What are your 2017 Objectives?

Marc Wilson

10 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

Yep, it's been a busy year painting. Prior to this year, I had painted maybe 20 models over the 4 previous years.

I just counted and it's 360 individual miniatures on the table, counting what "has" to be together as once, such as the bat swarms, but each individual for the ones together by choice, like the Kings of War stuff in the back.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My hobby goals for 2017 are as follows:

1. Finish collecting and assembling my Tyranid force for 40k.

2. Get some more models for my Freeguild so I have a more rounded force as opposed to an endless swarm of dudes.

3. Finish painting aforementioned 3000 odd points of Freeguild to a good standard.

4. Possibly amass a collection of Slaanesh (a mortal all Cavalry army and a Daemon army).

Honestly the painting one is my biggest goal for the year. I've only recently gotten into the painting side of things after 2 years of hobby and just really want a nice, good looking army to put on both the table and my shelf.

On 22.12.2016 at 7:44 PM, Rogue Explorator said:

First, let me say I love how many people here set up goals for community building, online and local. That is the very substance the hobby lives of.

Anyway, here's my basic goals:

-Keep to my 1k army project. With very little even assembled so far, 1k of Death and Tzeentch each, fully assembled, painted and based, almost all converted with custom sculpting, I have my work cut out for me

-Actually play the game. I haven only actually played a wargame once in an entire decade

-Play at least one Narrative Play game

-Keep up a P&M log

-Become a better sculptor

-Build the Warshrine I have planned out in my head, a sculpting project far behind the scope of everything I have done so far

Stretchgoals:

-1000 Points of Tzaangor. My obsession with these is only increasing. Luckily, I like them so much, I won't have to convert them in any major way, so they should go faster ;)

-Find or build a group of AoS players

-Start up a proper gaming Blog

Wow, I did not go for peanuts in my goal last year. This actually makes me sort of relieved, there was no way I was ever making even my basic goals.

So, how much of this did I get done? Pretty much nothing, instead I spend the entire year struggling with health issues (so at least I have got an excuse).

I do propably have the miniatures for 1000 points Death and Tzeentch each, so there's something, though none are table ready.

I do not really feel the love for my Tzeentch stuff anymore, I want to continue working on what I have and ultimately finish it up, but this will be at a glacial pace. And frankly, I am ok with that. Essentially, it is a huge sculpting project by now, so I feel it is something I can just pick up on whenever I feel like it and maybe one day I get my enthusiasm back and finish it all up and even if not it remains a great field for practise and experiments.

Becoming a better sculptor is the one goal I sort of met. Its not like I have made huge strides in my skill, but I have learned a new thing or two before my issues fully hit. Pure skill has also advanced a little, but by now I am very much out of practice. This is really something I want to pick back up when I feel better, then I will also see how much of my expecrience has stuck.

@Marc WilsonI want to post my, much, much smaller 2018 goals on the new thread, but I can not find it. Has one been opened up for 2018?

On 2016-12-22 at 6:42 PM, Kosmion said:

Finnish painting my gazillion clanrats..i mean skaven army and playing more games with more people! Might try to organize some kind of club here in stockholm/sweden since noone else seem to do it..?

well im glad to report that i went through with both of my goals-_-

My 2017 goal was to finish painting Silver Tower to the point I could play the game. I am happy to say I have pretty much achieved this! I finished painting the following:

- 8 Kairic Acolytes

- Gaunt Summoner

- 8 Chaos familiars

- 2 Pink Horrors

- 4 Blue Horrors

- 4 Brimstone Horrors

- 8 Grot Scuttlings 

- 2 Skaven Deathrunners

- Black Marsh Barony Questing Knight

38 nicely painted models done this year. I have also almost finished a Stormcast Lord Castellant to use as well.  All the adversaries from the base set are now done and my gaming group has enough heroes painted for a play through which we will be starting in Jan 18!

1. Finish painting my Spiderfang army - 50 spider riders and 2 Arachnoraks to finish

2. GO back and finish my Skaven- About 80 clan rats, some weapon teams and chracters

3. Finish my Khorne - About 60 bloodletters to do and characters

4. Build a Seraphon army

5. Build a Death army

6. By end of 2018 have an army for each grand alliance fully painted and options for each at 2K

7. Get garage converted to games room- Bricked up front, plastered, flooring, internal door created and table installed

Archived