Competitive 2k GA Chaos List

Maddok

I'm looking to get some feedback on the latest iteration of my khorne based alliance list. I started basing around a monster mash style, but am moving a bit away to bring in more turn 1 alpha strike capabilities. Do you think it's turn 1 alpha strike is enough to deter opponents from giving me first turn? How could I work some inexpensive shooting into the list that may give it more flexibility? I have skaven, tzeentch, khorne, and even legion of azgor that I can bring.

• Wrath of Khorne Blood Thirster    360
    • General 
    • Lord of war
  • Blood Thirster of insensate rage   280
    • Rune blade (axe)
  • Blood Secrator                                 120
  • Sayl the Faithless                            160
  • Skaven Plague Priest                        80
  • 30 blood letters                              300
  • 10 Blood warriors                            200
  • 10 Blood warriors                            200
  • Soul Grinder                                     280

Turn 1: Sayl puts traitors mist on the Blood letters, lord of war trait is put on them, as is the WoK's command ability. They leave a chain long enough to catch the blood secrator's banner to double their attacks. Blood warriors run onto objectives and hold them as thorny/tough objective holders.

Later in the game, the plague priest adds +1 to wound against a specific enemy unit, Insensate rage thirster charges it with 6 attacks in an attempt to do bubble mortal wounds. The grinder provides fire support/ attacks standard units.

Thoughts?

Why the Grinder? Something like Warp Lightning Cannons seems more consistent to be fair. You have a lot of melee as it is. If you manage to clear up another 80pts, then you can have 2 Cannons. Ontop of the potential mortal wounds from letters and the Thirsters, you should be good to go.

It's tempting for sure. What I worry about there is how I lose a durable unit for holding objectives. I also have an elaborately converted soul grinder and it synergies really well the the banner (+3 attacks). That said the 2 wlc are probably better. Just not sure if that's the case at the expense of blood warriors

Archived