minutes ago, Mikophant said:

Related to the ring of invincibility, it would be consistent that heroes like Skarr Bloodwrath, Phoenix, and The Green Knight would also require reinforcement points to bring back.

Thoughts?

I thought the same originally, however it occurred to me that the points for their ability is already included in those units

1 hour ago, Nico said:

, leaving Death trailing in the dust. Good riddance some players will say.

Great, maybe we can nerf all the other factions as well and just get to stormcast vs stormcast.... be like playing 40k

I'm no fan of the ring of immortality on dragons, but continually nerfing the weakest alliance in the game is ridiculous. 

26 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

I thought the same originally, however it occurred to me that the points for their ability is already included in those units

100% agree with this. 

1 minute ago, TerrorPenguin said:

Great, maybe we can nerf all the other factions as well and just get to stormcast vs stormcast.... be like playing 40k

I'm no fan of the ring of immortality on dragons, but continually nerfing the weakest alliance in the game is ridiculous. 

This I somewhat don't agree with. I think Death has some good builds that haven't been explored yet. Mournguls are amazing, their Monsters are good, and they have some of the best Compendium units out there. I think they may be the weakest just because they're not getting as much support as the others, but it's not like they're just bad units in general.

9 minutes ago, TerrorPenguin said:

Death is up there as one of the most powerful factions, Tomb Kings are probably the most powerful army in the game (well up until todays formation ruling). The army wide 5+ save is an incredible allegiance ability/command trait

21 minutes ago, Terry Pike said:

Death is up there as one of the most powerful factions, Tomb Kings are probably the most powerful army in the game (well up until todays formation ruling). The army wide 5+ save is an incredible allegiance ability/command trait

Problem is a lot of people don't run Tomb kings or have easy access to their models. 

22 minutes ago, Terry Pike said:

While this is certainly true, they'll likely get a points hike in the next GHB which will move them back into mediocrity.  

25 minutes ago, Terry Pike said:

I agree. Death is one of the top 4 most powerful factions

2 hours ago, Nico said:

Oh well. That didn't last long. It was fun while it lasted.

I'm more impressed that they took the time to remove and edit it so quickly noticing that it was causing an uproar.

I feel like the time consumption for it is not as extreme as portrayed.  It's better than having people feel cheated over singular rolls too often.

30 minutes ago, Terry Pike said:

Settra can't take the 5+ and you would be quite foolish not to use Settra as your general

Archived