Events UK: 2000 Point GHB - Lincoln - Imps Gaming

TerrorPenguin

Event Title: 2000 Point GHB - Lincoln - Imps Gaming
Event Author: TerrorPenguin
Calendar: Events UK
Event Date: 01/14/2017 09:45 AM to 01/14/2017 06:00 PM

Hi all,

Kicking off the year Imps Gaming will be running the first of what we hope are regular tournaments in Lincoln.

Its a straight up 2000 point matched play event with space for 20 players. Tickets are £15 on the door or £10 if purchased before the day. 

Ill get a tournament pack finalised and up soon, but unpainted models will be allowed, usual house rules - base to base; nothing affects turn dice etc.

Tickets available at: http://shop.imps-gaming.com/t/tournaments
Over the phone on: 01522 535103
Or in store.

Attending:

1. Jon Rouston

2. Jonny Statham

3. Matt Shepperson

4. Lee Bromley

5. Alex

6. Jorrell

7. Will

8. Ernest

Tournament Pack

2000 Point GHB - Lincoln - Imps Gaming

Edited by TerrorPenguin
Added tournament pack

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, L.Bromley said:

Hey Jon is it three or four games? The time schedule says three but the scoring sheet suggests four?

Also I have heard at imps about the "imps house rules" are these in use on Saturday and if so what has been ruled please?

I think it's three at 2000 points.

Rules are in the tournament pack linked above but basically:

Base to base measurement

Nothing can affect turn roll (Kairos)

6 always hits but abilities not activated if true to hit roll was e.g 7

Any unit that cannot be targeted cannot hold an objective

Same spell doesn't stack

mystical terrain test is taken at start of hero phase before anything else

Cheers Jon, it's really good pack that you have made, anymore players signed up?

The only tweek I personally think you should make to the day would be to make painting a players choice rather than a raffle, I would get everyone to set there armies up at lunch than get all players to vote (whilst I know this is something I won't win or deserve, I would feel a tad embarrassed if I won a raffle and someone else had put loads of effort in over a period of time) just my opinion fella.

20 minutes ago, L.Bromley said:

Cheers Jon, it's really good pack that you have made, anymore players signed up?

The only tweek I personally think you should make to the day would be to make painting a players choice rather than a raffle, I would get everyone to set there armies up at lunch than get all players to vote (whilst I know this is something I won't win or deserve, I would feel a tad embarrassed if I won a raffle and someone else had put loads of effort in over a period of time) just my opinion fella.

No worries - it was Imps decision. I think the idea was to encourage fully painted armies at whatever level and reward, but not discourage non painted stuff.

The raffle isn't really a reward for your standard of painting - it's a reward for your commitment to painting the whole army!