Let's chat Disciples of Tzeentch

Nico

Yep, so it makes the Silver Tower stuff not really worth it as you'll already have the models who died, to replenish and spending 180 points to summon/devolve/evolve/create d3 or so guys just isn't worth it.

Edit: Assuming you are talking about Matched Play.  They could still obviously be used in Open Play.  But not sure if anyone does that anymore. ;p

Edit: @Malakithe Thanks for the suggestions on the list.  I may look into that when I go no-LoC.  I'm liking the idea of running 6 Skyfires and then when ****** goes badly, casting... uh that Fold spell to regenerate d6 or die.  Could be a real F you to anyone who thinks they are almost dead.

That said, I'm a little worried about a Slaughterpriest.  I used to not fear their "pull" because you couldn't force a character to move through his own guys.  With all of our flying characters, I'm really worried about having a Shaman dragged 16+d6 inches to its death!  Any safe guards?  Or just stay outa range?

Is the Fatemaster or an LoC a safe bet to launch into an enemy line with that 2x Movement spell to remove threats like this?

Sorry, don't have book handy for the spell names!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, ravman said:

Just out of interest. How does using marauders or varanguard who don't have the Tzeentch Keyword until they are on the field of battle affect the allegiance abilities?

All Chaos units other than varanguard are given the keyword for deployment purposes and list building. 

Varanguard need archaon for it. 

It was faq'd to reaffirm this

Probably going to end up doing something like this to start with:

Leaders
Lord Of Change (300)
Tzaangor Shaman (120)
Tzaangor Shaman (120)
Tzaangor Shaman (120)

Battleline
20 x Kairic Acolytes (280)
10 x Tzaangors (180)

Units
10 x Blue Horrors Of Tzeentch (50)
10 x Brimstone Horrors Of Tzeentch (40)
3 x Tzaangor Skyfires (160)
3 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (160)

Battalions
Arcanite Cabal (50)
Witchfyre Coven (60)
The Pyrofane Cult (80)

Total: 2000/2000

Afterwards I would like to go more into the Tzaangor side of things.

5 hours ago, Soulsmith said:

Why all the tzaangor shamans out of interest? Would it not be better to get a mix?

Well, in my list at least:

1. The fatemaster is out, unless I drop another unit, due to being more expensive.

2. The Shamans are FAR more mobile than the Magisters (16" fly vs. 6" walk).

3. The Shamans have an extra wound over the Magisters.

4. The Shaman model looks alot better than the Magister.

Yeah I was going to run Magister or Fatemaster but the Shamans benefit from the Cabal more then Fatemaster, are faster and can buff all the Tzaangor just by being near them.  They also can pop that vial for two spells a turn.  Three if it technically can stack with Cabal benefit, which based on the wording makes me think they could.

15 hours ago, AverageBoss said:

Probably going to end up doing something like this to start with:

Leaders
Lord Of Change (300)
Tzaangor Shaman (120)
Tzaangor Shaman (120)
Tzaangor Shaman (120)

Battleline
10 x Tzaangors (180)

Units
10 x Blue Horrors Of Tzeentch (50)
10 x Brimstone Horrors Of Tzeentch (40)
3 x Tzaangor Skyfires (160)
3 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (160)

Battalions
Arcanite Cabal (50)
Witchfyre Coven (60)
The Pyrofane Cult (80)

Total: 2000/2000

Afterwards I would like to go more into the Tzaangor side of things.

The shooting is real...

So how's this for a sneaky idea:

Fatemaster as your general. If part of an Arcanite Cabal, great because he can recycle destiny dice. 

Because he has the daemon keyword, give him the aether-teather command trait, then the windshief charm. First turn, cast mystic shield on him, fire up the windshief and slam him into the front of your opponents army, preferably into a unit you really need to hold up. Unless it can fly, you've got a 2+ rerollable save, even against anything with rend -1. Using destiny dice you could almost entirely ensure survival for at least a few turns and tie up a big chunk of the enemy army. 

He won't do much damage, but super tanky. 

10 minutes ago, Moarhammer said:

Fatemaster as your general. If part of an Arcanite Cabal, great because he can recycle destiny dice. 

Because he has the daemon keyword, give him the aether-teather command trait, then the windshief charm. First turn, cast mystic shield on him, fire up the windshief and slam him into the front of your opponents army, preferably into a unit you really need to hold up. Unless it can fly, you've got a 2+ rerollable save, even against anything with rend -1. Using destiny dice you could almost entirely ensure survival for at least a few turns and tie up a big chunk of the enemy army. 

Gets rekt hard by mortal wounds though. Running him into your enemy lines will all but garauntee his death 

11 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

Gets rekt hard by mortal wounds though. Running him into your enemy lines will all but garauntee his death 

Oh yeah, he'll die. But still has a 4+ against spells, and with a 32" move you can pick your fight to avoid mortal wounds. If he ties up a massive block of brutes, for example, he's doing a great job. 

42 minutes ago, Moarhammer said:

Hi, I had the same idea but with incorporeal form. But the idea it is the same. You can stop one big unit for a few turns while shooting to the rest of the army. And if your opponent has long range units like jezzail, cannons or so he can catch em in the first turn.

My idea with disciples it's to stop units with charriots, fatemaster or crimson horrors while the rest of the army shoots and throw magic.

2 hours ago, Moarhammer said:

Oh yeah, he'll die. But still has a 4+ against spells, and with a 32" move you can pick your fight to avoid mortal wounds. If he ties up a massive block of brutes, for example, he's doing a great job. 

I'm sticking with the ogroid tank setup for now.  Slower, but way more durable.  The downside is relying on a spell.

Here's an interesting thing. The new white dwarf has a large open out picture of stormcast (with a mix of stormcast types) vs Tzeentch. 

The Tzeentch force includes Arcanites and Daemons... and a Mutalith Vortex Beast!! A sign of things to come?

Can't Stormcast already deepstrike within 3" or something?  So they'd also ignore spells on 3+?  Fffffff we ded!

Though hopefully those battalions won't overlap or something.

The Mutalith does seem like after the writers pushed Print one was probably like "Waaaaiit we forgot one!"

For assembly; are you guys magnetizing your disc riders?  They seem like they are going to be annoying to store and transport, but their little feets may not be big enough to stick a magnet in? 

36 minutes ago, Goodwin said:

Can't Stormcast already deepstrike within 3" or something?  So they'd also ignore spells on 3+?  Fffffff we ded!

Though hopefully those battalions won't overlap or something.

The Mutalith does seem like after the writers pushed Print one was probably like "Waaaaiit we forgot one!"

For assembly; are you guys magnetizing your disc riders?  They seem like they are going to be annoying to store and transport, but their little feets may not be big enough to stick a magnet in? 

Magnetising the flame under the disc would probably be easier.

1 minute ago, Soulsmith said:

Knew they were going to slam DoT with this new book.

Hey chaos like all them spells you get ? Nope.  No magic for you. 

What has gw got against spells for it to always garner such hatred ? It's no different to a artillery piece 

Just now, Arkiham said:

Hey chaos like all them spells you get ? Nope.  No magic for you. 

What has gw got against spells for it to always garner such hatred ? It's no different to a artillery piece 

I get Stormcast being central to the plot of AoS for now, but do they really have to pamper them to make sure they will always be top tier?

Archived