Sylvaneth Wyldwood Trees Removing

Well of Eternity

Question

Hi,

I found similar question here:

but i can`t see any final answer. 

I understand that tree models on citadel forests (parts of Sylvaneth Wyldwood) are removable for better access for models inside the wood but they still are  "roadblock" for big monster on big bases (like bloodthirters, stonehorns and others even Treeman or Alarielle (huh?!)) If they can`t fit beetwen trees or sockets  they just can`t move into forest or charge through the forest

is there any clear rule, description or clarification of this situation or it is just agreement between players before game (or TO house rule)?

9 answers to this question

There is no actual rule on this. Just discuss it with your opponent before the game, these 2 options are normally the ones played on the UK tournament scene:

• Trees are glued / not moveable, you have to go round or over them.
  • Tree can be moved, but you can't stand in the hole where the tree would go, this is the most commonly seen as it allows for a better flowing game and stops models getting damaged while trying to fit them under tree branchs.

On 21/12/2016 at 9:28 AM, Terry Pike said:

There is no actual rule on this. Just discuss it with your opponent before the game, these 2 options are normally the ones played on the UK tournament scene:

• Tree can be moved, but you can't stand in the hole where the tree would go, this is the most commonly seen as it allows for a better flowing game and stops models getting damaged while trying to fit them under tree branchs.

agree 100%

I agree with the second point as well. I'd also add that unless the model can fly, the model can't move through the space where the tree would occupy either. So it's not just where the movement ends, but the path of the movement as well.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

On 12/23/2016 at 0:51 PM, MidasKiss said:

If there was some kind of tunnel or open building that you could take the top off to get better access I would.

Sure, but you wouldn't then play with the tunnol open with models standing where the wall used to be. is what i am assuming he is saying

The usual for most players is that removing the trees is okay, but standing in/overlapping the holes is not. It's usually better than breaking half the model trying to navigate your big claw through the trees to move your figures through. Also, to be fair, if the unit is large enough to be an issue for the trees it'd probably just move the branches out the way when walking through anyway.

Archived