Let's chat Disciples of Tzeentch

Nico

The first part says 'select any Flamer'. Turns out that is only the Exalted Flamers and Burning Chariots. They have keyword 'Flamer'. Turns out normal Flamers have keyword 'Flamers' with the S. Either a typo somewhere or meant to be that way.

I'm tired, but looking at the whole battalion in context (and given that there is no unit name that is "Flamers", as opposed to "Flamers of Tzeentch"), it seems likely that Flamer was intended to be a keyword. If it was intended as a unit name referemce then it runs into the Prosecutors with Javelins absurdity as there's no such unit as "Prosecutors" literally - as that would be absurd, it must mean either unit of Prosecutors. 

I would just run it as a keyword for the time being. I think you may be reading too much into the singular and plural, it could just mean that you measure the range from a particular model in the unit - initially I thought why did they specify that given that you measure ranges from nearest point of nearest model - but what that adds over the wording "measure from the unit of flamers" is in the case of an Area of Effect spell - you measure from one model, not from the entire unit - this could be a big difference for a unit of Flamers in a line!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well now I'm confused lol all the keywords are all over...

Burning Chariots are 'Flamer'

Exalted Flamers are 'Flamer'

Flamers are 'Flamers'

The battalion says for the top part to select any Flamer from this battalion. That didn't even specify unit or model. And the bottom says units of Flamers and Exalted Flamers. 

Also new idea!

Up to 4 units can swap places with each other which could be real annoying I would imagine. Doesn't seem to be any restrictions on it so you can snatch a unit from combat to replaces it with something else. 

2 LoC allow one to be a combat monster with a disc hearld to follow and buff him. 

To add to the swapping annoying theme all the wizards get the swap hit and fail chance spell. So if your opponent hit buffs a unit then they will most likely be all misses instead. 

Horrors hold whatever line then need to with the help of unit swapping and hit chance swapping while the 2 LoC smash and blast everything apart...in theory of course.

20170123_121244.png

Hi all, I have a question about  tzaangors, I play 30 Tzaangors so I can play 12 of them with greatswards. If I got this 12 with greatswards on the first line and I face another unit..in combat phase enemy unit attack greatswards and deal 3 wounds, I have to remove greatswards Tzaangors or I can remove other guys without it?

-have I use saves rolls of greatswards? 

- in shooting phase what model I have to remove?

thx and sorry for questions:)

remove what you would like to remove. so the guys at the back with the shields. until you have one left then probably the musician, etc. remove in order of priority to you.

also don't be afraid to remove some slightly better units to deny someone the charge or pile in. 

Thought I'd throw my plans for a 1k list here.  Hope I can get some thoughts on it!

Tzaangor Shaman

20 Tzaangor

3 Enlightened

3 Skyfire

10 Pink Horrors

Tzaangor Coven

I haven't devled into what spells/items to give the shaman, but this is my plan at least for a 1k list.  Ive been running Nurgle Mortals lately and this does not reaaaally seem to be as powerful as my 15 Blightkings, Harbinger and Bloab. >.<

1 hour ago, Soulsmith said:

What do people think to running a mostly mortal force? Seems like a lot of pure daemon strats going on.

i plan on making a mortal list using the fatesworn battalion with some good items from the Tzeentch allegiance.

ive a long train ride wednesday on the way for 2 days of 4k games. and ill be constructing a bunch of lists then, so ill be posting some up them, currently im too concerned making sure my list is decent enough to stand a chance 

Personally not a big fan of the warscrolls.  I think they're too expensive for what they do and their construction is not the best for a Tz force if they're looking to play more competitive.

I'm also not convinced that the Gaunt Summoner on Disc is any good.  The one we have on foot for 100 points is probably the most cost-effective wizard in the game, with a borderline godlike spell.

5 minutes ago, Tizianolol said:

Thx @arkiham

and about save roll? If enemy units are base to base my greatswards..have I to use save rolls of greatswards and eventually remove  sward shilds?:)

the save roll is the same for the entire unit. if you have models in the unit with shields the guys who dont have them still gain the benefits until all those models with shields are gone. same for two hand weapons, all models in the unit gain +1 to hit in this instance. 

for your particular example you'd roll your unit save and then a d6 for a 6+ for the further save on all units, and then remove a model as you see fit, the entire unit gains the benefit for the shield until they're all gone, once they're all dead. the additional 6+ save is lost

46 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

What do people think to running a mostly mortal force? Seems like a lot of pure daemon strats going on.

It's hard, because I really enjoy the Skyfires, Enlightened, etc, but you simply can't fit a Fatesworn band AND those units.

If you wanted to go that path my thoughts are the following --

Go big on Gorebeast Chariots since you can guarantee the charge rolls you need.  
Shield of Fate functionally replaces the Warshrine, sadly.
Chaos Knights will always be great under Fatesworn and even better with Shield of Fate.

That is basically all these it to consider on the mortal end of it.  Maybe some nice hero combos with the manticores.

1 minute ago, Tizianolol said:

@arkiham

same with paired savage blades right? +1 save for all unit until i got them in unit:)

yes, i suspect this will be the load out i will be using and looking to replenish the unit as much as possible. who needs a save when i can just replenish the entire unit?

Just now, daedalus81 said:

It's hard, because I really enjoy the Skyfires, Enlightened, etc, but you simply can't fit a Fatesworn band AND those units.

If you wanted to go that path my thoughts are the following --

Go big on Gorebeast Chariots since you can guarantee the charge rolls you need.  
Shield of Fate functionally replaces the Warshrine, sadly.
Chaos Knights will always be great under Fatesworn and even better with Shield of Fate.

That is basically all these it to consider on the mortal end of it.  Maybe some nice hero combos with the manticores.

would you consider using marauder cav for a light skirmish unit able to do rend at range? as the fatesworn affects all weapons.  

the most OP thing in the book is blue horrors at 10 models for 50 points, and a formation that 8 units of horrors get d6 models back a turn and it costs 30 points. That will be on the level of the ork archer spam.  The acolytes look over costed a bit but they get a lot of cool stuff from formations. Really was hoping flamers would at least be dropped to 180pts. its hard to risk fielding a lot of them being so frail at 200pts. 

One important thing thats not in the book and i havent seen anyone mention yet is the Demon Prince. Dont forget about him! he is a real bargin pts wise and a lot of the new demon items are for combat. He is a real winner in this army being a combat demon wizard and half the pts of fielding a second lord of change. 

Kairos is the big loser in my mind. more pts then LoC and not as good

Can I just say that I'm in love with this book. 

My initial impression is that it's competitive even if the units are pricey for what they do. I think the lack of an absolute powerhouse unit looks to be balanced by the ability to cast tons of spells and by the dice manipulation.  Time will tell.

Either way, this book is going to be a lot of fun to play.

10 minutes ago, Honcho said:

Can I just say that I'm in love with this book. 

My initial impression is that it's competitive even if the units are pricey for what they do. I think the lack of an absolute powerhouse unit looks to be balanced by the ability to cast tons of spells and by the dice manipulation.  Time will tell.

Either way, this book is going to be a lot of fun to play.

Overall, I would say this book is probably middle of the pack in terms of competitiveness, I would rate it a 6/10 for power and 10/10 for fluffiness and style!

1 hour ago, Arkiham said:

would you consider using marauder cav for a light skirmish unit able to do rend at range? as the fatesworn affects all weapons.  

You could, but I would probably do them in minimum sized units.  They don't really add anything other than being a cheaper selection.

Skyfire shooting does 2.9 vs 4+ with shaman support.  Marauder cav does 1.7.  By points that is 0.018 for skyfire and 0.017 for marauders.  Pretty close. Skyfires outclass them in melee by quite a bit though - even moreso if your opponent is careless about combat selection.

They can retreat and shoot and charge, which can be useful at times, but requires an even bigger unit.

32 minutes ago, daedalus81 said:

You could, but I would probably do them in minimum sized units.  They don't really add anything other than being a cheaper selection.

Skyfire shooting does 2.9 vs 4+ with shaman support.  Marauder cav does 1.7.  By points that is 0.018 for skyfire and 0.017 for marauders.  Pretty close. Skyfires outclass them in melee by quite a bit though - even moreso if your opponent is careless about combat selection.

They can retreat and shoot and charge, which can be useful at times, but requires an even bigger unit.

How much damage does a full unit of 9 Skyfires do with Shaman support per round in shooting if you don't mind me asking?

If you disregard the champion -- 9 shots, 3 of them will be mortal wounds totaling 6.  The other 6 shots hit 33% (you already 'used' your 5s and 6s) so, 2 hits, 1.3 wounds, 0.88 after armor, 1.8 damage.  Looks to be about 7.8 total.  My initial number of 2.9 seems a little high, but not by too much with champions considered.

Archived