The authoritative 'Which army Should I Play' web quiz

foolsama

So we've got a lot of 'Which army should I play' - and will continue to get more. I think it'd be great to have a place to point people, and I like the idea of an intuitive flowchart. Either as a large infographic or a series of quiz questions.  Input desired to flesh this out and make it truly 'authoritative' since I'm really only familiar with several armies.

I've started a very basic 'quiz' to review, here: http://schoolhouseauto.com/quiz 

Input needed to make it better!

It's going to be very very hard. And likely to change a lot, early 2017 is going to be heavy on the AoS front.

One particular army can have many players styles,  bloodbound can be both elite troops, and mass trash.

They can be mass attacks with low damage, or low attacks with large damage, which does affect the battle outcome

Now if you start talking about synergies, khorne can also be highly mobile, I've run a list, running bloodcrusher as battleline with knights, manticore, Chariots and gorebeast sweep to impressive victories, so there could be more than one answer per refinement, so it needs further refinement, which just makes the scope of the whole thing mind boggling, 

15 hours ago, foolsama said:

I'm already seeing the limitations of this formatting... is there a google doc that'll do something like this? Or should I just code it...

Why don't you make a flow chart. Visualize it a bit with models/artwork. So people get a feel of the army. 

Would you not be better at doing this the other way around? Starting with which play style do you like out of these choices

Then which aesthetic appeals? 

Then Id look at presenting a list - narrowing each combo of play style etc down to one is a tough job. There's a thread about FEC in the death subforum that suggests three different playstyles with that faction, so narrowing each down to one might be tricky.

I guess I'm OK with that - because that in effect presents more choices.  So, if one really likes the look of ghouls and flying zombie dragons, but wants to play a certain way, we can still recommend FEC. However, if you don't want to play super-aggressive, than Destruction armies may not be for you, even if you like their looks.

Archived