Let's chat Disciples of Tzeentch

Nico

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like that idea. Is the balewind worth it when you could take a gaunt summoner for the points? Also at my local gw today, someone was playing pure daemons. The staff agreed the split rules don't cost points, as those points are summoning pool and nowhere does it specify summoning.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Soulsmith said:

It's a thing because I thought I would see what people thought of games workshop staffers including the manager considering them not.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

They are wrong. Its only free if they split into an already existing unit and that unit cant go above starting size in matched play. The rule is anytime anytime ANYTIME for any reason you set up a new unit you pay points. there is no summoning pool or summoning rule

Speaking of such, are rules like the, say, the one where your general dies and he is 'replaced,' by a spawn, do those require points?  I don't think it specifically says you are setting up a new unit but it says replace him?  I know some of the spells do speciify 'setting up X number of models based on models slain' like the Ogroid's.  I think the one I'm refering to is the Arcanite general trait that if he kills himself with his heal ability?

Also, say your Ogroid blasts someone and kills 6 models and you get 6 Horrors (that you paid 140 for 10).  Can you then use Fold Reality or a Battleshock roll of a 1 to generate up to 10?  I'm assuming no, but wanted to know if I could be dicky.  Since you technically paid for the 10 but are only setting up the 6.

AND just to be sure, you can totally use Fold Reality on your Enlightened and Skyfires right?  Since they are Tzeentch Daemons.  Please be true!

Ehi guys,what do you think about this list. If can be competitive?

LoC (300)

-incorporeal form

-phantasmal weapons

-daemon spell 6 (hell of tzeentch in english?)

ogroid (160)

-arcanite manufact 3

- spell 6 for arcanite and mortal wizards

kairos (340)

-daemons spell 6

sorcerer lord (140)

- spell 3 arcanite and mortal wizards

10 pink Orrors (140)

- battleline

- daemons spell 5

10 pink Orrors (140)

-battleline

- daemons spell 1

30 tzaangors (540)

- battleline

- 12 with greatswards and 18 with shield and blade 

3 Skyfires (160)

tot 1920

what do you think guys? Can it work in a competitive tournament?:) thx all

my only doubt is 20 Tzaangors and 6 Skyfires instead of 30 Tzaangors and 3 Skyfires!

11 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

Ehi guys,what do you think about this list. If can be competitive?

LoC (300)

-incorporeal form

-phantasmal weapons

-daemon spell 6 (hell of tzeentch in english?)

ogroid (160)

-arcanite manufact 3

- spell 6 for arcanite and mortal wizards

kairos (340)

-daemons spell 6

sorcerer lord (140)

- spell 3 arcanite and mortal wizards

10 pink Orrors (140)

- battleline

- daemons spell 5

10 pink Orrors (140)

-battleline

- daemons spell 1

30 tzaangors (540)

- battleline

- 12 with greatswards and 18 with shield and blade 

3 Skyfires (160)

tot 1920

what do you think guys? Can it work in a competitive tournament?:) thx all

my only doubt is 20 Tzaangors and 6 Skyfires instead of 30 Tzaangors and 3 Skyfires!

I think either way you go they will both be good, that is something you will have to try out i games and see what ya like better. If you got 80 points left over id add 20 brimstone horrors

I'm starting to like the idea of the Alterkin as I'm going heavy Tzaangor either way.   It seems like at least an unreliable way of restoring models, and with the Shaman spell hopefully I can keep my units around a little longer.  I'm running a Tzaangor Coven and an Alterkin, both with 20gor Tzaangor units.  The battalion doesn't say that the restored models need to be to the unit in the battalion, just a Tzaangor unit within' whatever inches so that could help me be sneaky.

I'm thinking the Acolytes will maybe stand infront of the Tzaangor to take a charge and die, so I can pile in.  However, how are you guys equipping your Acolytes?  Is it worth trying to keep them around longer with the Shield on everyone, or just try to get as many attacks out as I can before they die?  I'm not sure the benefits of either is huge enough to worry, but thought I'd see what you guys thought.

My Acolytes have duel weapons, which I did just to get the arm swap work out the way quickly. From my experience so far I would go with shields as they are not super in Melle so tend to get activated last is a choice of other units to go, better to have more survive than have slightly better attacks with less.

Question...Overseers Fate-Twisters...

The first part says blah blah as long as there is at least one model from the battalion on the battlefield. The second part of the same ability says in addition, blah blah whilst this battalion has 9 or more models...is that part at set up? Or taking casualties during battle and counting the models?

So what would be the top 5 battalions in this book? I'm really liking the overseers fate twister. Seems like you pretty much can control all your dice rolls. It seems daemons have better units but arcanite have better battalions 

Archived