What are your 2017 Objectives?

Marc Wilson

Apparently I missed this thread first time around.

My 2017 Goal was to paint all my terrain, and paint all my "boxed" sets.

So a Magewraith Throne, 2 Balewind Vortex, 2 Realmgates, 1 Hill, The miniatures from: Gorechosen, Silver Tower, Shadows of Hammerhal*, Dreadfleet, Space Hulk, & Bloodbowl (I have teams for: Orcs**, Humans**, Skaven*, Dwarves* & Goblin*).

At 1/2 way point:

• All of the terrain is complete
  • Gorechosen is complete
  • Dreadfleet is almost complete (90% done)
  • 1/2 of Silver Tower is finished

* Added after the start of the year.

** I've decided to shelve any blood bowl team where GW hasn't released all of the necessary miniatures (that includes packs that contain necessary positional players ... I'm not buying another whole box of orcs/humans just for 2-4 positionals). So the only "complete" blood bowl teams I'm planning to paint are Skaven, Dwarves & Goblins.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#######################6 month report#####################################

6 months to to day has elapsed since I set myself some goals, and until this thread was revived in recent days I didn't check them, so.......

1 - I aspire to be fairly competitive.  I'm bald and have a back like a matted fleece, hence I must surely have a testosterone overload. For this reason I yearn for a top 16 rankings place and a spot at the Masters. Can it be done? Maybe if...

A big if; I'm not playing enough to substantially improve from being a kind of 'top third' player and not doing enough tournaments to benefit from some fortuitous high placings. Since settling on my army things have looked up though something big would need to happen in one of the remaining 3 tournaments I'm planning to attend.

2 - My wife and children have photographs of me, surely they can just look adoringly at them for two or three days, six times a year? I'd love to do six 2-day tournaments. I'm already signed up for two so fingers crossed. I have wife points in the bank.

I hit the nail on the head with this one, having done 3 2-dayers and having 3 more pencilled in.

3 - I found in 2016 I had massive gaps between games, these being limited pretty much to tournaments. I really need to go to club nights once of twice a month to keep things ticking over, or have people over at the house. Bit cautious on this one, so will set a low bar at 15 club nights a year.

I've spent more time on various clubs whatsapp groups than I have attending. Even at a good age I'm still just about playing football which accounts for one evening so probably little weekend things are more likely.. or little play dates with semi-locals [mention=1659]Bryan C[/mention] and [mention=149]Jack Armstrong[/mention]. There is a local cub which has just moved to a new location. I've been there a couple of times and AoS is beginning to take off (or rather was, before 40k 8th).

4 - This should be number one really... I need to finish painting my stormcast to a good standard! I don't get a tonne of time at home to hobby so I'm not planning any other armies - that would be wildly optimistic! - maybe a few dips into other Order units. Oh, and add snow to all my terrain. Ultimately, if I get a single 'Best' or 'Coolest' nomination I will be delighted!

Not happening. I've fiddled with my army - mostly speed painted - so many times it looks quite unlike what I set out to do. I'm so bored of dabbing paint on it, and really can't wait to start over. I might even sell it, so I don't have to look at it anymore and feel lazy and guilty.

5 - After relocating to the seaside, I haven't fully unpacked into my hobby room. Sorting it out would be nice, and is desirable but might suffer due to 1-4!

Ha! Worse than ever. Now I've found solace in making terrain the original bombsite has been made worse with half-empty tubs of filler, pots of poundland paint and explosions of MDF dust and flock.

That's me; what about you? [emoji4] [mention=2804]Mohojoe[/mention][mention=896]RuneBrush[/mention][mention=1731]NaftaliDK[/mention][mention=2]Ben[/mention][mention=1621]Double Misfire[/mention][mention=3145]StealthKnightSteg[/mention][mention=2197]MongooseMatt[/mention][mention=465]Tullbeard[/mention][mention=767]Criti[/mention][mention=22]Rhellion[/mention][mention=734]Arkiham[/mention][mention=2453]Kramer[/mention][mention=2648]CoffeeGrunt[/mention][mention=114]Lez[/mention][mention=584]cb_rex[/mention][mention=258]Gaz Taylor[/mention][mention=296]polarbear[/mention][mention=87]Countmoore[/mention][mention=1559]chord[/mention][mention=1721]TerrorPenguin[/mention][mention=463]Carnelian[/mention][mention=84]TalesOfSigmar[/mention][mention=70]Alpharion[/mention][mention=507]Garxia[/mention][mention=1254]Bjarni St.[/mention][mention=1057]SuperHappyTime[/mention][mention=1810]Commander Panda[/mention][mention=348]Odiamh[/mention][mention=756]Soulsmith[/mention][mention=2933]AAL[/mention][mention=2803]David Clarke[/mention][mention=1268]Caffran101[/mention][mention=3281]Tuluth[/mention][mention=23]Darth Alec[/mention][mention=45]Chris Tomlin[/mention][mention=217]WarbossKurgan[/mention][mention=2590]Kosmion[/mention][mention=2673]Rogue Explorator[/mention][mention=2774]Requizen[/mention][mention=164]Andreas[/mention][mention=965]tjgreenway[/mention][mention=530]mhsellwood[/mention][mention=1220]Ulf[/mention][mention=2520]Chrisdanish[/mention][mention=3232]Shadowheart[/mention][mention=100]Jamie the Jasper[/mention][mention=536]Xerox[/mention][mention=2724]TheWilddog[/mention][mention=1569]elfhead[/mention][mention=661]Dez[/mention][mention=2888]Mossback[/mention][mention=2209]MightyQwan[/mention][mention=1677]Nasnad[/mention][mention=1111]Nubgan[/mention]

So I basically found that most of 2017 was dedicated to work and I have had no time at all to even check the forums! I think I have decided to take a step back and enjoy the hobby at a slow pace rather than setting ridiculous deadlines I can't meet. Looks like I have some free time coming up now though that contracts are completed so you might see more of me lurking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My list for the year was probably not the most ambitious, but let's see...

On 21.12.2016 at 10:37 PM, Darth Alec said:

Lot's of great ideas here. Seems like "finish an army" keeps popping up. Shame it's much easier to buy new armies than to finish painting them!

As for my list...

1. Launch and make new secret AoS hobby project a success.
  2. Finish the End Times Battletome to a near-GW standard.
  3. Paint at least 2 seperate 1k armies.
  4. Continue to make the internet side of the community a great place to be (through modding and various forum-projects)
  5. Build my local community into the best I can, for now.
  6. Try to maintain a blog...

1. Launch and make the secret project a success. Considering that I've launched Fjordhammer and released 5 episodes in good succsession, I think I'e achieved this. It's not a huge podcast yet, but it wasn't expected to be. Another 6 episodes to drop this year, so plenty of room for improvement!

2. Finishing the tome to near-GW standard? Well, work is well on its way. I'm editing and deploying the new stuff ATM (with a short break). It's looking really good so far. Not GW, obviously, but pretty good.

3. Painting 2 1k armies? I guess I can say I did that... I've painted more than 1k in Tomb Kings for SCGT. The Skaven force also technically has 3 colours on it. But I'm working on a project for RAW and will fix up the Skaven some more. Definitely well on the way.

4. This one isn't really for me to judge. I do hope, and feel, like I've done things for the community. But the efforts may have amounted to nothing for you guys.

5. My local community is thriving ATM. AoS is growing, 40k is booming. There's a lot more enthusiasm than there was before. Which is great to see, even though I'm moving away from them now.         

6. No blog. Failed this one out the gate. I've podcasted regularly, but no blogging. It just isn't for me. So this is a fail. Ah well.

2 out-and-out successes, 2 strong WiP's, 1 unknown and 1 fail. Solid effort for the 6-month mark!

Hay @Marc Wilson Thanks for the gentle reminder.

These goals have really help me this year. I set what I thought was realistic goals and have them printed out above my hobby desk in the spare room. They have kept me on track on what I want to achieved and has ensured I haven't purchased unnecessarily.

My goals this year the following:

• Finish my Skaven BB team by the end of January.
  • Finish my Frostgrave warband by end the of February.
  • Finish up my Stormcast army by the end of April.
  • Play at least twice a month at club, with friends or new faces.
  • Continue to make friends that hobby.
  • Visit Warhammer World
  • Play my first AOS tournament.
  • Continue to have a friggin ball.

• I managed to finish my BB team on time and they are sitting in my painting cabinet.
  • My frostgrave Warband was completed on time and soitting next to the Skaven. We have since played a game or two and I now have a captain to paint up, although at present I have no deadline for this.
  • I did finish my Stormcast army however it took me an additional month.
  • I have been playing at least twice a month. During this time I have attended my local club several times, got some face interested in AOS. I have also had the chance to play lots of different people. I'm most happy that I now have a table at home which means that I can invite friends around for a quick games mid week. A massive thanks to @RuneBrush and @Splitbristle my regular gaming buddies for being absolute ballers and great to have around. Without people like them the hobby wouldn't be fun.
  • I have met a lot of new faces over the last few months. I hope to continue to do so and get the chance to play with a load more cool guys and wicked armies.
  • I have no yet visited Warhammer World however a few of us now have plans pencilled in for October this year. I'm really looking forward to this as it should be a great laugh, with lots of games and drinks with good people.
  • I played in my first AOS tournament and my second. I managed a one day event (4 games) and wasn't sure if tournament gaming would be my thing. I played in a two dayer at Bristol Smash two weeks later and had a complete ball. I met some awesome people, saw some great armies and got absolutely smashed. I still don't think I'll be playing to many more competitive tournaments but I am definitely glad I gave it a go.
  • My balls are still well and truly friggin ......  

I have had a nice rest from painting for a little but am now looking forward to spending some time at my desk. These are my plans for the coming months

• Paint my 30 point Skaven Warband by the end of July
  • Start Collecting and painting an Eldar army and finish by Mid October
  • Finish all Stormcast models I own by the end of the year

On 21-12-2016 at 11:29 AM, StealthKnightSteg said:

Great idea!

I think for myself it's more extending on current objectives I had for 2016 and continue them in 2017.

1. Play at a tourney maybe? This is something new and I need to find the time and place to go to one (having a girlfriend working half weekends does tend to complicate things if there are still kids about)

2. Keep going on with my Stormcast Eternals, maybe making it to a full Warrior Chamber.

3. Keep playing more, once a month at the GW store which I try to do already and maybe some more games at home with some of my gaming buddy's

4. This is an "if" doing more work on my Free People when we get to know a little more about them (own Battletome would be awesome..)

5. Keep on painting my other assorted stuff.

6. Might need to fledge out another army to compete against my own Stormcast as those are constantly picked by my 7 year old daughter to play with and I get annihilated every time..

1. Haven't found anything yet that I could participate in. But the global Campaign(s) is something I can work with.

2. Not much progress here yet, did add a few more standard units from a bought up second starter set half (only units)

3. This is actually pretty good with me joining the local gaming club so I get the occasional game in on Tuesday evenings now as well.

4. Did manage to get about 1k points mostly battleready but still needs more work, will keep working on this 1k army inbetween my other projects

5. Well this is actually something that is going good in the general sense, but not as I had foreseen it.. I started a Tau Empire army and that is getting some love now with this. (my first 40k army, I thought it was a good time to start now with 8th ed), But I really need to go paint scenery as well this year.

6. Along with the SE units from the 2nd starter set I also got the 2 Bloodbound units (warriors and reavers) and the Gorechosen Game I did manage to bolster them some... But I still get annihilated by my 7 year old using my SE against me. But that is mostly due to the missing extra rules for Khorne Bloodbound from the battalions and the battletome.. they really need it to perform.. But that will make the battle too complicated for her at this age and her undersatnding of english.

• 4 months later...
On 21-12-2016 at 12:39 PM, Kramer said:

1. Devise and play a narrative hinterlands campaign (courtesy of @bottle's rules)

2. Finish my current map based campaign. (Always tricky to get four players together, two game days down, 2/3 to go)

3. Finish a new 1000p very conversion heavy and themed slaanesh army. A lot of progress on paper and the first orders are coming in. 

4. Add a cool centerpiece model to all my armies: Dwarfs, Skaven, Dark Elves and Ogors. 

5. Bring two more friends into the fold. I already have them in my scope. Time to pull the trigger with the afore  mentioned skirmish campaign. 

With little more then a month in 2017 I was curious to see how everybody is doing with their pledges!

for me,

1: Done! The release of skirmish and ptg turned it into a mix of all three, great great fun. 

2. Getting four people together turned out very difficult. Between children being born, the flu and funerals. We only played one round with the four of us. 

3. 1 more model to go!

4. Close to! Still looking for something for the dispossessed. 

5. 1 down, 1 to go

On 21/12/2016 at 1:05 PM, Countmoore said:

Interesting timing actually. Just had a look through my game book and I've managed 87 games this year most in a tournament setting. Works out at 54/15/18 w/d/l so deffinately want to improve on the win ratio going into next year. 

1.  Beat bonesplitterz (just once would be ok).

2. 340 rankings points which should get me to masters again next year

3. Lead team England to success at the first AOS 6 nations. 

Since we are rapidly approaching the time of year for retrospection thought I would also have a look at the goals I set myself. Still some more games to play before I start adding those up too.

1. Managed this at the GT final in a really tight game. Admittedly with TZ and not death so I’m thankful for none specific objective here

2. Surpassed this massively and finish on over 380 thanks to some good finishes in the latter half ignored the year. 

3. Boom. That makes three out of three for me. 

I forgot all about this thread!  Let's see what I was thinking back in June...

On 6/20/2017 at 9:17 AM, BunkhouseBuster said:

Now, my goals for the rest of the year (and going into 2018 at this points) are...

1 - Finish my Ironjawz (got about 1600 points to paint up!)

2 - Sell off the models I am not going to be using anymore (they need to go to a good home :))

3 - Get and paint up a 40K Dark Imperium set

4 - Work on terrain and scenery for the gaming room, and try out Hirts Arts moulds (http://www.hirstarts.com/)

5 - Get my wife and step-daughter into wargaming properly :)

Well, I'm kind of dissapointed in myself, at least as far as finishing up these goals, anyways.  It's amazing how much life and circumstance can change interests in five months.  I did get through most of steps 1 and 2 (got about 1000 points of Ironjawz painted, and cleared out most of what I was wanting to offload).  Step 3 isn't going to happen because I have lost all interest in 40K thanks to many of the local 40K players being either powergaming-WAAC-metachasers or smelly-chain-smoking-neckbeards.  Step 4 is still a dream, especially as the game room has been overtaken for storage and catch-all purposes.  And step 5 isn't going to happen anytime soon, especially with their interest in World of Warcraft and other things coming up.

Plus with the holiday season beginning to really roll in, free time goes out the window as church, school, and family events start to come up.  And gift shopping begins to eat into the budget.  And that's not counting a potentially messy legal battle with my wife's relatives that way be coming up in the midst of the Christmas season causing emotional and mental stress and fatigue.  BLAH!

At this point, I have no ideas what my goals will be for 2018.  With any luck, it will involve having a finished Ironjawz army, and getting scenery made for home-gaming.  And if not that, then getting a better paying job to better support my family and our chosen hobbies.  Whichever of those would work for me.

On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:59 AM, Countmoore said:

Since we are rapidly approaching the time of year for retrospection thought I would also have a look at the goals I set myself. Still some more games to play before I start adding those up too.

1. Managed this at the GT final in a really tight game. Admittedly with TZ and not death so I’m thankful for none specific objective here

2. Surpassed this massively and finish on over 380 thanks to some good finishes in the latter half ignored the year. 

3. Boom. That makes three out of three for me. 

Good work @Countmoore that is an impressive list to have ticked off this year! Thought about your plans for next year yet?

• 2 weeks later...

Since I was the OP it's only right that I 'fess up to my own abject failings

1 - I aspire to be fairly competitive.  I'm bald and have a back like a matted fleece, hence I must surely have a testosterone overload. For this reason I yearn for a top 16 rankings place and a spot at the Masters. Can it be done? Maybe if...

FAIL - had a decent finish at SCGT then a not great result at Bobo then downhill from, failing to actually make some planned tournaments due to life.

2 - My wife and children have photographs of me, surely they can just look adoringly at them for two or three days, six times a year? I'd love to do six 2-day tournaments. I'm already signed up for two so fingers crossed. I have wife points in the bank.

Started off ok then petered out due to life and massive unplanned hobby deviations.

3 - I found in 2016 I had massive gaps between games, these being limited pretty much to tournaments. I really need to go to club nights once of twice a month to keep things ticking over, or have people over at the house. Bit cautious on this one, so will set a low bar at 15 club nights a year.

Success - not only attending a reasonable amount at one club, but two -  South London Legion and Eastbourne Elemental.

4 - This should be number one really... I need to finish painting my stormcast to a good standard! I don't get a tonne of time at home to hobby so I'm not planning any other armies - that would be wildly optimistic! - maybe a few dips into other Order units. Oh, and add snow to all my terrain. Ultimately, if I get a single 'Best' or 'Coolest' nomination I will be delighted!

Utter fail as I lurched from one rash decision to another - not to mention jumping into other factions. In all, all too hurried and reactive.

5 - After relocating to the seaside, I haven't fully unpacked into my hobby room. Sorting it out would be nice, and is desirable but might suffer due to 1-4!

More messy and chaotic than ever, larger due to aforementioned massive unplanned hobby deviations.

In July I decided to run in early 2018 the BIGGEST AOS TEAM TOURNAMENT IN THE WORLD EVER - BLOOD TITHE. Which has taken up some time. 
I'm allowed to use caps 'n bold because it's  true.

Well I didn't join the forum until February, but I did set out at the start of the year had a number of objectives! 

And as they were all about getting things done for my 40k armies. So I basically failed all my objectives this year... 

Next Year will be better! 

1 - Put together and paint a small Death force in the first couple of months of the year (models arrive Friday), really looking forward to a new play style

FAIL - I got 50 skeletons and a few characters together and the rest has lived in its box :(

2 - Same as 1 but for a 30k/40k Ad Mech force.  It's been "ongoing" for far too long

PARTIAL SUCCESS - I've finished off 2.4k of Questoris Knights and a couple of Ad Mech bits.  Enough to play games and finish off models two years in the works.

3 - Sort out my office/hobby room properly, including clearing out some more cupboard space and sorting out my mountain of random models/bits.  This really needs to be #1 but I can't see it ;) 

PARTIAL SUCCESS - A bit of tidying and sorting but nowhere near enough

4 - Paint the remaining 800ish points of my Khorne force so I've a full 2k+ painted

SUCCESS - My Bloodbound force is comfortably over 2k in models alone!

5 - Attend more tournaments, including a doubles AoS event towards the end of the year at WHW

SUCCESS - OK, I'll 'fess up that I didn't do a doubles event, but I've attended three tournaments this year instead!

6 - Get more games in!  Finally have a few local people and a club to go to occasionally - hopefully this will also lead into me becoming a better general

SUCCESS - Counter is significantly higher than I've ever achieved in a year before.  Unsure that I've improved as a general :D

7 - Have a better year than 2016 which seems to have been utterly naff for nearly everybody I know

SUCCESS - It certainly feels like a better year for myself and my group of friends.  Plenty of room for improvement but good overall!

So, overall I'm fairly happy with what I've achieved and not too shameful of what I've not.  I managed to win Armies on Parade with my Imperial Knights which I'm really chuffed with that - my first painting competition win too.

Good work @Marc Wilson! Life does tend to get in the way of our hobby goal. We going to do this again for next year? ;)

I was feeling smug having completed most of my hobby goals before July but don't worry it didn't last long. Here are my 2017 goals and the extended goal I set myself in July.

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 12:01 PM, Chrisdanish said:

Hay @Marc Wilson Thanks for the gentle reminder.

These goals have really help me this year. I set what I thought was realistic goals and have them printed out above my hobby desk in the spare room. They have kept me on track on what I want to achieved and has ensured I haven't purchased unnecessarily.

• I managed to finish my BB team on time and they are sitting in my painting cabinet.
  • My frostgrave Warband was completed on time and soitting next to the Skaven. We have since played a game or two and I now have a captain to paint up, although at present I have no deadline for this.
  • I did finish my Stormcast army however it took me an additional month.
  • I have been playing at least twice a month. During this time I have attended my local club several times, got some face interested in AOS. I have also had the chance to play lots of different people. I'm most happy that I now have a table at home which means that I can invite friends around for a quick games mid week. A massive thanks to @RuneBrush and @Splitbristle my regular gaming buddies for being absolute ballers and great to have around. Without people like them the hobby wouldn't be fun.
  • I have met a lot of new faces over the last few months. I hope to continue to do so and get the chance to play with a load more cool guys and wicked armies.
  • I have no yet visited Warhammer World however a few of us now have plans pencilled in for October this year. I'm really looking forward to this as it should be a great laugh, with lots of games and drinks with good people.
  • I played in my first AOS tournament and my second. I managed a one day event (4 games) and wasn't sure if tournament gaming would be my thing. I played in a two dayer at Bristol Smash two weeks later and had a complete ball. I met some awesome people, saw some great armies and got absolutely smashed. I still don't think I'll be playing to many more competitive tournaments but I am definitely glad I gave it a go.
  • My balls are still well and truly friggin ......  

I have had a nice rest from painting for a little but am now looking forward to spending some time at my desk. These are my plans for the coming months

• Paint my 30 point Skaven Warband by the end of July

Finished and have been playing a fair bit of Skirmish lately, really enjoying it! In fact I went well over the 30 renown and am looking to add to it in the new year.

• Start Collecting and painting an Eldar army and finish by Mid October

Just about almost maybe done, partially. They are just good enough to have on the table but definitely need some more work on them. They made the table just in time for our lads lads lads trip to Warhammer World. They performed admirably and will be getting a bit more detail in the new year as well as some additions.

• Finish all Stormcast models I own by the end of the year

Well, that didn't go to plan. I have assembled almost all of them but have been faffing around between how I would like to paint them so much that I haven't done any of them. I'm still none the wise at the moment but will put them on the back burner and continue with some other toys so that I'm not wasting my time as much.

23 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

7 - Have a better year than 2016 which seems to have been utterly naff for nearly everybody I know

SUCCESS - It certainly feels like a better year for myself and my group of friends.  Plenty of room for improvement but good overall!

Plenty of room for improvement?! Hope you're not including me in this ;)

@Marc Wilson I think you’ve been very successful overall!

Will this thread continue into 2018 with new goals? If so:

1. Use NMM (I’ve dipped a toe into this).
  2. Get that elusive podium (building on 4th, 6th and 5th after losing on the top table to a second Vanguard Wing at #AngelCore).
  3. Juggle AoS, Bloodbowl, Shadespire, 40K and Necromunda.
  4. Continue to build up the South London Legion as a gaming club:

On 12/21/2016 at 9:35 PM, Caffran101 said:

1. Get on with painting this mixed destruction army.

Done - Finished painting in time for a good number of tournaments. Unfortunately unusable with GHB17 (not that people are complaining about this) :)

2. Learn how to hobby and look after a new born at the same time.

Doneish - I think you will never properly learn how to do this. Big shoutout to my wife for looking after sprog whilst I was away for the weekend at tournaments.

3. Attend more tournaments.

Done - Again, thanks to my wife I was able to attend four tournaments throughout the year.

4. Do better at these attended tournaments.

Mixed - I did pretty well at a couple of tournaments, and pretty ordinary at other tournaments. Although compared to the year before I did far better.

5. Make less silly mistakes during my games.

Mixed - This was usually dependent on how much I had to drink at that tournament.

6. Improve my painting skills.

Mixed - I was quite proud of some stuff I painted in my Destruction army. However, I ended up having a painting drought over the summer/autumn period. Having just picked up a paintbrush again I feel like a bit of a novice again. Hopefully with practice comes improvement.

7. Try to work with greenstuff, never tried it before.

Done, but could do better - I used greenstuff in very small amounts to "correct" models. Yet to use it to "create" something.

8. Do more with the model bases.

Fail - My Destruction army has some pretty basic bases (lack of time and then interest). Had some neat ideas, but just didnt have the drive to do it.

9. Make some scenery!

Hmmmm ... I bought a skull that looks amazing. And painted some realm gates. As to actually building some scenery, this is something I want to do with my P2G campaign

10. Continue to make good friends.

Huge Success - Can truly say that pretty much every person I've played against (or even just met at tournaments) have been wonderful people.

On 6/22/2017 at 10:10 AM, DarkWingDuck said:

Apparently I missed this thread first time around.

My 2017 Goal was to paint all my terrain, and paint all my "boxed" sets.

So a Magewraith Throne, 2 Balewind Vortex, 2 Realmgates, 1 Hill, The miniatures from: Gorechosen, Silver Tower, Shadows of Hammerhal*, Dreadfleet, Space Hulk, & Bloodbowl (I have teams for: Orcs**, Humans**, Skaven*, Dwarves* & Goblin*).

158 miniatures* completed to-date in 2017 (I'm hoping to find time amongst relatives visiting to finish another 2 to get the total up to 160 before years end).

(* where miniature includes tokens/objectives and the other player aides that came with Dreadfleet & Space Hulk).

I finished all the terrain I had at the start of 2017 (but picked up a Sigmarite Mausoleum at some point ... so it's still not ALL painted).

I finished Gorechosen, Dreadfleet, & Space Hulk and most of Silver Tower (10 left).

Failed on Shadows of Hammerhal & Bloodbowl. I also picked up Shadespire (but have only assembled the miniatures).

Would have made it a bit further, had I not moved and temporarily lost all my painting supplies (finally found them in a box labelled "Office Supplies"!)

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

After years of having mostly unassembled and unpainted models sitting on the shelf, one of my big 2017 goals was to try to get more into painting and hopefully get at least one whole army painted. I think I met that goal, here's what I painted this year.

2017-12-25 17.27.28-1.jpg

awesome job! All of this was painted this year alone? :)

Archived