What are your 2017 Objectives?

Marc Wilson

First, let me say I love how many people here set up goals for community building, online and local. That is the very substance the hobby lives of.

Anyway, here's my basic goals:

-Keep to my 1k army project. With very little even assembled so far, 1k of Death and Tzeentch each, fully assembled, painted and based, almost all converted with custom sculpting, I have my work cut out for me

-Actually play the game. I haven only actually played a wargame once in an entire decade

-Play at least one Narrative Play game

-Keep up a P&M log

-Become a better sculptor

-Build the Warshrine I have planned out in my head, a sculpting project far behind the scope of everything I have done so far

Stretchgoals:

-1000 Points of Tzaangor. My obsession with these is only increasing. Luckily, I like them so much, I won't have to convert them in any major way, so they should go faster ;)

-Find or build a group of AoS players

-Start up a proper gaming Blog

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) Keep our monthly events going. Hoping to build a larger community, but also want someone else to run the events so I can play :P

2) Finish all my Stormcast - Built, painted, based.

3) Make a display board for above army.

4) Figure out a 1000 point army and do the same with it.

5) Place high at a GT or Major. Not expecting top tables, but top 25% or better would be enough for me. 

I think all but the last are pretty doable :) 

3 hours ago, Kosmion said:

Finnish painting my gazillion clanrats..i mean skaven army and playing more games with more people! Might try to organize some kind of club here in stockholm/sweden since noone else seem to do it..?

Paging @Jonatan and @Turragor, the two guys I know live in sweden. The community is pretty active, at least in some cities!

Great to see people taking up the 1k army mantle as well. Will be loads of cool stuff next year.

1) Paint 2000pt Legion of Azgorh

2) Paint 2000pt Arcanites

3) Attend at least 3 tournaments

4) Get one of my really close friends playing AOS

5) Try to get involved in some organised gaming locally, join or start a gaming club

These are probably in order of difficulty for me but could be achievable.

Well, 2016's been a massively disjointed year in terms of hobby time due to work, financial and health reasons, but 2017's looking a lot more positive - my first aim is to get all of my Stormcast fully assembled and painted so that I have a 2000+ point army. I was aiming to have that done by November, but I've been away for three months unable to paint, so that's first on the list.

Second on the list is to resist buying more miniatures until I've got what I have painted - I've already got the aforementioned Stormcast, a sizeable Flesh Eater Courts army and a whole bunch of Chaos sitting around waiting to be worked on, so I really need to resist starting any more projects. Scenery doesn't count, mind ¬¬

Third, and the most important one, is to get out and play some regular games. I've finally got my weekends free so regular game time shouldn't be a problem anymore now that I'm not restricted to finding games on a Monday :D 

Like many I have mainly army based resolutions:

1. Buy and finish a Sylvaneth Army. In addition actually try to take photos of it and put them on Twitter / here / whatevs my dude.

2. Finish painting Silver Tower, and actually complete the full quest. This will spin out a to a Tzeentch army (just have to figure out how I want the warriors to look and where to get them from)

3. If the Steamhead come out go a touch mad and buy like mad.

4. Get more games in, both with my gaming group and also at a recently opened local store that has a bit of a group already.

2016 was a slow year for me for games played, but I did a lot of painting/building minis. I'd like the balance to shift in the other direction in 2017.

1. Play more games. At least 5 a month, hopefully more.

2. Get some more of my friends to come out to game stores or events for AOS. My area has lots of little pockets of "garage gamers", but they/we don't connect as often as we could.

3. Partner with a game store to run a narrative event of some kind.

4. Build a new army from scratch. I tend to buy job lots, or refurbish second-hand models. Might be time for something that's planned from the ground up, and built the way I'd like. 

:)

Love this thread, its so positive and encouraging.

My goals this year the following:

• Finish my Skaven BB team by the end of January.
  • Finish my Frostgrave warband by end the of February.
  • Finish up my Stormcast army by the end of April.
  • Play at least twice a month at club, with friends or new faces.
  • Continue to make friends that hobby.
  • Visit Warhammer World
  • Play my first AOS tournament.
  • Continue to have a friggin ball.

Made a good stab at it in 2016 so hoping to keep the hobby boulder rolling.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Chrisdanish said:

We are a month in and I was wondering if anyone had made steps towards their Hobby goals?

I'm struggling with my test models paint scheme wise (deomonettes) but started converting my Warriors. Will show it as soon as I am ready. 

My objectives are fairly straightforward:

1. Sell some of my unpainted miniatures to get my collection down to a sensible size for painting.
  2. Paint everything that remains, including my half painted Khorne Bloodbound, so that I actually have at least one fully painted army I can use.
  3. Build up a fighting fund so that I can afford to immediately go all-in on the next faction release that tickles my fancy.
  4. Be ready to hit the tournament scene and painting competitions in 2018.

1. Rebase! I have a massive painted Skaven army that is still on squares that I need to get rounded up.  Going to tackle the Skryre stuff first so I can run that list. 

2. Paint! My Bonesplitterz are sooooo close to done, just need to get 2 units of boars and 2 characters finished.  I keep getting distracted, I need to just finish these bad boys off. 

3. Go to a convention!  I live very close to several of the big ones in the US Midwest, but I just never seem to make it.  This year I will get to at least one. 

Good luck to all on their goals.  

I think I need to write this down, then maybe i'll succeed...

finish painting at least half of all the unpainted stuff lying around begore I buy anything new. Before new elves and/or slaanesh are released!

Other goals:

-finally write down all the background fluff i've come up with for my slaaneshi elves

-improve on my basing

- Reach 300 followers on instagram (elfhead_warhammer)

4 hours ago, Chrisdanish said:

We are a month in and I was wondering if anyone had made steps towards their Hobby goals?

I thought I had put something in this already, but clearly I did in another thread somewhere. I had a huge guilt pile that I wanted to get painted and that is already severely reduced in number (10 Death Company remaining!).

Other goal was to start a new AoS army, and whilst I wait for my pretty elves I have some Stormcast that I can integrate them with. I'm also not sure whether or not to rebase some of my Dark Elves and Wood Elves onto rounds.

On 21-12-2016 at 11:29 AM, StealthKnightSteg said:

Great idea!

I think for myself it's more extending on current objectives I had for 2016 and continue them in 2017.

1. Play at a tourney maybe? This is something new and I need to find the time and place to go to one (having a girlfriend working half weekends does tend to complicate things if there are still kids about)

2. Keep going on with my Stormcast Eternals, maybe making it to a full Warrior Chamber.

3. Keep playing more, once a month at the GW store which I try to do already and maybe some more games at home with some of my gaming buddy's

4. This is an "if" doing more work on my Free People when we get to know a little more about them (own Battletome would be awesome..)

5. Keep on painting my other assorted stuff.

6. Might need to fledge out another army to compete against my own Stormcast as those are constantly picked by my 7 year old daughter to play with and I get annihilated every time..

Well I seem to get on with 4) I have painted 540 points (battleready) for our escalation league. And a start on 6. Got the blood warriors and bloodreavers from the starter set again from another one. and from the same transaction another unit of Liberators and Prosecutors for 2.

My goals are to:

1. Finish my Sylvaneth army, fully based and painted.

2. Buy and paint more Dryads, because you can never have too many Dryads, right?

3. Improve my painting skills enough that I won't feel guilty buying Alarielle.

4. Get some gaming time in!

My goal is simple. I have never participated in an event or had a fully painted army.

Luckily for me there will be a large event in my hometown in August. I will therefore commit to fully painting a 2k list so I can participate in the event.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

Archived