Let's chat Disciples of Tzeentch

Nico

1 minute ago, daedalus81 said:

Hmm.  Sounds like i'll need to get used to an army with low armor saves.

I'm still holding out hope for the mutalith...

Also slaves to darkness are most likely jumping around with joy right now and what I LOVE is how easily you can take a mixed army now since it's just the "tzeentch" keyword. Oh and Archaon is sure going to enjoy the book as well. :D

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, daedalus81 said:

Hmm.  Sounds like i'll need to get used to an army with low armor saves.

I'm still holding out hope for the mutalith...

If they don't alter it's rules mines going. EBay for what ever price I can get, same as my slaughterbrute, chimera etc 

9 minutes ago, Shane said:

I do appreciate they've added clarity in rule writing here. The "sequence ends and the target immediately" is much clearer than previous examples of this rule type. Good work.

Agreed. Also nice that the champion clearly states a change in the to hit characteristic rather than a straight +1 to hit, as +1 would make the champ much more effective given the mortal wounds on 6s..

8 minutes ago, FunkyPunk said:

Oh my god I'm so excited. The Skyfires look really tasty with their incredible threat ranges.

Is anyone going to pick up tzaangors in preparation? I'm tempted but I wouldn't know what weapon load outs to try.

I grabbed 3 boxes for 40K, but I plan to run them with sword and board and max the big sword so they'll bounce between systems.  I'll probably buy another 3 later that are all 2 handers or what not.

13 minutes ago, Phantajisto said:

Someone posted the names of all the new units to twitch chat, including Skyfires, before the WHTV guys showed them. Cant find it in the chat log now....

Here's a pic from the Path to Glory showing some new unit entries.

15676195_1318169724900622_1684383558122548889_o.jpg

From the path to glory page they showed:

New heroes:  Fatemaster, Magister, Tzaangor Shaman (all Arcanites)

Daemon units look all the same as before, includes Brimstone and Blue Horrors (both in units of 10)

Arcanites:  Kaeric Acolytes and Tzaangors in units of 10, Tzaangor Enlightened and Tzaangor Skyfires in units of 3. Curseling and Ogroid are in. Curseling has an option called 'Eye of Tzeentch'.

Also...

Points values will change from GHB. 

Gaunt Summoner is valuable as he can access Arcanite/Mortal spell lore as well as Daemon lore. I expect him to go up in points, especially considering the boost he got from Balewind Vortex rules.

Would expect new plastic kits to be LoC, brimstones, Skyfires/Enlightened disc riders, Acolytes, Fatemaster/Magister kit?

Here are my headline points from the Livestream:

1. DoT Allegiance covers all Tzeentch keyword. Amazing news! I'm clicking buy imminently. Silver Tower box already picked up.
  2. Real innovation - Different Command Traits for the sub-factions - Arcanites, Daemons and Mortals. Some seemed to be shared but some not. I asked whether this would be dependent on the nomination of the general or not. Does anyone know? Hopefully it doesn't mean that if you mix and match Tzeentch, then you don't qualify for a Command Trait (which would seem very unlikely). 
  3. Sylvaneth style Mega-Battalions with smaller Battalions inside them,
  4. Points in the Battletome!
  5. Great fluff.
  6. Great art.
  7. Amazing models.
  8. Skyfires look like the perfect glass cannon (5+ save and bravery 6), but strong combo with a flying Tzaangor Wizard whether in allegiance or outside (doubt that this buff stacks from two Tzangor Wizards). Something to outrange the Huskhorn at last.
  9. Battle Trait seems to be for any Tzeentch army and sounds like genius! Destiny Dice to substitute for your rolls (before you roll the dice) and limited to certain types of thing like hit, wound, charge (I didn't see the whole list). I hope it doesn't work on Infernal Gateway (these are emphatically not to wound rolls).
  10. Archaon may finally find a use due to his Tzeentch, Mortal and Daemon keywords. However, no trait if you take him as general as normal.
  11. Magic dominance.
  12. 27 inch unbind as an option for your General!
  13. Pink Horrors will be good battleline as have different Lore spells for each unit.
  14. More than 6 spells!

THEY HAVE A MECHANIC LIKE SILVER TOWER FOR FATE during the game. This is so cool.

Absolute genius.

The ones will be for Battleshock trolling. As often the case, the twos will be the ones you don't want. The combo with the Disklord and Kairos and Archaon's Slayer of Kings will be interesting.

5 minutes ago, Nico said:

The ones will be for Battleshock trolling. As often the case, the twos will be the ones you don't want. The combo with the Disklord and Kairos and Archaon's Slayer of Kings will be interesting.

But you could always choose for your general to take the trait where ever hero phase they roll a D6 and on a 1 or a 6 you can replace a pesky 2 with the number rolled!

The destiny dice mechanic is so damned fluffy I love it.  I can't wait to see what other armies get.  FYI the rolls is applies to are casting, unbind, run, charge, hit, wound, save, damage, and battleshock.  Anything that is an ability roll on a table won't get the benefit.

24 minutes ago, Nico said:

1. Real innovation - Different Command Traits for the sub-factions - Arcanites, Daemons and Mortals. Some seemed to be shared but some not. I asked whether this would be dependent on the nomination of the general or not. Does anyone know? Hopefully it doesn't mean that if you mix and match Tzeentch, then you don't qualify for a Command Trat (which would seem very unlikely).

It's dependent on which hero you nominate as your general, not what the rest of your list comprises - see attached screenshot, text in the right column.

IMG_1495.PNG

Looking at that path to glory table is what Death's one should of been like as a Death player this tome is making me jelly. Still tzeentch was my introduction to warhammer and it looks like finally I have a new project. *glare's at pinks horrors and chaos warriors*

13 minutes ago, daedalus81 said:

That they give incentive to hold onto the destiny dice is great, too.  With that Shield of Fate spell rerolling 1-3 on armor saves if you have 7-9 dice left is just awesome.  

Seems there are methods to get destiny Dice back as well, acording to the description for Masters of Destiny :)

Also expect to see a counterwave of Prayermobiles and Seraphon in response to Chaos ceasing to be Skaven, Sayl, Bloodbound plus the rest.

I've seen double War Altar against Nurgle Daemons and it wasn't a close fight. Those things are amazing against Daemons. 

8 minutes ago, Nico said:

Also expect to see a counterwave of Prayermobiles and Seraphon in response to Chaos ceasing to be Skaven, Sayl, Bloodbound plus the rest.

I've seen double War Altar against Nurgle Daemons and it wasn't a close fight. Those things are amazing against Daemons. 

I kinda love that the counters are so fluffy

Archived